The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by excal9
cool thanks, so it sounds as if you only get invited if you're going to get an offer? (I'm off on the 12th) :biggrin:

For life sciences, 96% of last year's interviewees got an offer.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by rlt26
Sent my UCAS off on Friday, got an acknowledgement from Manchester on Monday.

Applied to: Cell Biology with 1 year industrial/research placement (4 years)
Typical offer: AAB-ABB

I'm predicted A*AB but I got ABC at AS... not sure whether if they consider me what my offer will be? Think I may need to be interviewed as well?

Anyone else applied to this course/heard from Manchester for similar courses?

I'm so impatient, my life revolves around me refreshing track at the moment!!! :tongue:

i know this is random, but we have the same AS and predicted grades. ive got an interview coming up. :tongue: applying for Geology, not really similar aside from the fact that they are sciences :biggrin:
Reply 322
Original post by FlyHigh_er
i know this is random, but we have the same AS and predicted grades. ive got an interview coming up. :tongue: applying for Geology, not really similar aside from the fact that they are sciences :biggrin:

Aaaah thats so good congrats!! This gives me some hope after all! What were your A, B and C in at AS? I got my A in bio, B in politics and C in chem... the C is a bit of a bummer :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 323
Offer for International Business, Economics and Finance
Original post by rlt26
Aaaah thats so good congrats!! This gives me some hope after all! What were your A, B and C in at AS? I got my A in bio, B in politics and C in chem... the C is a bit of a bummer :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

A in maths, B in economics and C in chemistry as well. same, a bummer! i actually thought i had done better. i actually got a B in biology as well, but i dropped it. where else did you apply?
Reply 325
A in maths, B in economics and C in chemistry as well. same, a bummer! i actually thought i had done better. i actually got a B in biology as well, but i dropped it. where else did you apply?

I didnt have a great teacher last year and if I'm honest I slept in her lessons and crammed about a month before, so I guess the C is partly my fault and partly hers. Chemistry is hard to teach yourself! I'm resitting my unit 2 as I got a D and thats what brought my grade down, so hopefully I can get an A when I resit :s-smilie:

I've been quite risky really because I'm not sure whether I can pull off AAB (now I don't even have a politics teacher which is ridiculous and our course has NO TEXTBOOKS!!!) I applied to Manchester, Bristol, Bath, Liverpool and UEA. I got an offer for UEA - ABB :smile:

What about you?
Original post by rlt26
I didnt have a great teacher last year and if I'm honest I slept in her lessons and crammed about a month before, so I guess the C is partly my fault and partly hers. Chemistry is hard to teach yourself! I'm resitting my unit 2 as I got a D and thats what brought my grade down, so hopefully I can get an A when I resit :s-smilie:

I've been quite risky really because I'm not sure whether I can pull off AAB (now I don't even have a politics teacher which is ridiculous and our course has NO TEXTBOOKS!!!) I applied to Manchester, Bristol, Bath, Liverpool and UEA. I got an offer for UEA - ABB :smile:

What about you?

same, my unit 2 was a C surprisingly so i think i can get an A but my teacher wont predict me that high. oh well. i applied to Bristol, Manchester, UCL, Birmingham (offer ABB) and Durham, to which i dont want to go but just applied anyway. don't even meet the entry requirements of AAA. i really want an offer from Bristol.
Reply 327
same, my unit 2 was a C surprisingly so i think i can get an A but my teacher wont predict me that high. oh well. i applied to Bristol, Manchester, UCL, Birmingham (offer ABB) and Durham, to which i dont want to go but just applied anyway. don't even meet the entry requirements of AAA. i really want an offer from Bristol.

You're the same as me! I reaaaally want to go to Bristol, but they want AAB and idk how im gonna do it :frown:
Im not sure if they'll take me though, ive heard its ridiculously over subscribed and im at a disadvantage because I only have 3 AS levels! Really hope I hear from my choices soon, I hate the wait!
Got invited to an interview day today! 19th November, for electronic engineering :smile: has anyone else been invited for an interview for engineering?

EDIT: forgot about the interviews/offers being displayed on the first page :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by OllieGCSEs
Got invited to an interview day today! 19th November, for electronic engineering :smile: has anyone else been invited for an interview for engineering?

EDIT: forgot about the interviews/offers being displayed on the first page :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck. You're now on that list! You might be able to find more interviewees on the engineering forum :smile:
Original post by Origami Bullets
Good luck. You're now on that list! You might be able to find more interviewees on the engineering forum :smile:

Thanks very much! :smile:
Went to Manchester today (just a visit, no interview). Student life is amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 332
Heey, even though we're not doing the same course ( I'm applying for philosophy and politics), what are you're predicted grades and is UoM your firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 333
Original post by Origami Bullets
Hi,

This thread is for everyone who applies to, firms, insures and becomes a fresher at Manchester, starting September 2014! This is the place to find other applicants for your course, and to chat about applying to Manchester.

