The Student Room Group

The TSR Tamil Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
Original post by tamil4
oh really? that sucks, do you want to go there?

Yeah :frown: Ticket costs and getting holidays from parents job etc is kind of hard. Oh well!
Original post by Tackla
Yeah :frown: Ticket costs and getting holidays from parents job etc is kind of hard. Oh well!

thats really sad, and yeah tickets do cost a fortune! hopefully you'll be able to go soon! :smile:
Hey guys, just wondering, when are you celebrating Deepavali? Because it is a public holiday on the 2nd of Nov in Tamil Nadu, Sri Lanka, Malaysia and Singapore, but I thought it was on the 3rd?
Original post by nerdyninja
Hey guys, just wondering, when are you celebrating Deepavali? Because it is a public holiday on the 2nd of Nov in Tamil Nadu, Sri Lanka, Malaysia and Singapore, but I thought it was on the 3rd?

Edit: I was wondering the same thing. Hmmm.

Seems that deepavali is on the 2nd and Diwali on the 3rd. Lol. What's the difference between those two??
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TheKingOfTSR

Seems that deepavali is on the 2nd and Diwali on the 3rd. Lol. What's the difference between those two??

They're the same thing, just that it's called Deepavali in southern India while it's called Diwali in the North. It's weird it's celebrated on two different days though? Usually it's not :confused:
Oh well, I think I'll just be celebrating it on the 3rd since thats what it says on wiki :colondollar:
Original post by TheKingOfTSR

Original post by nerdyninja
They're the same thing, just that it's called Deepavali in southern India while it's called Diwali in the North. It's weird it's celebrated on two different days though? Usually it's not :confused:
Oh well, I think I'll just be celebrating it on the 3rd since thats what it says on wiki :colondollar:

We're celebrating it today
Reply 1206
I'm celebrating it today!

Happy deepavali! :smile:
Reply 1207
Hope everyone had an amazing Diwali! (now is when the homesickness starts to kick in)
Reply 1208
Original post by aeon28
Hope everyone had an amazing Diwali! (now is when the homesickness starts to kick in)

Why are you homesick? Are you at uni?
Reply 1209
Original post by senz72
Why are you homesick? Are you at uni?

Nah, I'm just overly attached to my family in India :redface:
By Tamils, was the OP referring to Sri Lankan Tamils or Indian Tamils, or both? 😶 (Not a Tamilian here, but....just out of curiosity)...(:

Sent from my iPhone
Reply 1211
Original post by Sidhant Shivram
By Tamils, was the OP referring to Sri Lankan Tamils or Indian Tamils, or both? 😶 (Not a Tamilian here, but....just out of curiosity)...(:

Sent from my iPhone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Both. :smile:
hey, I never knew you guys had a thread, anyways I'm not Tamil but I'm from Kerala (your neighbour).....I just came to say hi :smile:
Original post by chocolatesauce
hey, I never knew you guys had a thread, anyways I'm not Tamil but I'm from Kerala (your neighbour).....I just came to say hi :smile:

Hey! Mallus are awesome :wink: I'm totally going through a Malayalam movies phase atm XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tamil4
Hey! Mallus are awesome :wink: I'm totally going through a Malayalam movies phase atm XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

same, I love Tamil movies sooooo much! I can understand it but I can speak a little bit too....
Reply 1215

Hi!

Anyone's welcome! :smile:

The thread's on a bit of an extended holiday at the moment, as you can very much tell.
Original post by senz72
Hi!

Anyone's welcome! :smile:

The thread's on a bit of an extended holiday at the moment, as you can very much tell.

lol ok, I shall try my best to liven it up then :smile:
Reply 1217
lol ok, I shall try my best to liven it up then :smile:

Thanks thalaivaa! :wink:
same, I love Tamil movies sooooo much! I can understand it but I can speak a little bit too....

Haha who doesn't?!thats really cool that a lot of mallus understand tamil really well. tamil and Malayalam do sound fairly similar tbh. I can just about watch Malayala films without subs lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1219
Anyone know any good Tamil films to watch?

Uni's really boring me.

I'm not really into dark films nor films with a lot of fights in them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending