The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6300
Hello everyone,

I'm starting to think about going to university but there is just so much to consider. can anyone help me?? what has influenced you when picking a university?

I feels like a massive task and I am feeling overwhelmed by it all.

Hope you can help me
Reply 6301
Original post by JMS85
Hello everyone,

I'm starting to think about going to university but there is just so much to consider. can anyone help me?? what has influenced you when picking a university?

Hope you can help me

Hi, welcome to :tsr2:

Some information might help like what course do you want to do? What were your GCSE/ AS grades? Do you want to live close to or far away from home (like do you want to go to uni in the north or south)? What are you predicted at A2?
Reply 6302
Original post by usycool1
Oh, speaking of the Biology olympiad, I think the maths challenge is next week too...a day after the BMAT IIRC :colonhash:

Good luck!

I have heard of the Maths challenge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6303
Original post by adi19956
Hi, welcome to :tsr2:

Some information might help like what course do you want to do? What were your GCSE/ AS grades? Do you want to live close to or far away from home (like do you want to go to uni in the north or south)? What are you predicted at A2?

I think I want to do marketing.

Are you in uni?
Reply 6304
Original post by JMS85
I think I want to do marketing.

Are you in uni?

I'm in year 13 or Upper VI as call it at my school, as per the thread.

Without much information it'd be hard to help you, but you can view a list of universities that do a course in marketing/ related to it on the Complete University Guide or on Unistats, but obviously they all have different grade requirements etc so a little more info would help :smile:
has any1 got good f214 note or atleast photosynthesis and respiration??? getting desperate now :frown:
Finished my LNAT now. I'm relieved to have it out of the way, but a bit disconcerted by the fact I've got no frigging clue how well I've done. The scores aren't released until February, and the MCQ answers are all so similar it's difficult to tell whether you've got the right answer.
Original post by Endless Blue
Finished my LNAT now. I'm relieved to have it out of the way, but a bit disconcerted by the fact I've got no frigging clue how well I've done. The scores aren't released until February, and the MCQ answers are all so similar it's difficult to tell whether you've got the right answer.

Well done :woo: At least it's out the way and one thing less to worry about! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JMS85
Hello everyone,

Hope you can help me

I would advise you to decide on a course, think about the kind of grades you are expecting to get and then look up some Universities with that course who ask for those grades. Make a list and go and see a few of them, try to decide whether or not you'd want to spend 3+ years there.

There is a bit of variety for Universities, but I think the experience (collecting a huge number of 18-21 year olds who don't really know what they are doing and giving them freedom) is largely the same wherever you go. It may be that you have a particular hobby or interest you want to pursue - some Universities may support that better than others. You may want to go for a city-based Uni or somewhere more isolated/ out of the way. You may want to be far or close to where you live now. It's really down to you.
have been rather absent from the threads for a few months but now I'm waiting for university offers I couldn't stay away...
Original post by usycool1
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me. :h:

(so late on the bandwagon)

Music (I think I'm the only one here.. o.O)
AS: Music, Spanish, English Lit, French (4 As respectively)
A2: French (A achieved), Music, Spanish, English Lit (predicted A*A*A respectively)
Applied to: Oxford, Durham, KCL, Birmingham, Bristol.
Reply 6311
Original post by elliebray
(so late on the bandwagon)

Music (I think I'm the only one here.. o.O)
AS: Music, Spanish, English Lit, French (4 As respectively)
A2: French (A achieved), Music, Spanish, English Lit (predicted A*A*A respectively)
Applied to: Oxford, Durham, KCL, Birmingham, Bristol.

Wow :eek:. I never though I would see anyone go for music
College?
Original post by Prinz655
Wow :eek:. I never though I would see anyone go for music
College?

I couldn't ever apply for anything else :3
Queen's - what are you applying for/where?
Reply 6313
Hey guys was just doing some questions on Alternating current. Got all the questions right except from one part in the question. This was the full question

4) A 12V, 48W lamp light at its normal brightness when it is connected to a source of alternating pd

a)i Calculate the rms current through it
ii) Calculate the peak current through it
iii) Calculate the peak pd across it

b)i The cable connecting the lamp to the source has a resistance of 0.5(Ohm)

Show that the rms pd across the cable is 2.0V when the lamp is on.

ii) Calculate the peak pd of the source when the lamp is on

I dont understand bii)

What I tried doing was 2 = Peak / Root2 therefore Peak = 2.83V

This is incorrect. Any help will be appreciated, Thanks in advance !

AS Guy btw but the Physics thread is dead atm
Reply 6314
Original post by AhmedDavid
Hey guys was just doing some questions on Alternating current. Got all the questions right except from one part in the question. This was the full question

4) A 12V, 48W lamp light at its normal brightness when it is connected to a source of alternating pd

a)i Calculate the rms current through it
ii) Calculate the peak current through it
iii) Calculate the peak pd across it

b)i The cable connecting the lamp to the source has a resistance of 0.5(Ohm)

Show that the rms pd across the cable is 2.0V when the lamp is on.

ii) Calculate the peak pd of the source when the lamp is on

I dont understand bii)

What I tried doing was 2 = Peak / Root2 therefore Peak = 2.83V

This is incorrect. Any help will be appreciated, Thanks in advance !

AS Guy btw but the Physics thread is dead atm

what is the answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
hey peeps

What does y=e^2x-e^x look like

Reply 6316
Parents want me to revise. I don't know how to. Anyone got any advice? Also are there any good online videos which help with A2 Chemistry and A2 Physics thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by g.k.galloway
hey peeps

What does y=e^2x-e^x look like

y = e^x(e^x - 1)

So, where does it cross the x and y axis?

And as it tends to infinity and -infinity?
Reply 6318
Original post by Qari
what is the answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The answer in the book is 19.8V
Original post by L'Evil Fish
y = e^x(e^x - 1)

So, where does it cross the x and y axis?

And as it tends to infinity and -infinity?

I've got the basic shape but am I right in thinking it has a little dip as it moves towards the y-axis from the negative direction?

Latest