First though, I'd like to draw your attention to some really useful resources on TSR
General FAQ
Accommodation FAQ
If you've got any questions that are related to those resources, it's generally best to post in those threads

Good luck with your applications and A2 results! :^_^:

Offers and Interviews so far:
Firmers in red and insurers in blue :awesome:
Accounting and Finance: KForshaw
Anatomical Sciences with a Modern Language: Interview: VK96
Ancient History: alex1428bolton
Ancient History and Archaeology: Ealium
Biochemistry (interview): William Turtle, alephcipher, turnedbrain, Sunneth. Offer: _FDarr13
Biological Science (interview): LilyElise
Biology: Interview: Biologist0. Offer: MarkProbio
Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering: Marrok
Biomedical Science (interview): Tayla013, thisisjessyeah, Beck1995, Areesha, ilikebigbuttshaha. Offer: kinz96, smajid.
Chemical Engineering: Interview: <*(((><, zeb786, x-Sophie-x. Offer: AquisM, Jannie10, crlynswkylyn, Heisenberg112, JustTesting
Chemistry: Nitrogen, tea&biscuits<3
Classics: Alistair373
Cognitive Neuroscience and Psychology (interview): annie_
Dentistry: see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Dentistry_2014_Stalking_Page
Drama (interview): rnorfolk1
Economics BA(Econ): NewtoTSR, Southpaw Wolf
Economics BEconSci: MissAF01
Electronic Engineering: Interview: OllieGCSEs
Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation Year: Mclaren96, Justcuriousyaknow
European Studies with German (interview): PromiseKim
French and Spanish: hrsharp
Geography (interview): hmc96, Hatman
Geology: FlyHigh_er
German and Russian (interview): iamnotthewalrus
German Studies (interview): PromiseKim
History: TheHairyOne, sandaman27
History of Art: jdbyrne, georgiehewitt03, christine123
International Business, Finance and Economics: arco1996
Law with Criminology: aliakhan
Linguistics: harrym96
Maths and Actuarial Science: Faye_m
Mechanical Engineering: amyymmmm, nataash
Mechanical Engineering with Management: ShayanM
Medicine: see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2443505 and http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2501021 and http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/medicine_applicants_stalking_page_2014_entry
Microbiology: Interview: Andaxay
Neuroscience: Interview: ellecttric, CharlotteeeeS
Nursing (adult): Interview: whitab, Graciebobs. Offer: xx-Samantha-xx
Nursing (child): Interview: dippers. Offer: charlsmith
Philosophy: aishamarie
Physics: Interview: alow, King Hotpie, sofi.durward, mjmmwoohoo, excal9. Offer: Goods, muonz, Movethemoon
Politics and IR: Anthony_SK, EleanorKeats
Politics and Modern History: Temoo, powersurge
Politics, Philosophy and Economics (PPE): ffionm, StartingTheParty, bendulem, hitch22, magicmuggle, constanzev, KANTtouchthis123, mikele, Tilllzzzzzzz
Psychology: WannaGetAnA, KayleighR26
Social Anthropology: colle009, marm-alade
Zoology (interview): chloescottt, blueboa

NB this doesn't include people who have applied but not yet heard back. Last updated 1/11/13, post #330

I have an offer for Law (AAA).
Original post by felixdez

Congratulations! I've added you to the list. As far as I'm aware, aliakhan is the only other person on TSR with a Manchester law offer though :awesome:
Reply 335
haha thanks :smile: there must be more somewhere!
Reply 336
Original post by mjmmwoohoo
Thanks!

Yeah I got that and then about a week later I got my invitation in the post. I wasn't emailed about the interview which surprised me a bit.

I've got an A* in maths already and I'm predicted A*A*A in physics, chemistry and further maths respectively. I doubt I'll get that chemistry grade though.

Thanks! Hopefully you get an interview too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

finally got invited for an interview in the post this morning - so relieved! :smile:
have you had your's yet? let me know how it goes!
Original post by rlt26
You're the same as me! I reaaaally want to go to Bristol, but they want AAB and idk how im gonna do it :frown:
Im not sure if they'll take me though, ive heard its ridiculously over subscribed and im at a disadvantage because I only have 3 AS levels! Really hope I hear from my choices soon, I hate the wait!

:wink: In love with Bristol as well, my course is also AAB but because of the contextual offer, im hoping to get the ABB offer. i dont think my course is particularly oversubscibed, but i hope we both get an offer! why did you not do 4?
Reply 338

Whoooohooo!!! Finally!! :mmm:Someone else has got an offer- i was beginning to feel lonely xx :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 339

Hi, if you don't mind me asking, when did you get it?

I'm panicking a bit now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending