The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
I'm getting worried about no email yet! Does getting no 5 week email automatically mean rejection? :/
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Shehr
I'm getting worried about no email yet! Does getting no 5 week email automatically mean rejection? :/

Not necessarily. Your application might be in a batch they haven't got round to looking at yet/looking at a second time...I know the wait is tense but just hold on! :biggrin:
Reply 1002
Original post by theholonym
Not necessarily. Your application might be in a batch they haven't got round to looking at yet/looking at a second time...I know the wait is tense but just hold on! :biggrin:

Haha thanks I'm trying!:tongue: I was so close to emailing them but then im guessing if theres no email in another 2 weeks, i'll do it!
Reply 1003
Hi guys! :smile: I am an international applicant from Italy. I've applied for BSc Government and Economics and I received my 5weeks-email 22 days ago. Since then I check my inbox every day, many times a day :biggrin: just too anxious...

I have a question: as I am an international student and my qualifications will be the italian ones (= utterly useless), is it likely that I will be asked to seat the entrance exam?

Good luck to everone! :smile:

Fortes fortuna adiuvat!
Reply 1004
Original post by PPC
Hi guys! :smile: I am an international applicant from Italy. I've applied for BSc Government and Economics and I received my 5weeks-email 22 days ago. Since then I check my inbox every day, many times a day :biggrin: just too anxious...

I have a question: as I am an international student and my qualifications will be the italian ones (= utterly useless), is it likely that I will be asked to seat the entrance exam?

Fortes fortuna adiuvat!

I am also an international applicant~ greetings from Hong Kong:biggrin: I applied for law and received my 5-week email a week ago. Anyone please tell when does LSE usually issue offers? I am so anxious!
Reply 1005
Im getting worried that they Have acctually sent the five week email to everyone and that doesnt mean i am more likely to get the offer :-(
Original post by arminb
Im getting worried that they Have acctually sent the five week email to everyone and that doesnt mean i am more likely to get the offer :-(

Some people have been rejected before the 5 week email, but some have been rejected during the 5 week email, but it's still a good thing to have received the 5 week email. Just think, it's a lot better than a rejection

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1007
Original post by kingmango
Some people have been rejected before the 5 week email, but some have been rejected during the 5 week email, but it's still a good thing to have received the 5 week email. Just think, it's a lot better than a rejection

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think at first they just remove the absolute no hopers then the real competition begins. People have told me that international students are at an advantage so i hope that d help me.
Reply 1008
Original post by arminb
I think at first they just remove the absolute no hopers then the real competition begins. People have told me that international students are at an advantage so i hope that d help me.

I apply for EME and one of my friends apply for it , too. He is much more competitive than me with better AS results and STEP. BUT, I get the 5 weeks email and he doesn't . So I'm just wondering if LSE randomly pick up someone at the first stage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1009
Original post by norah_bellefleur
Aaaah still haven't got anything!! Getting really nervous now... :eek:

We're still on the same boat :/
I think I'm going to email them if I don't get anything next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1010
Original post by mmms95
Why have people said that international students are at an advantage? Is this actually true or just or myth? Is it because they pay more or something? Or LSE just like to be diverse?

I dont really know if its true, but apart from the fact that they almost pay double that of home students, half of the LSE students are international while there are fewer international students applying to lse. So it is just like less applicants per place. Technically LSE shouldn't do this though, I cant accuse them of this but it just makes sense :colondollar:
Reply 1011
Original post by arminb
I dont really know if its true, but apart from the fact that they almost pay double that of home students, half of the LSE students are international while there are fewer international students applying to lse. So it is just like less applicants per place. Technically LSE shouldn't do this though, I cant accuse them of this but it just makes sense :colondollar:

I am an international applicant too and from where I come from, the people that actually apply are very competitive. They are generally scholars or they come from affluent families/private schools, which might explain they're higher success rate. But this is just my opinion :smile:
Got the 5 week email yesterday for international history
Original post by PPC

Fortes fortuna adiuvat!

If they feel your qualifications are not academically rigorous they will ask you to sit the entrance exam. When I sat the exam, there were a few people from eastern European countries; Bulgaria, Poland, etc.

LSE only ask those that show potential to sit the entrance exam.
International Relations, where art thou???
Reply 1015
Can anybody briefly explain the email procedure? As I'm going to send my application for BSc Management shortly I just wanted to know.
From what I've read , after submitting application I would receive email saying that they would let me know in 2 weeks time and than after 2 week I am getting email that would say that in 5 week time I should get response? of course assuming that everything goes ok with my application
I was wondering if there is anybody (applying for straight econ, those who received the five weeks email) who would be happy to let me take a look at their personal statement via PM. I would be real interested in what could I have done better in order to have a shot at receiving an offer (i was rejected after the two weeks mail). Thanks!
Reply 1017
Original post by eloo
Can anybody briefly explain the email procedure? As I'm going to send my application for BSc Management shortly I just wanted to know.
From what I've read , after submitting application I would receive email saying that they would let me know in 2 weeks time and than after 2 week I am getting email that would say that in 5 week time I should get response? of course assuming that everything goes ok with my application

You're basically spot on!

You'll get a confirmation email, and the admissions tutor will introduce themselves (kinda)
Then you should get the 2 week email where it just says you'll be updated in approximately two weeks on the status of your application

HOPEFULLY, you should get the 5 week email (however, some people have been rejected after the 2 week email) which says:

"The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement, and will be considering your application in competition with other candidates in your cohort.

This can take up to five weeks. I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next."

Now, I don't think anyone on this thread has gotten further than that at the moment, but some people have been rejected after getting the 5 week email so we're all still in the dark a bit.

Hope it helped :biggrin:
Original post by eloo

After you send your application off you will receive an email acknowledging that they have received your application, in this one they won´t say anything else.

Then you will receive an email saying someone is examining your application and that they will get back to you in two weeks. In this two weeks if they require UMS grades then they will email you a short questionnaire asking you to give some extra data to help assess you.

If you appear suitable then they will send you another email stating they are going to look at your application further and will hopefully get back to you in the next 5 weeks. It is worth noting that you could receive the 5 week email as quickly as 2 days after the 2 week email or even after 2 weeks, it varies by department.

If you are rejected for any reason they will email you telling you that you are not suitable for the university. Do not panic if you have not received any emails as this just means your department is busy.

Currently we don´t have much information as to what happens after the 5 week email as not many of us have reached that point yet.
Reply 1019
Thank you a lot, I am really scaried due to the fact that I don't know what to expect. As I will be applying from Poland, than I guess my grades will meet requirements and they in fact meet them in predicted grades, moreover I like my PS , although I am still not sure how is it when compared to the other students from UK as well as from EU. of course I have compared it with the other PSs that are in the Internet , but still just anxious about that :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending