The Student Room Group

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society XX

Scroll to see replies

Original post by incipientT

We pretty much do stuff whenever someone wants a display, so yeah, sometimes new year as well :smile:

What kind of stuff...? Umm, well pretty much anything, really. I mostly do mid size displays around this time of year, but I've done an indoor display once and a few musical displays as well. Sadly, I've yet to have the opportunity to do any of the really amazing ones, mostly 'cos they happen in England :tongue:

How do you learn it? Well, most people seem to learn it because they know someone who does it. The company I'm working for does a training day, but most people learn while doing shows...

yeah, you've got an interest or two :wink:

well, unfortunately it's only a few days a year :tongue: I think the most I've done in a year was maybe a week and a half total :tongue:

Hey that's my job! :tongue: I'm ze DJ over heree
t5.gifhexer.gifLaie_28.gif123.gifDancing_unhappy.gif

Aww wish I lived in Scotland now! Would be so great hehe :h: Defo want it, can you come down and do a display for me??? :biggrin:

Indoor??? how do they go??? I'm intrigued hehe. Yes they do England is awesome :pierre: Aww okies!
Do you get paid for the job??? Do you do it in teams???

Haha i know I know :wink:

I learnt some when I was on the West end but not much. I was after all a kind at the time, would love to learn in much more depth though! I love fire, its just so cool and I can do many things with fire as it is and candles and that but not fireworks :sad: hmm though I'm not a fire eater or anything :lol:

Oh right, how cool. Hmm little amounts then I guess. So very few but still a good amount! You can only use fireworks so often haha :lol:
Original post by lucine.B
Hey that's my job! :tongue: I'm ze DJ over heree
t5.gifhexer.gifLaie_28.gif123.gifDancing_unhappy.gif

Aww wish I lived in Scotland now! Would be so great hehe :h: Defo want it, can you come down and do a display for me??? :biggrin:

Indoor??? how do they go??? I'm intrigued hehe. Yes they do England is awesome :pierre: Aww okies!
Do you get paid for the job??? Do you do it in teams???

Haha i know I know :wink:

I learnt some when I was on the West end but not much. I was after all a kind at the time, would love to learn in much more depth though! I love fire, its just so cool and I can do many things with fire as it is and candles and that but not fireworks :sad: hmm though I'm not a fire eater or anything :lol:

Oh right, how cool. Hmm little amounts then I guess. So very few but still a good amount! You can only use fireworks so often haha :lol:

Should have been doing your job then :tongue:

Probably not :tongue: But you've got some awesome displays down there anyway :tongue:

Well, they're mostly just smaller and a lot more controlled than the outdoor variants :smile: yeah, I get paid and we almost always do them in teams unless it's really small in which case one person might do it by themselves.

Do you mean you've done stuff with fireworks before?
No hints really, just a cool emoticon :biggrin:

It looked reminiscent of a critter from Critters which creeped me out a bit
Original post by Tom_green_day
It looked reminiscent of a critter from Critters which creeped me out a bit

Critters? Not ringing a bell...
Sorry for the slow reply again I decided to watch another film...

Oh...Kay yeah that is a bit of a list, dayum I'm usually the most musically diverse person around =[ at least you're not like the rest of my class (10 whole people with the same mindset) which is 'oh I can play 1 instrument (all guitar) so music A level will be a great choice' and they all did badly for As. Saying that I got a C so I'm a huge hypocrite :colondollar:

Well the thing that isn't a banana seems mammal-like, right?
Wow how did I miss this one :koala:
I'm back on track ;D

I'm not too sure what hint I am supposed to be receiving if any?

Exactly like me! I always just switch off to watch a movie! :biggrin: I quite literally always have a movie marathons! :biggrin: had a 3 day one with 2 of bros not so long ago :colondollar:

Haha yeahhhhh LOL> Don't say i didn't warn ya :tongue:
OMG people like that annoy me. Its like that makes no sense its so post hoc. Same, all the people like that in my class failed too. I mean my friends are all like 'oh music that's easy enough' erm..no it isn't! There's so much to do and a lot of work/ time etc. It takes a lot to get the high grades. Well done :biggrin:

Original post by lauraaaaa
Most of the plays I see are small scale ones you'll never have heard of, but they're usually really good. I've seen wicked on the west end which was reeeally good but I saw my fair lady in sheffield for £1 and it was amazing! Hoping to see Oliver for £1 in a few weeks! Btw if I don't reply, I've gone to sleep so will reply tomorrow :smile:

This play called two soldiers...directed by victor meldrew himself :wink: it was just a small scale one you'll never have heard of! Wasn't the best but it was okay

Cool, sounds good! :smile: Theater is awesome :biggrin: you should come to teh West end sometime! I've seen soooo many shows there and on Broadway. I'm just such a fan :h:
Oliver for £1?! Cool, I love Oliver...my friend is in it. That's awesome actual Meldrew?! Wowzers :eek: Hmm ah ok. Still seems good :yep:

Original post by Tcrumpen
Never said he wasn't interesting, yeah he is a total womaniser perhaps it's not that i hate him, perhaps it's i'm jealous of him, i can't "womanize" for toffee

I know :tongue: I suppose, but he just has a way with words...plus the woman never actually like him its for ONS relationships XD he's just a pretty face is all other than that he;s a jerk :lol: haha
Night peoples enjoy yourselves. bb8.gif I've got me some movies to watch :dance:
Reply 5046

I know :tongue: I suppose, but he just has a way with words...plus the woman never actually like him its for ONS relationships XD he's just a pretty face is all other than that he;s a jerk :lol: haha

What about that undercover job he develop genuine feelings for her, or Ziva
Original post by Tcrumpen
What about that undercover job he develop genuine feelings for her, or Ziva

Well there's always been something between him and Ziva, its rather obvious. But they don't really go there. Thats like the one real 'relationship' you could say. But being that he is a womanizer is certainly not a good thing.

