The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by josiejo1970
A bit of humility might go a long way! There are anxious people here awaiting news! Sorry, but just had to say.

are u referring to me
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by IceKidd
i didnt realise they were all for maths. i think just one of them is...

What day did they all get their 2 week email on again?

Yes. There are 5 waiting from maths and we all got our 2 week email on 7th October which is a bit strange as none of us have heard anything.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 922
Original post by josiejo1970
Yes. There are 5 waiting from maths and we all got our 2 week email on 7th October which is a bit strange as none of us have heard anything.

I dont think humility is required. Had all these people been rejected i guess humility...but they have just not had an email. would make u worry a little, but it doesnt affect ur application...your application is still being checked, youve neither been made an offer nor a rejection, just like the rest of us. i think u need to calm down a bit. youre literally worrying over nothing...i got my imperial acknowledgement email like a week after everyone else (and some had 3 by then), i was worried a bit and thats natural, but it didnt require humility on other peoples parts...
Reply 923
Original post by IceKidd
have you gotten past 5 week email yet?

is it definitely offer/rejection after then or possibly another email. dont know if you kno...just thought id check.

Nope, haven't got the next stage yet. I'm tempted to email and ask what the next stage is :tongue:
Reply 924
Original post by smile:D
I'm concerned now!!! I haven't had it yet and my 2 weeks ended today :s-smilie:

I think it might be because I applied for Econ History? The department is considerably smaller than the main History department so they probably have more applicants to go through! Don't worry, there are many many other people who haven't heard back yet!
Reply 925
Original post by ErHi?
I think it might be because I applied for Econ History? The department is considerably smaller than the main History department so they probably have more applicants to go through! Don't worry, there are many many other people who haven't heard back yet!

Thanks for reassuring me- I feel considerably less stressed now :smile:
Reply 926
Hello guys,

I'm a first year student doing management.
If you have any questions feel free to ask, good luck with your applications and prepare yourself for a long wait !
Reply 927
Original post by Rabbit23
Hello guys,

If you have any questions feel free to ask, good luck with your applications and prepare yourself for a long wait !

LSE is somewhat notorious for the lack of social life, which I'm sure is a complete myth that has been spread by people who are quite introverted anyway, but, what's your view on it?

Also, how do you find the teaching? Do you feel as if professors are approachable?

What are other students like also? LSE is a world class university and I'm sure there must be a few people who think they're the be all and end all to their subject. Is the atmosphere quite relaxed around campus/buildings?

Quite a few questions there, I'm sorry :s-smilie: Studying Econ History at LSE is quite an aspiration for me and I really want to be able to have a somewhat 'feel' of the place.

Reply 928
Original post by smile:D
Thanks for reassuring me- I feel considerably less stressed now :smile:

Haha no worries :smile: I feel just as anxious as you probably do, heck, we are all anxious :biggrin:

Just have faith in yourself!
Original post by CD315
Nope, haven't got the next stage yet. I'm tempted to email and ask what the next stage is :tongue:

I'm also biting my nails, my 5 weeks are over in about a week. Fingers crossed.

EDIT: I'm applying for straight economics.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 930
Original post by PierreIsNotMyName

You'll be one of the first to tell us what happens :eek:

Good luck!!! :biggrin:
IR is heavily oversubscribed so no surprise they are slower than other departments.

Original post by anyotherworld
I completely agree.
Is your admissions tutor Umi Chilemba?

I applied for IR and History, still no update!

My admissions tutor is Ruth.
Reply 932
Original post by gouratiltzen
IR is heavily oversubscribed so no surprise they are slower than other departments.

My admissions tutor is Ruth.

Seems as if my course (Econ History) is the least competitive but it still has 8:1 applicants or places which terrifies me :frown: also utterly confused why a LSE course is only AAB!
Reply 933

I think I'll wait and see what happens to you then - i.e. whether you get a decision or not. Please keep us informed :smile:

I still have two weeks (straight econ too)! Ahh this is so nerve-wrecking :s-smilie:

Good luck!
Reply 935
I applied for IR and got the 5 week email a week ago :smile:
Original post by aureis
I applied for IR and got the 5 week email a week ago :smile:

When did you send off your application/receive the 2-week email? Also, are you a UK applicant or International?
Original post by norah_bellefleur
When did you send off your application/receive the 2-week email? Also, are you a UK applicant or International?

She is not from UK.
Reply 938
Hello guys,

Bit of basic question, but I was wondering what exactly management was? and what your studies revolve around?
Also, are there any documentaries, videos, books that could help provide me with a basic understanding of management? If so, which would you recommend?
Thank you!
Reply 939
Hello guys,

cheers!

can i ask, did they have this email update system going on last year aswell. if so do you know what happens after the 5 week email?

Quick Reply

Latest