The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilyross17
Hi, yes for UCL we have to upload the work experience form. Gives us a chance to give more detail about experiences. I uploaded mine under the cv section as the application form seems to be mostly generic for all masters rather than specific to salt. Hope this helps x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thanks for that. Charlotte
Reply 141
Original post by smorsgabord
Hi Lindsay
I havent used any academic references as i left uni in 2009 and it doesnt seem relevant to use a reference from Uni when it was so long ago, I dont think the Uni would even remember who I was so its more useful to upload two recent ones. I have used my current employer and the lady I volunteer with as references. Hope that helps!

Charlotte

I thought the same so contacted the university I ask. And they basically said if you left within the past 8 years it's the academic reference thy still want. Hope this helps.

I was was a bit disheartened by that because as you said, I doubt anyone will even remember me or my quality of work from 2009
Hi

I need some help with the UCL supporting statement. It says that if you are doing a taught programme it wants you to mention which modules you might be interested in but I am unable to find the choices. Can anyone send me the link to where the choices are? Thanks, Charlotte

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 143
Hi

I need some help with the UCL supporting statement. It says that if you are doing a taught programme it wants you to mention which modules you might be interested in but I am unable to find the choices. Can anyone send me the link to where the choices are? Thanks, Charlotte

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you click here

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/psychlangsci/students/prospective/PGT/TMSSPESLAN01

and look under 'structure', you'll find a list of modules you can click on for more info.

Hope that helps!
Original post by Katehb
If you click here

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/psychlangsci/students/prospective/PGT/TMSSPESLAN01

and look under 'structure', you'll find a list of modules you can click on for more info.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for that link. It seems that you can't choose your modules as they are set and there seems to be no options. I'm not sure what they want us to say in that part of the supporting statement. I think I'll call them to find out. Thanks again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 145
Thanks for that link. It seems that you can't choose your modules as they are set and there seems to be no options. I'm not sure what they want us to say in that part of the supporting statement. I think I'll call them to find out. Thanks again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was going to say the course are usually set because you have to meet the requirements of the health council in order to qualify. That part of the form is probably for other taught MScs and they just haven't taken it out for SLT. You could perhaps say which ones interest you most and why, or whic you already have experience of?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Flicker
I was going to say the course are usually set because you have to meet the requirements of the health council in order to qualify. That part of the form is probably for other taught MScs and they just haven't taken it out for SLT. You could perhaps say which ones interest you most and why, or whic you already have experience of?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks Flicker, I think I'll do what you suggested.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello again guys,

For the UCL app, just wondering what you've put for funding? Have you just put "other"? or what?

Original post by charliecarly
Hello again guys,

For the UCL app, just wondering what you've put for funding? Have you just put "other"? or what?

Hi

I think there were a few choices so I've put loan and own finances.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi

Just to let you know that when you submit your applications they send an automatic email to your referees straight away so you should warn them that they will get it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 150
Hi Guys,

Has anyone else been having trouble uploading their transcripts to the UCL application form? Even when i tried to upload 1 page it still said the file was too big :frown:
Original post by rg13
Hi Guys,

Has anyone else been having trouble uploading their transcripts to the UCL application form? Even when i tried to upload 1 page it still said the file was too big :frown:

Hi

If it is larger than 2mb then it won't upload, I converted mine to PDF which made it smaller and then it accepted it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 152
Hello, what type of document is it? PDF? Jpeg?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 153
Original post by Katehb
Hello, what type of document is it? PDF? Jpeg?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it was a PDF. I then tried it as a word doc
Reply 154
Hi

If it is larger than 2mb then it won't upload, I converted mine to PDF which made it smaller and then it accepted it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. Maybe if I start as a word doc then convert it maybe that will work
Reply 155
Anyone else feeling relieved to have submitted their UCL application?
Reply 156
Original post by rg13
Anyone else feeling relieved to have submitted their UCL application?

Yes!

Although now I'm wondering whether the waiting is going to be worse than the application process...!
Reply 157
Original post by Katehb
Yes!

Although now I'm wondering whether the waiting is going to be worse than the application process...!

Thats true. I wonder how long before we hear anything. I heard it can take as long as end of Jan and that's just to get an interview :frown:
Reply 158
Original post by rg13
Thats true. I wonder how long before we hear anything. I heard it can take as long as end of Jan and that's just to get an interview :frown:

I thought we could expect to hear in about 6 weeks... I'm sure they interview in Jan.

Are you applying anywhere else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I emailed the department they said they had a short time to short list people and invite them to interview so think we find out just before Xmas x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest