The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Biologist0
There's a thread for this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2496227
I think that all of the courses administered by the department of Life Sciences have a shared interview scheme (but I may be wrong).

Ahh, thanks very much :biggrin:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by William Turtle
Ahh, thanks very much :biggrin:

No problem :smile:
Reply 282
has anyone got an offer for management yet??
Original post by laurenrw
has anyone got an offer for management yet??

See the first page of this thread
Original post by blueboa
I got an interview for Zoology on the 20th !! Just one thing I can't confirm my interview, because the website says there is no record of it. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Try again in a few hours, same happened to me and then it worked. Had my life sciences interview today for biology and its nothing to worry about, very informal. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello!

First of all, thank you for your help! I really appreciated it!

Then, I have another problem, extremely urgent:

I'm a EU highschool student and I applied for Medicine in Manchester, among other unis. Last night I was sent an email and told I needed to send them proof of my qualifications. From what I understood, this also meant sending them my average marks.

I was told (by teachers etc) that I needed to have that sheet of paper translated, but there are two types of translation:

1. The translator translates the paper and signs it and stamps it (authorized translation)

2. The translator translates the paper, signs it, and it is also signed by a notary (legalized translation).

The first one is cheaper, since you only deal with the translator, but I don't know which one I should use.

Please help me, the paper's being translated in the morning and I have to tell them what I want. And I have to have it sent by Friday!

I have posted this on another forum on the site, but nobody replied. Pretty pretty please help me!
Reply 286
Got an interview on the 13th Nov for Cognitive Neuroscience and Psychology! Anyone else got an invite for the 13th? Or anyone else applied for the same course? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pearsandbananas
Hello!

First of all, thank you for your help! I really appreciated it!

Then, I have another problem, extremely urgent:

I'm a EU highschool student and I applied for Medicine in Manchester, among other unis. Last night I was sent an email and told I needed to send them proof of my qualifications. From what I understood, this also meant sending them my average marks.

I was told (by teachers etc) that I needed to have that sheet of paper translated, but there are two types of translation:

1. The translator translates the paper and signs it and stamps it (authorized translation)

2. The translator translates the paper, signs it, and it is also signed by a notary (legalized translation).

The first one is cheaper, since you only deal with the translator, but I don't know which one I should use.

Please help me, the paper's being translated in the morning and I have to tell them what I want. And I have to have it sent by Friday!

I have posted this on another forum on the site, but nobody replied. Pretty pretty please help me!

I would suggest that you ring (not email, ring) the department tomorrow morning and see what they say
Got an offer from Manchester to study Linguistics :smile:
Reply 289
I received an offer for physics, really happy considering it's probably the best place for physics in the country!
Anyone received offers for Geography?:smile: I wonder how long it will take them to make a decision. :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shutthedoor
Anyone received offers for Geography?:smile: I wonder how long it will take them to make a decision. :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Check the first page of this thread - there's a comprehensive list of TSRians with UoM offers there.
Reply 292
Original post by MarkProbio
Try again in a few hours, same happened to me and then it worked. Had my life sciences interview today for biology and its nothing to worry about, very informal. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! How was it? What sort of questions do they ask?
Got an offer from Manchester to study Politics and International Relations :biggrin: Good luck to everyone who has an interview!
I have an interview for Chemical Engineering! :biggrin:
To the three other biochem applicants with interviews: are you all going up (or down) on the 6th of November?
Original post by William Turtle
To the three other biochem applicants with interviews: are you all going up (or down) on the 6th of November?

I am going on the 11th of December. But I guess that's because I am from the EU.
Reply 297
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this has already been asked but, is anyone here applying for the BA Social Sciences degree? I've gone through the majority of this thread and haven't found anything so I am slightly worried about it :L
If anyone is applying, please reply? I'm hoping to do Philosophy and Politics and should be sending off my application before the end of next week.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SkAlley
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this has already been asked but, is anyone here applying for the BA Social Sciences degree? I've gone through the majority of this thread and haven't found anything so I am slightly worried about it :L
If anyone is applying, please reply? I'm hoping to do Philosophy and Politics and should be sending of my application before the end of next week.

Most people will just refer to it as politics and philosophy rather than BASS to be honest. There's a full list of TSRians with interviews and offers in the first page of this thread. There are quite a few offers from the School of Social Sciences already

If you've got any questions about the politics side of the course I can probably answer though as I'm a third year politics student at Manchester.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 299
Original post by ffionm
Woohoo just got an offer for PPE at Manchester! So relieved

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations on your offer!! :clap2: I was wondering if you had to go to any kind of interview before they made you an offer or if you just received an offer after you sent of your UCAS? I'm applying for PP instead of PPE so I'm curious to see if it's the same format?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending