University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by aallen
Just English Lit here! SO EXCITED! :biggrin:

Good luck! :smile: it's the only course I've applied to that's history and English lit, not just "English" as a whole, which is exciting :smile: haven't studied English language since GCSE, so the Birmingham course suits me better :smile: :tongue:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 241
Original post by evie2014
Good luck! :smile: it's the only course I've applied to that's history and English lit, not just "English" as a whole, which is exciting :smile: haven't studied English language since GCSE, so the Birmingham course suits me better :smile: :tongue:

Thank you very much! Likewise, I haven't done it since GCSE but trust it'll be heavily on the literature side of things. I was dabbling in the idea of combining it with classics then decided against it - I also would of done English and History combined had I done History at A-level. My biggest regret.
Where have you applied? I've applied to Birmingham, Cardiff, Surrey, Keele (back up) and Aberystwyth (back up).
Reply 242
Original post by LeJennifleur
Just got a conditional offer from Birmingham for Psychology, my fourth offer in a fortnight! So happy! :biggrin:

I applied for psychology at Birmingham as well. When did you send off your ucas ?
Reply 243
Original post by aallen
Thank you very much! Likewise, I haven't done it since GCSE but trust it'll be heavily on the literature side of things. I was dabbling in the idea of combining it with classics then decided against it - I also would of done English and History combined had I done History at A-level. My biggest regret.
Where have you applied? I've applied to Birmingham, Cardiff, Surrey, Keele (back up) and Aberystwyth (back up).

:smile: Yes, I did enjoy English Language, but don't feel I remember much of it haha! I love history, prefer it to English, but I think doing them both will be really useful, especially as I think I want to teach both subjects :smile: I've applied to Birmingham, Keele (also my back up), Loughborough, Nottingham and York :smile: If I just get one place I'll be happy!! :P I'm doing an AQA English Lit course atm, doing Gothic literature, so I wrote about Wuthering Heights in my personal statement, and spoke about Elizabeth I for the history part :smile: x :biggrin:
Original post by music231
I applied for psychology at Birmingham as well. When did you send off your ucas ?

They received my application on the 11th, so it took 18 days :smile:
Anyone received offers for Geography?:smile: I wonder how long it will take them to make a decision. :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aishamarie
Applied for Philosophy two weeks ago - visited on sat as I hadn't been before applying and absolutely LOVED it!
Got offers from Manchester and Leeds so far but am hoping for an offer from B'Ham :smile:

Any other philo apps?

Hi! I'm applying for Philosophy too! I absolutely loved Birmingham too and I've also applied to Manchester (but for Phil + Anthro combined). Ahh I'm so jealous of your offers, I don't think my college have sent my UCAS off yet...
Original post by RunningInHeels
Hi! I'm applying for Philosophy too! I absolutely loved Birmingham too and I've also applied to Manchester (but for Phil + Anthro combined). Ahh I'm so jealous of your offers, I don't think my college have sent my UCAS off yet...

Ah that's so cool! Where else have you applied?

Oo not to worry my school's only really sent off ucas forms of those applying for courses by oct 15th - there weren't many but they literally channeled all of their energy into them and wouldn't look at anyone else's until after that deadline:tongue:
Anyone heard anything for Economics?
Original post by aishamarie
Ah that's so cool! Where else have you applied?

Oo not to worry my school's only really sent off ucas forms of those applying for courses by oct 15th - there weren't many but they literally channeled all of their energy into them and wouldn't look at anyone else's until after that deadline:tongue:

Lucky you for being in that original group! It took me forever to get my personal statement right and even so I still don't feel like it was amazing compared to some of the ones I've read. I just feel like we're up against some extremely intellectual individuals.
I've applied to Kings, Heythrop, Manchester and Birmingham (twice haha because I already live here). Also I'm applying for philosophy, religion and ethics which has a significantly smaller intake so I'm really worried.

What are your predicted grades like? Mine are AAB but I fear that that might not be enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
just got an offer from Birmingham today for Geology!! so chuffed. :biggrin:
Reply 251
Original post by FlyHigh_er
just got an offer from Birmingham today for Geology!! so chuffed. :biggrin:

Well done! when did you send of your UCAS? I have applied for Geography but not sure how long they are taking...
Original post by ljb.95
Well done! when did you send of your UCAS? I have applied for Geography but not sure how long they are taking...

thanks, on the 23rd of October. I'm not sure if we're in the same department though. has anyone else got an offer?
Reply 253
Original post by FlyHigh_er
thanks, on the 23rd of October. I'm not sure if we're in the same department though. has anyone else got an offer?

I haven't come across anybody else yet but i only sent mine off on the 29th, I thought they may have been in the same department as you can do geography & geology!
Original post by evie2014
Anyone applied for history and English Literature? :smile: Sent my application off a week ago :eek:

I did, sent mine off on 7th October. Still have 0/5 offers :frown:
Reply 255
Original post by orangeKUBRICK
I did, sent mine off on 7th October. Still have 0/5 offers :frown:

:smile: I sent mine off on 21st October, received my first offer yesterday from Loughborough :smile: I suppose it just depends on each uni though :s-smilie:
Reply 256
Received an invite for an interview for Chemical Engineering on the 22nd of Jan. Anyone else going on that date? Btw for those that have already been to the interviews for Birmingham, whats it like? :smile:
Original post by RunningInHeels
Lucky you for being in that original group! It took me forever to get my personal statement right and even so I still don't feel like it was amazing compared to some of the ones I've read. I just feel like we're up against some extremely intellectual individuals.
I've applied to Kings, Heythrop, Manchester and Birmingham (twice haha because I already live here). Also I'm applying for philosophy, religion and ethics which has a significantly smaller intake so I'm really worried.

What are your predicted grades like? Mine are AAB but I fear that that might not be enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah me too! I wrote my first draft in a day and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread... it was pretty ****:colone::colondollar:
Defo! But lots of people who apply for Philosophy have never done it before so at least we've got the advantage of having done so (if there is any haha)

Ahh wicked! What part of Birmingham do you live in(if you don't mind me asking)? My mom lived in Selly Oak at one point and went to Swanshurst...back when it was a grammar school way back in the day LOL

Nahh don't worry, if they want AAB and you're predicted AAB they've no reason to reject you! :biggrin:
I'm predicted A*AA;

Have you heard back from any of your unis yet?
Anyone else got interviews here for Medicine this month? D:
Reply 259
I've applied for Accounting and Finance and heard nothing yet.. has anyone else applied for this course heard anything? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending