The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What's WCHS? I go to a private school now but in the country where I live there aren't any state schools or any welfare state at all as such. But no taxes either. But anyways wherever your parents work their office or whatever usually covers school fees. It's the same for everyone I know. No clue why it's just how it works. There's only like two British schools in the country so there's not exactly much choice over the matter. My parents said if don't get a scholarship I can still go cause it's only two years and it'll be worth it if I get good a levels and go to a good university and all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also I completed my math gcse so I'm prepared for math but I'm scared about physics and chem but fingers crossed and hopefully I'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Thank you! :smile:
That's on my list.
But, I heard WCHS wasn't that great simply because the teaching is mostly independent, the teachers don't really put that much of an input.

Oh okay. I see.
Original post by the-anonymous-me
What's WCHS? I go to a private school now but in the country where I live there aren't any state schools or any welfare state at all as such. But no taxes either. But anyways wherever your parents work their office or whatever usually covers school fees. It's the same for everyone I know. No clue why it's just how it works. There's only like two British schools in the country so there's not exactly much choice over the matter. My parents said if don't get a scholarship I can still go cause it's only two years and it'll be worth it if I get good a levels and go to a good university and all

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's true.
WCHS is a grammer school for girls.
It's actually very good and very tough to get in.
MY dream is to go to one of the top universities or russel group universities like Oxford, Cambridge, Queens, Kings, imperial! :biggrin:
There are actually so many sixth-forms out there which get you in straight away.
Original post by Galileo Galilei
Oh okay. I see.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude.
I just heard that it's like that.
Also I completed my math gcse so I'm prepared for math but I'm scared about physics and chem but fingers crossed and hopefully I'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow! That's really good.
I still need to complete 40% of my maths GCSE.
Chemistry is finished.
And it's just biology and physics to go!
As well as my other subjects.
Original post by Bloom77
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude.
I just heard that it's like that.

LOL, I don't go to WCHS, and it wasn't rude haha
Original post by Bloom77
That's true.
WCHS is a grammer school for girls.
It's actually very good and very tough to get in.
MY dream is to go to one of the top universities or russel group universities like Oxford, Cambridge, Queens, Kings, imperial! :biggrin:
There are actually so many sixth-forms out there which get you in straight away.

Wow those are my dream universities too
Wait....is WCHS woodford county I'm applying there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Wow! That's really good.
I still need to complete 40% of my maths GCSE.
Chemistry is finished.
And it's just biology and physics to go!
As well as my other subjects.

Wow you must be really smart. I'm really scared about my chem gcse

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow you must be really smart. I'm really scared about my chem gcse

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha, not really.
I guess I know stuff, but not smart.
There are people in this world who are amazingly smart.
I don't think I'm going to pass anyway. :frown:
I'll just give it a go.
Also, you know when you sent in your subjects form for forest, did you get a reply.
thanks. :smile:
Wow those are my dream universities too
Wait....is WCHS woodford county I'm applying there

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg! really! cool! :biggrin:
Yeah, it is..:smile:
Imagine we meet up with each other, that would be so cool!
Original post by Bloom77
haha, not really.
I guess I know stuff, but not smart.
There are people in this world who are amazingly smart.
I don't think I'm going to pass anyway. :frown:
I'll just give it a go.
Also, you know when you sent in your subjects form for forest, did you get a reply.
thanks. :smile:

I got a default reply saying that the headmistress was away and could you please wait till (some date can't remember) for your reply. Same with Bancrofts when I emailed them my schools contact details for the references

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
:smile:
Heyyy,
I'm applying to Forest, not bancrofts. :frown:
Simply, because I'm going chessington on the day of the Bancrofts exam. :frown:

or there's The London Academy of Excellence - which has a strong partnership with Forest school.
Original post by CurtisDean
or there's The London Academy of Excellence - which has a strong partnership with Forest school.

Never heard of it but then again I've barely heard of anything in England

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CurtisDean

Yeah, but it's because it's new, so I'm not sure yet.

thanks though.
Hey, how was the bancroft exam?
Original post by Bloom77
Hey, how was the bancroft exam?

I don't know. Some parts were good. Some were bad. Math was better than physics. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know. Some parts were good. Some were bad. Math was better than physics. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, I didn't go. I didn't sign up for Bancrofts because I had to go somewhere. Doing Forest instead. Excited.
Original post by Bloom77
Oh, I didn't go. I didn't sign up for Bancrofts because I had to go somewhere. Doing Forest instead. Excited.

Did you go to the open day today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you go to the open day today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No sadly, what about you?

Latest