The Student Room Group

Sterling Cigarettes or Mayfair Cigarettes?

So I just want to know your opinions on which cigarette company is better: Sterling or Mayfair?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

They both give you cancer, don't know how you can distinguish which one is better at doing that.
Ironic that you've put this in health. Smoking is bad for you, regardless of the brand.

If you're asking which is better, thats like asking whether cadbury or galaxy chocolate is better. Its down to opinion and personal tastes.

If this is basically down to a form of brand snobbery, and you are smoking as a fashion statement, then that is, frankly, pathetic.
Im fine settling with Mayfair, dont care if they kill me. Havent got the will power to stop.
Original post by LiamMcMorrow
Im fine settling with Mayfair, dont care if they kill me. Havent got the will power to stop.

You would not be saying that if you walked through a ward full of hospital patients suffering respiratory problems.
Reply 5
Original post by pinda.college
You would not be saying that if you walked through a ward full of hospital patients suffering respiratory problems.

The list of smoking problems is massive. Lung cancer/COPD is just the tip of the iceberg.

Every cigarette you take is one step closer to an untimely death.

Doesnt bother me that I smoke, Ive tried stopping but cant and Im not going to stress out over it. I would stop if I could but not going to cry about it.
Doesnt bother me that I smoke, Ive tried stopping but cant and Im not going to stress out over it. I would stop if I could but not going to cry about it.

Cool, it's your life you're risking not mine.
Cool, it's your life you're risking not mine.

Yeah I know, and I will continue to do so
lol ****ing hell non smokers are the biggest douches in the world at times :rolleyes:. relax guys, same responses every time, smokers know it can cause cancer and a plethora of other health issues.

Do you still want to quit?

BTW OP, I'd have picked Mayfair over Sterling.
Original post by Wilfred Little
lol ****ing hell non smokers are the biggest douches in the world at times :rolleyes:. relax guys, same responses every time, smokers know it can cause cancer and a plethora of other health issues.

Do you still want to quit?

BTW OP, I'd have picked Mayfair over Sterling.

I would like to cut down haha. I smoke way to much for a 16year old.

Its not that you can't stop, its that you don't want to deal with the withdrawal. Your will to stop is weaker than your addiction.

Have you considered e cigs? even if you only cut down, it would be better for your health.
Reply 13
Smoking is good for you, everyone should do it. People who don't smoke are boring dumbasses who think they are so great.

OP, I would choose both since smoking is the most wonderful thing in the world.
Original post by thoyub
Smoking is good for you, everyone should do it. People who don't smoke are boring dumbasses who think they are so great.

OP, I would choose both since smoking is the most wonderful thing in the world.

I thought you didn't like smoking/ people who smoked
Reply 15
Original post by pink pineapple
I thought you didn't like smoking/ people who smoked
My latest piece of sarcasm and a parody of some people's attitudes on here.
Thanks for the people who actually answered my question. Also I know that smoking isn't good so you don't have to give me useless replies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I smoke Mayfair daily but I've never actually had Sterling. I guess I'd choose Mayfair just because they're what I'm used to.
Original post by Save.Me
I smoke Mayfair daily but I've never actually had Sterling. I guess I'd choose Mayfair just because they're what I'm used to.

I see. I haven't tried Mayfair yet but I'll try them and thanks for your reply :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
both are pretty crappy.

try lucky strike or camel :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest