The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Haven't received confirmation of receipt of application since sending off on the 14th. Will be calling tomorrow; nothing to lose really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Hugby1
Haven't received confirmation of receipt of application since sending off on the 14th. Will be calling tomorrow; nothing to lose really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me neither and I sent off my application on the 14th too.
I ordered a prospectus at the end of September and I haven't received one yet either..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 262
Original post by itsmagic
Me neither and I sent off my application on the 14th too.
I ordered a prospectus at the end of September and I haven't received one yet either..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Called them. They have it. I you call them, they will set up a portal acout for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hugby1
Called them. They have it. I you call them, they will set up a portal acout for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Called them - all sorted :smile: thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 264
Has anyone gotten called for an interview yet??

I heard King's interviews post-grads and those on a gap year first (in November) and I'm anxiously waiting :biggrin:
Reply 265
does anyone know exacty when tey get the ukcat? I read from last year's thread that kings gave out interviews even before the ukcat resulta being handed out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 266
Original post by iacovos
does anyone know exacty when tey get the ukcat? I read from last year's thread that kings gave out interviews even before the ukcat resulta being handed out

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm dying to know too!!!!
According to this: https://twitter.com/UKCATest

UKCAT will be delivered by the end of next week!! Although it's strange because King's traditionally send out some interview offers before they even get the UKCAT. Maybe they aren't doing that this year?

Original post by franngu
I'm dying to know too!!!!

Original post by iacovos

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 268
Original post by Cephalosporin
According to this: https://twitter.com/UKCATest

UKCAT will be delivered by the end of next week!! Although it's strange because King's traditionally send out some interview offers before they even get the UKCAT. Maybe they aren't doing that this year?

Oh I really hope they're still doing that this year!!!!

Thanks for the update about the UKCAT scores though :smile:
Reply 269
i got into a car accident yesterday and totaled my mercedes :frown:

LOL oh well

anyone know when rejections for King's go out?
Reply 270
Original post by pkozman
i got into a car accident yesterday and totaled my mercedes :frown:

LOL oh well

anyone know when rejections for King's go out?

:eek: Hope you're okay. Why so pessimistic? Looking at last years stalking page - around early december
Reply 271
Hello. I'm currently in year 12, looking to apply for emdp kings. I'm doing chem bio sociology rs. If I get AAAA will I have a good chance along with above average ukcat. Anyone here not doing maths or physics like me? I'm worried that my subjects may drag me down.
Reply 272
Original post by KanKan
:eek: Hope you're okay. Why so pessimistic? Looking at last years stalking page - around early december

ahah im alright, thanks.

And I'm just preparing for the worst. As an international applicant there's more than a 10:1 applicant to offer ratio, and I hope my 755 will hold up but it's questionable.
Original post by Jemzbee
Hello. I'm currently in year 12, looking to apply for emdp kings. I'm doing chem bio sociology rs. If I get AAAA will I have a good chance along with above average ukcat. Anyone here not doing maths or physics like me? I'm worried that my subjects may drag me down.

Hey - don't worry at all about not having three sciences, it's not a problem at all (unless you apply to Imperial or Cambridge - I think these are the only two which require maths/physics as well). For King's, as long as you do Bio and Chem you're good to go, and will be considered in the same way as someone with more sciences :smile:
Reply 274
Hi,

Would not having a science background work against my application for Grad Entry at Kings?

Also, when do grads normally hear back for interviews? Not sure whether they are held at the same time as those applying for undergrad med.

Thank you,

M
Original post by pkozman
ahah im alright, thanks.

And I'm just preparing for the worst. As an international applicant there's more than a 10:1 applicant to offer ratio, and I hope my 755 will hold up but it's questionable.

10:1... You are joking.
P.S I'm international too! Hi :smile:
Reply 276
Original post by lovelycup7
Hey - don't worry at all about not having three sciences, it's not a problem at all (unless you apply to Imperial or Cambridge - I think these are the only two which require maths/physics as well). For King's, as long as you do Bio and Chem you're good to go, and will be considered in the same way as someone with more sciences :smile:

Yeah, The King's Admission officer told me the same, but I feel they may give a student doing triple science maths an edge, unofficially... but I guess you're right
guys do u think 717.5 is ok for interview? i have pretty good A level equivalents (i'm international)
Reply 278
Original post by Cephalosporin
10:1... You are joking.
P.S I'm international too! Hi :smile:

Haha I kid you not. It varies from year to year, for 2013 entry there were 552 applicants, and 44 offers were sent out. However you need to keep in mind that all our qualifications, ukcat scores, etc, will play a smaller role if we get to interview stage. All I'm hoping for is an interview!

If you don't mind me asking, where are you applying from? :smile:
Reply 279
Original post by pkozman
Haha I kid you not. It varies from year to year, for 2013 entry there were 552 applicants, and 44 offers were sent out. However you need to keep in mind that all our qualifications, ukcat scores, etc, will play a smaller role if we get to interview stage. All I'm hoping for is an interview!

If you don't mind me asking, where are you applying from? :smile:

Wow... those are some pretty insane stats :eek:
All I'm hoping for is an interview too.
I'm international too btw :smile: so hi!
I'm applying from Singapore. I took the IB and am currently on a gap year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest