The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gracelich
Wooo, just got mine too!! Still super nervous though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aaaah still haven't got anything!! Getting really nervous now... :eek:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by norah_bellefleur
Aaaah still haven't got anything!! Getting really nervous now... :eek:

What have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 982
Original post by Yuqi96
Just wanted to share my experience with the emails:smile: I'm an international student from Australia and am applying for Government and Economics. I applied on the 13th of October, got my two weeks email on the 16th and my five weeks on the 25th. Admission Assessor in Katie Poulter. Anyone else in a similar boat?

I'm not international but I too am applying to Gov & Econ. Also got my 5 week on the 25th, having applied on the 15th and got my two week on the 24th
Hopefully this pace continues haha. Good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by gracelich
What have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for IR and the two-week mark was on Wednesday... :s-smilie:
Original post by norah_bellefleur
I applied for IR and the two-week mark was on Wednesday... :s-smilie:

I wouldn't worry too much. You will probably get your 5 week email next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 985
Just got my email for History!! :biggrin:
Original post by squid-

Yey! 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else applied for Politics and Philosophy? I'm a week into my 5 week email period, should get a reply by the end of November.
Just received my 5 week email for maths with economics 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theholonym
Anyone else applied for Politics and Philosophy? I'm a week into my 5 week email period, should get a reply by the end of November.

Have applied for P and P, but didn't receive the 5 week email or a rejection. (My "2 week" period ends today)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it's safe to say that when they say approximately 2 weeks on the email then it means just that - there are many people who waited beyond the 2 week mark.

now the next email which is the 5 week email, says it should take 'up to' 5 weeks so hope this means people will find out one way or the other before the 5 week mark.
Reply 991
Original post by squid-

i also got the 5 week email :biggrin::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Any 5 week emails for Phil and Econ?
Is there anyone else left who received the 2 week email on the 7th who hasn't heard from the maths department since then?
Hey guys, so basically had a lot of issues in high school and performed very poorly on the IB (32 with 6,6,5 HL) but have since went to university in the states and have been predicted a GPA of 3.9/4. Now LSE's website states that:

Please also note that SAT's are not sufficient for entry. Alternatively, applicants offering the first year of an undergraduate degree from a US university would be eligible to apply and the School would require an overall GPA of 3.2 (on a 4.0 scale) or above 4.0 (on a 5.0 scale) or a minimum of 80 per cent overall.

I was wondering if anyone knew what my chances of getting in are and how much they will weigh my high school grades. I've applied for BSc Management and IMO wrote quite a good Personal Statement.
Original post by thinkthings
I noticed you have posted something similar on the TSR LSE page and recall you have asked this same question previously. I think the reason you're not receiving very many responses is because you have a profile quite different from the typical applicant. That said, I do think LutherVan has given you a pretty good assessment. I'm not sure what other guesses or reassurances we could give you since various factors make guessing your chances (and anyone's chances for that matter) difficult. LSE does have exceedingly high personal statement standards so it is difficult to gauge how good your PS actually is.

I'm sure you have also seen LSE's requirements page and noted the different subjects and subject combinations they have mentioned with interest. Hopefully you are taking similar sorts of classes this semester. You make no mention of your GCSE grades; if they are mostly A*s and As, that would certainly help your profile. Since you have not yet completed your first semester of university, it is possible that your high school grades will still be given considerable weight. The calibre of the university you attend, as mentioned by LutherVan, may be considered. Unless there was a strong extenuating circumstance, your high GPA prediction may seem suspect in light of your relatively recent and poor high school performance. Perhaps they'll give you an offer conditional on achieving an equally high GPA in the second semester of your first year. Again, no one here knows, the best we can do is guess!

In the end, you did say that LSE encouraged your application, which obviously is a good thing. Your first semester GPA prediction far exceeds their minimum requirement and so the best you can do is submit an application and join the rest of us who are driving ourselves crazy with waiting for email updates from LSE :]

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I've asked around a couple of times but as you said my particular scenario is rather unique hence the lack of responses. PS is a rather subjective matter so I suppose it depends on the admissions committee for the management department. Absolutely, I'm taking 16 credits this semester while the recommended amount for freshman is 12/13 so hopefully that works out in my favor. I'm just hoping for any offer regardless of the condition as I'm hopeful I can achieve it. I sent off my application some time last week, so far only received the 2 weeks email, pretty nerve wrecking stuff this.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by thinkthings
No worries, I wish I could have been of further help. That's a lot of credits! I am sure that that and the high GPA prediction will make a stronger case for you. And indeed, it is very very nerve wracking :s-smilie: All the best with your application!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hope so! Same to you bro :smile: what course have you applied for?
Original post by bluebell_flames
Is there anyone else left who received the 2 week email on the 7th who hasn't heard from the maths department since then?

Are you still yet to receive your 5 week email? If I were you I might email them, considering you applied so much earlier than me (I applied 22nd Oct) and received the 2 week email on Tuesday and the 5 week email today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kingmango
Are you still yet to receive your 5 week email? If I were you I might email them, considering you applied so much earlier than me (I applied 22nd Oct) and received the 2 week email on Tuesday and the 5 week email today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said the same - I think she should definitely email them.
Original post by kingmango

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I still haven't had a response from them :frown:
Original post by josiejo1970
I said the same - I think she should definitely email them.

I will do so now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending