The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Kat91625
Pretty much given up on getting a place here cuz as I've realised I've only scored 55 (28 academics) and (27 in UKCAT). I have 6A*s but don't have then in the right subjects and I blame verbal reasoning for my low UKCAT score :/ such a shame seeing as leicester was my favourite - but good luck to all you guys :smile: xx

Sorry to hear that Kat :frown:. Thanks for the well wishes though and good luck with your other choices. As I am constantly reminded; you only need 1 shot! :biggrin:
Reply 581
Original post by k1rby
Done and good luck! :smile:

Hi K1rby,

Would you please add me to the crew list also?

Thanks x
(edited 10 years ago)
Pretty much given up on getting a place here cuz as I've realised I've only scored 55 (28 academics) and (27 in UKCAT). I have 6A*s but don't have then in the right subjects and I blame verbal reasoning for my low UKCAT score :/ such a shame seeing as leicester was my favourite - but good luck to all you guys :smile: xx

Don't rule yourself out yet! If you don't meet the automatic cut off they look at your PS etc and give more interviews :smile:
If your PS is great then you could still be in for a shot!
Reply 583
Original post by Alumno
Sorry to hear that Kat :frown:. Thanks for the well wishes though and good luck with your other choices. As I am constantly reminded; you only need 1 shot! :biggrin:

Yh I've applied to Keele and Sheffield also who are more personal statement heavy so I'm hoping that will work more in my favour :smile: x
Reply 584
Original post by g.k.galloway
Don't rule yourself out yet! If you don't meet the automatic cut off they look at your PS etc and give more interviews :smile:
If your PS is great then you could still be in for a shot!

Thank you - this cheered me up a little - I've applied to Sheffield and Keele as well who are more personal statement heavy as I believe this is my strength so I have more hope there :smile: Where else have you applied?
Thank you - this cheered me up a little - I've applied to Sheffield and Keele as well who are more personal statement heavy as I believe this is my strength so I have more hope there :smile: Where else have you applied?

You applied to the same 3 I did :eek: what was your fourth?
Reply 586
Yh I've applied to Keele and Sheffield also who are more personal statement heavy so I'm hoping that will work more in my favour :smile: x

Keele sounds brilliant. I have a friend that got a 2.2 in his degree, 550 in his UKCAT and started there this September. I read his personal statement and it was an absolute killer.

He's loving it, I keep bugging him for updates and he's very happy - he says that all the staff are very friendly and really seem invested in helping you to succeed.
Reply 587
Original post by mynameisntbobk
You applied to the same 3 I did :eek: what was your fourth?
Leeds
Reply 588
Original post by Alumno
Keele sounds brilliant. I have a friend that got a 2.2 in his degree, 550 in his UKCAT and started there this September. I read his personal statement and it was an absolute killer.

He's loving it, I keep bugging him for updates and he's very happy - he says that all the staff are very friendly and really seem invested in helping you to succeed.

Aww I'm glad - I really liked Keele as well - its just a lot further for me to go.

I'm glad :smile:
That sounds good then - if it's one of your strengths then Leicester is most certainly still in the running for you!
I applied to Imperial, HYMS, Newcastle and Leicester :smile:
Leeds

I applied to Leeds as well, then I changed it last minute on track to St Georges. That's well weird!
Reply 591
I applied to Leeds as well, then I changed it last minute on track to St Georges. That's well weird!

Haha totally in sync! :P
Haha totally in sync! :P

We must have had very similar stats then :tongue:
Reply 593
Hi, i was just wondering if anyone has got interviews yet, i'm really anxious to get one because i really liked leicester. I score 58/60 using the criteria :smile:
Reply 594
Original post by adersh96
Hi, i was just wondering if anyone has got interviews yet, i'm really anxious to get one because i really liked leicester. I score 58/60 using the criteria :smile:

Same. Lets keep our finger's crossed :lep:
Reply 595
We must have had very similar stats then :tongue:
GCSE: 6A*, 5A, 1C. AS: AABB A Level Predictions: A*AA
GCSE: 6A*, 5A, 1C. AS: AABB A Level Predictions: A*AA

Not quite actually. GCSE: 4A*, 3A, 1B. AS: AAAA. Predicted A*A*AA. I still find that so weird though
Reply 597
Does anyone know how long we get between invitation for interview and the interview itself?
Do they rank the applicants and then interview the 60/60 first and so on? :smile:
Original post by Parvathi_x
Do they rank the applicants and then interview the 60/60 first and so on? :smile:

As far as I know they will score everyone and then decide a cut off score e.g. 57. They will get interviews... Don't know quite how they allocate the interviews from then on but it's never been said (afaik) that they work down the scores in order

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending