The Student Room Group

Summer Camp in America 2014?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by smudge_moon
Hey! I've been placed at the International Gymnastics Camp :smile: Just as a recreational counselor :smile:

That's good! Is a recreational counselor like a general counselor? Where in america is it based? I really hope I get placed, I've got my hopes up so badly that if I don't get placed I'll be miserable all summer loll x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fabay
That's good! Is a recreational counselor like a general counselor? Where in america is it based? I really hope I get placed, I've got my hopes up so badly that if I don't get placed I'll be miserable all summer loll x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty much, its a gymnastics based camp, so I'll be doing activities that don't involve me being upside down :P It's in PA :smile: I'm so excited!!
hi,

I am Thomas and i am new to this forum
Original post by ThomasBrian
hi,

I am Thomas and i am new to this forum

welcome
Reply 144
Hey everyone I applied through CCUSA last year and they are the best option and happen to be the cheapest out there as well I loved it so much that I now work for CCUSA so if you have any questions just send me a direct message. :smile:
Reply 145
Original post by roseyrie
Hey everyone I applied through CCUSA last year and they are the best option and happen to be the cheapest out there as well I loved it so much that I now work for CCUSA so if you have any questions just send me a direct message. :smile:

work for them doing what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 146
interviewing people to come to camp
I am very willing to attend camps for the vacations.If any upcoming camp is organised please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Hey guys,

I've been with Camp America for the past 2 summers now and am planning my 3rd summer with them!!! Provided I pass all my exams!! :biggrin:
When I was first applying I wasn't sure who to go with either, so I typed in "america summer camps" into Google and Camp America was the first link that came up, so I figured that they must be doing something right to be the first link on Google!!

Yeah, they are a bit more expensive than other companies, but that is because they take care of you really well, understand that working in America for the first time is pretty nerve wracking and they all love camp themselves as they've all been there!!

So that was pretty long-winded but hopefully it's convinced you to go down the CA route!! They're absolutely class before you flight out, when you come home and then if you stick with them it gets even better!! I hope you go with CA, but whatever organisation you choose to go with I hope you have an absolute blast this summer!!

If you've got any questions about any CA stuff, feel free to send me a wee message!! :biggrin:
Reply 149
Can someone help me with the police check?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I'm looking at american summer camp companies at the moment, (everyone seems to recommend different ones, but comparison websites are quite helpful) just one thing though that I was wondering if any of you guys could help out with, the first one I found was called "USA Summer Camp" it has come up first on all my google searches, but nobody anywhere seems to be talking about it. Like nobody saying they've used it or any comparison things talking about it.
If someone has any idea whats going on or where I'm getting confused or something please could you let me know :smile:

Thanks x
Original post by Honest_Cretan
Hey I'm looking at american summer camp companies at the moment, (everyone seems to recommend different ones, but comparison websites are quite helpful) just one thing though that I was wondering if any of you guys could help out with, the first one I found was called "USA Summer Camp" it has come up first on all my google searches, but nobody anywhere seems to be talking about it. Like nobody saying they've used it or any comparison things talking about it.
If someone has any idea whats going on or where I'm getting confused or something please could you let me know :smile:

Thanks x

It looks like its a legitimate recruitment agency, but can't say I've ever actually heard of it or heard from anyone who's used them!!! You're probably better going with one of the more well known ones!! Hope that helps!!
I've started working on my Americamp video today, and it seems a bit daunting getting it all done right, but I'll give it a go anyway as best as I can and hopefully have it done and submitted by tomorrow. I can always get feedback from the agency if necessary, and then hopefully my application gets moving along quite smoothly :smile:
Reply 153
Just got placed today!

Blue Ridge Camp in Georgia, it's going to be epic! I'm half lifeguard, half drum instructor, it's a weird combo but I don't care! So excited now :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 154
Hi everyone,

my names Joe and I have been placed at a Camp in PA. I'll be on the adventure program and I can't wait.

I applied with Camp Leaders and I would totally reccomend them, they phone you to see how you are doing with your application (they called me two days after starting my application) and when I'd filled in the required documents they phoned me and I had my phone interview there and then, they are really good in helping you and I was placed in three weeks from creating an account.

GO WITH CAMP LEADERS, its not that expensive either because if you follow the steps and get your application filled in and references completed you can get discounts, I've already got £100 off because I've completed my application before the 31st December and I paid all the costs.
How's it going guys? Camp is the best thing in the world:smile:
Reply 156
Hey guys, does anyone know whether there is a deadline for applying to camp america, as i am still trying to decide whether i want to go. A bit nervous of being away from home for so long!!
Original post by loulou0
Hey guys, does anyone know whether there is a deadline for applying to camp america, as i am still trying to decide whether i want to go. A bit nervous of being away from home for so long!!

It's around march :smile:
Has anyone ever worked in a girls scout camp where are all the staff are female?? I'm on review for one and not completely convinced ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got placed today at a camp in New Jersey through americamp so excited!! anyone else been placed?

Quick Reply

Latest