The Student Room Group

frenulum breve, steroid cream, how much to apply how exactly to stretch with cream

Hi, today I went to see a GP about my frenulum breve. She said that only the frenulum is tight and prescribed me some Clobetasone Butyrate cream 0.05% and said to apply it twice a day for 3 weeks. She also said she doesn't think it will work because only my frenulum is tight and not all of my foreskin therefore refered me to a urologist who will probably discuss a plasectomy or circumsision.

My question is how much cream should I put on my frenulum, where exactly should I apply it and how to stretch it properly.

Also do you think there is a good chance it will work as i've also been having pretty bad hygene problems due to this.

Thanks
Just apply to the whole area. Twice a day for 3 weeks isn't going to cause side effects so apply liberally.

Stretching is hard if it's just tight but just pull the foreskin back as much as you can without causing undue pain or bleeding.

You're likely looking at a circumcision if the frenulum is scarred or just very short. You've got nothing to lose trying the steroid. Good luck.
Reply 2
Asking before leaving the appointment is always a good idea :smile: If necessary, ask for a quick 'tell me how to do this' with her / one of the practice nurses / a pharmacist.

Having said that - how much have you been prescribed? Divide by about forty and that's the size each time. It will be about the size of a small pea / petit pois, I expect. It will be applied on and around the frenulum. You'll stretch it by pulling the foreskin back gently, seeing how far it will stretch, releasing and repeating a few times. Think very gentle masturbation...

Don't know - and neither does she - but if it does, it will have been easier than a circumcision.
Reply 3
You should get results stretching the banjo rather than the whole thing but it will be slower, even with the steroid cream. As said, unless it's specifically scarred you shouldn't need to bother with a circumcision.

Since you said you have had hygiene problems I assume you can't retract it even when soft. Right at the beginning results seem to come quickest.

IIRC NHS cover frenuloplasty.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tooosh
You should get results stretching the banjo rather than the whole thing but it will be slower, even with the steroid cream. As said, unless it's specifically scarred you shouldn't need to bother with a circumcision.

Since you said you have had hygiene problems I assume you can't retract it even when soft. Right at the beginning results seem to come quickest.

IIRC NHS cover frenuloplasty.

I deleted my last post because I forgot to make anonymous

So you would suggest stretching the whole thing?
Its not scarred at all. I can retract about halfway down the shaft when flaccid but the foreskin doesn't fully stretch out and there are creases in it due to the frendulum also the head bends down.
When erect it goes just over the head. The foreskin isn't tight its literally just the frendulum.

Have you got a medical background or have you had something similar done? Also would it be better to stretch erect or flaccid
Reply 5
I have read a lot about this, most cases seem to say that the steroid cream is not useful to be honest. However, make sure you find out all of the options from your urologist. From what I have read of peoples experience with frenulum breve, a circumcision is not normally required, most cases seem to require a frenulectomy or something similar.
Original post by McFlury
I have read a lot about this, most cases seem to say that the steroid cream is not useful to be honest. However, make sure you find out all of the options from your urologist. From what I have read of peoples experience with frenulum breve, a circumcision is not normally required, most cases seem to require a frenulectomy or something similar.

Just the thought of having my foreskin removed makes me cringe :/
[h="3"]Short frenulum[/h]A short frenulum may be the cause of a foreskin not retracting behind the glans, or pulling the glans downwards as soon as retraction begins. If stretching the frenulum fails, as it usually does, it can be freed by a minor operation called a Frenuloplasty. This can usually be performed under a local anaesthetic.

http://www.norm-uk.org/circumcision_alternative_treatments.html

Ok just found this useful website so it is likely I will have a frenuloplasty, if the op goes wrong I will have to have a circumsision though :l
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I deleted my last post because I forgot to make anonymous

So you would suggest stretching the whole thing?
Its not scarred at all. I can retract about halfway down the shaft when flaccid but the foreskin doesn't fully stretch out and there are creases in it due to the frendulum also the head bends down.
When erect it goes just over the head. The foreskin isn't tight its literally just the frendulum.

Have you got a medical background or have you had something similar done? Also would it be better to stretch erect or flaccid

You can stretch just the frenulum by pulling it away from yourself. After a while you can stretch it just by pulling it back but obviously you'll need to get hard. You can keep doing it away from you rather than towards you for a while, it is a lot easier.

Stretch soft first, then hard when you can't get enough of a stretch, hard.

Done it myself after my doctor told me to get a circumcision and I told him to **** off... in my head :rolleyes:
Reply 9
Don't know that stretching the banjo usually fails but you definitely need to do it consistently. That's definitely not the impression I got reading around.
Reply 10
Just the thought of having my foreskin removed makes me cringe :/

yeh me too, keep us updated.
Reply 11
Short frenulum

A short frenulum may be the cause of a foreskin not retracting behind the glans, or pulling the glans downwards as soon as retraction begins. If stretching the frenulum fails, as it usually does, it can be freed by a minor operation called a Frenuloplasty. This can usually be performed under a local anaesthetic.

http://www.norm-uk.org/circumcision_alternative_treatments.html

Ok just found this useful website so it is likely I will have a frenuloplasty, if the op goes wrong I will have to have a circumsision though :l

I wouldn't worry yourself, it looks like a very simple procedure, it is unlikely to go wrong.
Ok guys I've applied it for about two days now and I seem like im making slight progress, the small veins in the frendulum have gone red and a few bigger ones have appeared on the underside
Also sex with a condom should be fine right
I know it's been almost 5 years, but I would like to ask to the OP: was the steroid cream enough or did you end up needing an intervention? Thank you!
how has it worked??

Quick Reply

Latest