Haha yeahhhhh LOL> Don't say i didn't warn ya :tongue:
OMG people like that annoy me. Its like that makes no sense its so post hoc. Same, all the people like that in my class failed too. I mean my friends are all like 'oh music that's easy enough' erm..no it isn't! There's so much to do and a lot of work/ time etc. It takes a lot to get the high grades. Well done :biggrin:

Aha thanks I wasn't too proud of my music grade actually as I was hoping for an A -.-
Music can be easy, Music Tech is such a simple subject it's painful, but these are people who can't read proper music and only tabs which seems a bit stupid
What did you get for music?
Critters? Not ringing a bell...

A series of 80s films like Gremlins but as a slasher film. They were really odd and low-scale but funny. It's kinda a cult classic.
Reply 5049
I see. Can you at least describe your emotions, how your mind was etc.???
I love those rides!!! They are hella awesome XD
I've watched it since the beginning though I think that was a rerun before season 2 started not quite sure :curious: either way its great isn't it?! I can't believe I know someone who likes it haha :five: everyone else I know cbb to watch it :tongue:

Haha yes!!! :woo: I never ever find anyone who watched NCIS!!! This is A-MAH-ZING :teehee:
I can finally discuss it with someone :party: yay!!! Hehe :mmm:
Oh I know its like the sweetest he should totally adopt her LOL.

Is it me or do you just love juicy stuff??? :lol:

:yep: we have a test after half term...in fact I have multiple and some are EMPA's so very important indeed :sadnod: ah well. Can't wait for it all to b over next year! :biggrin:
:five: you in year 12 or 13??? It'd probably be easier to tell you what I didn't play :tongue: But I can list it should you want???
What do you play???

haha IKRRR!!! me neither tbh until i came to this thread:smile:
WOOOOOOO:banana::danceboy:

he must! he would make the best ever dad:wink:
Aha thanks I wasn't too proud of my music grade actually as I was hoping for an A -.-
Music can be easy, Music Tech is such a simple subject it's painful, but these are people who can't read proper music and only tabs which seems a bit stupid
What did you get for music?

A series of 80s films like Gremlins but as a slasher film. They were really odd and low-scale but funny. It's kinda a cult classic.

Ah ok. I saw gremlins, anyway :tongue:
I've woken up ill nooooo :frown::frown: that's karma for using illness as an excuse
Aww its well good hehe. Aww I think once you get a drink down ya you'd be fine. I'm quite shy myself and very insecure as well as self conscious but when I've got a drink in hand its all good! XD
I love that too! Except when it comes to meals my friends usually make me cook for them haha but I love it and them :colondollar: I have regular movie marathons! Movies are awesome :biggrin: I enjoy going out for a meal (mainly cos I can sponge off my friend chefs :ahee:. Since my friends & I are adventurous we always find crazy stuff to do, like around London and that. We're mad in fact my friend & I are planning a Christmas party theme: Moulin Rouge :teehee:

I guess so! Yeah cooking's great, especially for friends :colondollar: Haha that's awesome! :teehee:
Well the thing that isn't a banana seems mammal-like, right?
Wow how did I miss this one :koala:
I'm back on track ;D

Well I guess so! :lazy: Hehee
Reply 5054
Morning All

POTO Is amazing!!! Its just so great :h: I am an avid theater-goer and lover musicals are just fab haha. Do you enjoy theater???
I think I have now seen over 20 West end shows and about 15 Broadway ones :smile:

Ive never been to the theatre but i would love to go and id love to see POTO. No one will go with me though!
Original post by lauraaaaa
Most of the plays I see are small scale ones you'll never have heard of, but they're usually really good. I've seen wicked on the west end which was reeeally good but I saw my fair lady in sheffield for £1 and it was amazing! Hoping to see Oliver for £1 in a few weeks! Btw if I don't reply, I've gone to sleep so will reply tomorrow :smile:

That sounds really cheap £1 id love to have those sort of prices around here. The hippodrome in bristol is so expensive though! I need someone to come to the west end with me! Anyone fancy coming west end with me ha! I think i fell asleep before you!
Well that was one of my favourite auditions so far :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stringer987
That sounds really cheap £1 id love to have those sort of prices around here. The hippodrome in bristol is so expensive though! I need someone to come to the west end with me! Anyone fancy coming west end with me ha! I think i fell asleep before you!

It's technically the public dress rehersal but nothing ever goes wrong when I go and, even if it did, you can't complain for a £1 really! It's only the first showing of certain productions but, as I said, you get some great ones like my fair lady and oliver, and the other ones aren't bad!
I'll come with you haha! I adore the theatre. I've always wanted to see billy elliot on the west end! I also want to go to broadway at some point in my life!
Reply 5059
Hello all.

Quick Reply

Latest