London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got the 5 week email for Phil and Econ
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 901
What's the difference between the 5 week and the 12 week e-mails? Do you get one or both? And does it vary according to department?
Reply 902
Original post by Belle18
What's the difference between the 5 week and the 12 week e-mails? Do you get one or both? And does it vary according to department?

The 12 week one is the one you get saying that they will reply to your application in 12 weeks (basically a receipt of application) and it goes to everyone because the assess everyone within 12 weeks. They say they will update you in two weeks.

Then there's the two week one saying that they will spend two weeks looking at your application with a junior admissions tutor. Everyone gets this too.

Then if you get through that (there have been rejections at this stage) you get the five week email saying you're strong enough to be considered further.

That's how far most of us are by now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 903
Original post by kezexx
The 12 week one is the one you get saying that they will reply to your application in 12 weeks (basically a receipt of application) and it goes to everyone because the assess everyone within 12 weeks. They say they will update you in two weeks.

Then there's the two week one saying that they will spend two weeks looking at your application with a junior admissions tutor. Everyone gets this too.

Then if you get through that (there have been rejections at this stage) you get the five week email saying you're strong enough to be considered further.

That's how far most of us are by now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, thanks for clarification on the matter. Is there any idea of how many rejections before the five week e-mail? Like is it just people who don't meet the basic entry requirements, or does it seem to be a lot more than that? (I understand that we can't know for sure but just curious!)
And now we have to wait 5 weeks... >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 905
Original post by Belle18
Okay, thanks for clarification on the matter. Is there any idea of how many rejections before the five week e-mail? Like is it just people who don't meet the basic entry requirements, or does it seem to be a lot more than that? (I understand that we can't know for sure but just curious!)

I'm not 100% sure... But rejections are if you don't meet the criteria and I have heard of a case where someone was rejected on their personal statement. And no problem!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Belle18

As you said we don't really know but in the thread I think I remember some people telling they've been rejected whereas they had excellent grades because their personal statement were poor. Now idk if it's already very selective or not :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 907
Original post by kezexx
I'm not 100% sure... But rejections are if you don't meet the criteria and I have heard of a case where someone was rejected on their personal statement. And no problem!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by frenchstud74
As you said we don't really know but in the thread I think I remember some people telling they've been rejected whereas they had excellent grades because their personal statement were poor. Now idk if it's already very selective or not :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, LSE don't mess around....Thanks to both of you :smile:
Reply 908
Original post by norah_bellefleur
Applying for IR...

Today is the two-week mark and I still haven't heard anything! I've literally been hovering over the refresh button for the past hour :s-smilie:

Hah! Same here! But then IR is perhaps simply behind the other departments?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meekayla
Hah! Same here! But then IR is perhaps simply behind the other departments?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so! this is so nerve-wracking! :s:
Reply 910
Original post by meekayla
At the very deadline, on the evening of the 14th :P
My 2 weeks end tomorrow though :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

What other unis are you applying for? Have you already heard from LSE? :smile:
Reply 911
Original post by ErHi?
Just received the 5 week email…. I'm hoping it actually means something paha

I'm concerned now!!! I haven't had it yet and my 2 weeks ended today :s-smilie:
Reply 912
Original post by anyotherworld
Same! I hope they don't delay as much as the Maths department apparently did with their follow-up e-mails.

really? i got 2 week email the day after my acknowlesgement. then 5 week email 6 days later. i applied for maths wit econ
Reply 913
Original post by IceKidd
really? i got 2 week email the day after my acknowlesgement. then 5 week email 6 days later. i applied for maths wit econ

I also got mine fairly quickly.
Original post by IceKidd

Yes but there are 5 people on this thread alone who are still waiting over 3 and a half weeks after receipt of their 2 week email and it is these people that the OP was referring to. And you know this as you commented earlier in this thread.
Reply 915
Original post by CD315
I also got mine fairly quickly.

have you gotten past 5 week email yet?

is it definitely offer/rejection after then or possibly another email. dont know if you kno...just thought id check.
Reply 916
Has anyone on here gotten after the 5 week email stage?
A bit of humility might go a long way! There are anxious people here awaiting news! Sorry, but just had to say.
Reply 918
Original post by norah_bellefleur
Applying for IR...

Today is the two-week mark and I still haven't heard anything! I've literally been hovering over the refresh button for the past hour :s-smilie:

Same! I've applied for IR and today is the two week mark! Hope I hear something tomorrow! :frown:
Reply 919
Original post by josiejo1970
Yes but there are 5 people on this thread alone who are still waiting over 3 and a half weeks after receipt of their 2 week email and it is these people that the OP was referring to. And you know this as you commented earlier in this thread.

i didnt realise they were all for maths. i think just one of them is...

What day did they all get their 2 week email on again?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending