The Student Room Group

Good pharmacy schools if I get predicted, say ABB?

Scroll to see replies

QUB's pharmacy school is pretty decent. It's AAB I believe but you should get in with ABB. 3 of my friends are second year pharmacists at Queen's and they like it, but it's pretty challenging!

PM if you want to know anything about Queen's :smile:
Original post by James A
Good, you should never rush into something, especially picking your uni choices!

When are you gonna send off your UCAS?

Btw did Bath and Uni's like that say that they were going to give you an offer of AAA if they wanted you?
Original post by propagation
Btw did Bath and Uni's like that say that they were going to give you an offer of AAA if they wanted you?

I don't know because I didn't apply to any of the top unis during my gap year.
Original post by James A
I don't know because I didn't apply to any of the top unis during my gap year.

Ahh fair enough, the only thing which makes reading better than Durham is the social life.

Like for example you have had Example and Calvin Harris perform in the Student Union night club thing.
Ahh fair enough, the only thing which makes reading better than Durham is the social life.

Like for example you have had Example and Calvin Harris perform in the Student Union night club thing.

Yeah, we have loads of big acts come down.

Uni isn't just about the degree, it's about having a good social life once you've done your work/assignments for the day :wink:
Original post by James A
Yeah, we have loads of big acts come down.

Uni isn't just about the degree, it's about having a good social life once you've done your work/assignments for the day :wink:

DO you think I should take a risk and swap De Montfort University for Reading and treat it like an ABB uni???
Because if they let students in with BBB surely ABB would be alright especially if the A is in Chem?
DO you think I should take a risk and swap De Montfort University for Reading and treat it like an ABB uni???
Because if they let students in with BBB surely ABB would be alright especially if the A is in Chem?

Yeah you can do that, I think that's probably the better thing to do.

Then once you visit Durham/Reading for your interviews, you can judge the uni's there yourself!
Original post by James A
Yeah you can do that, I think that's probably the better thing to do.

Then once you visit Durham/Reading for your interviews, you can judge the uni's there yourself!

Problem is Durham isn't interviewing but if they give me an offer I will defiently go to the campus. I think that is my decision completed. Many thanks for your help, it's much appreciated :smile:
Problem is Durham isn't interviewing but if they give me an offer I will defiently go to the campus. I think that is my decision completed. Many thanks for your help, it's much appreciated :smile:

:yy:
Original post by James A
:yy:

:yy: : I tried to do the same earlier but it wouldn't let me for you :frown:.

Seems like you get enough of them daily according to tsr haha
:yy: : I tried to do the same earlier but it wouldn't let me for you :frown:.

Seems like you get enough of them daily according to tsr haha

You must get the 'please rate some other members' message when trying to rep me :hmmm: . Apparently you gotta wait until you rep 20 other members before you can rep me again. Well that's as far as I read into the FAQ's haha.

I gave you rep, you should have received it!
Original post by James A
You must get the 'please rate some other members' message when trying to rep me :hmmm: . Apparently you gotta wait until you rep 20 other members before you can rep me again. Well that's as far as I read into the FAQ's haha.

I gave you rep, you should have received it!

Yes I did thanks haha.
This rep system is stupid, lol.
How have you been finding reading bro(Pharmacy)?
Yes I did thanks haha.
This rep system is stupid, lol.
How have you been finding reading bro(Pharmacy)?

Yeah it's been really good so far. I've met loads of nice people on the course, everyone is friendly to talk to and just uni life in general is fun.

The course is hard, I'm not gonna even lie. It's the sheer volume of work we have to get through that is what is making things hard, the content from all modules is understandable as we're just branching off from A-level material.

The chemistry lab practicals are interesting, but we've only had three so far and one human physiology practical.
Original post by James A
Yeah it's been really good so far. I've met loads of nice people on the course, everyone is friendly to talk to and just uni life in general is fun.

The course is hard, I'm not gonna even lie. It's the sheer volume of work we have to get through that is what is making things hard, the content from all modules is understandable as we're just branching off from A-level material.

The chemistry lab practicals are interesting, but we've only had three so far and one human physiology practical.

Ahh cool sounds like it's going well! :biggrin:

Well It is Pharmacy after all haha, it's expected that the work load will be quite high as opposed to other courses. But as long as you keep on top of it, you have plenty of time I am sure to party haha :wink: .

Btw I couldn't get you to quickly check something for me in private chat,

cheers
Ahh cool sounds like it's going well! :biggrin:

Well It is Pharmacy after all haha, it's expected that the work load will be quite high as opposed to other courses. But as long as you keep on top of it, you have plenty of time I am sure to party haha :wink: .

Btw I couldn't get you to quickly check something for me in private chat,

cheers

I'm off to sleep literally right now, about to shutdown my laptop.

Send the pm and I'll read tomorrow :smile:
Original post by James A
I'm off to sleep literally right now, about to shutdown my laptop.

Send the pm and I'll read tomorrow :smile:

Oh ok, thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending