The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by isklikas
¡Hola! Veux-tu d'aidé pour le français? Je peux t'aider, mais je voudrais d'aidé pour l'espagnol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you fluent in French as a native or learner? I assume as a learner because you said after ten years.

What's your first language?

And lastly, español es muy fácil si hablas francés en mi opinión!
Reply 8541
¡Hola! Veux-tu d'aidé pour le français? Je peux t'aider, mais je voudrais d'aidé pour l'espagnol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oui, je voudrais d'aide pour le français et j'aimerais t'aider avec l'espagnol. :biggrin:

Voici ma première question, quelle est la différence entre actuellement, maintenant et en ce moment? Quelqu'un me l'a expliqué, mais les trois phrases me confondent toujours! :angry:

Corrige mes erreurs, s'il te plaît. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AquisM
Oui, je voudrais d'aide pour le français et j'aimerais t'aider avec l'espagnol. :biggrin:

Voici ma première question, quelle est la différence entre actuellement, maintenant et en ce moment? Quelqu'un me l'a expliqué, mais les trois phrases me confondent toujours! :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I explained this before :mmm: but I've forgotten now :rofl:
Reply 8543
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I explained this before :mmm: but I've forgotten now :rofl:

Oh, it must have been you who explained it to me, but I only sort of understood then and now I have completely forgotten it (sorry! :colondollar:).
Original post by AquisM
Oh, it must have been you who explained it to me, but I only sort of understood then and now I have completely forgotten it (sorry! :colondollar:).

De rien :tongue: we'll wait!
Reply 8545
Are you fluent in French as a native or learner? I assume as a learner because you said after ten years.

What's your first language?

And lastly, español es muy fácil si hablas francés en mi opinión!

Yes, I am fluent as a leaner. My first language is Greek. Yep this is true, Spanish always seemed easy to me because of French and Greek (they have the same syntax as Greek), however I only began this year...

Original post by AquisM

Salut :smile: Ta phrase n'a pas des erreurs :smile: I will explain the difference in English so that it will be easier for you :smile: Actuellement, is when something is now, but can change and hasn't got a specified hour. For example heure actuelle (the time is not constant). Maintenant is now when the time that something happens is precise and has a short range of error. For example, the time you go to bed? En ce moment, just means now and can have any sense, like the sense of a period or of an instance depending on the context of the sentence. Eg because I haven't got a constant or a variable hour of going to TSR, I would say that "En ce moment, J'écrite à AquisM". Hope this helps :smile: (though I feel that I explained it terribly :frown:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Yes, I am fluent as a leaner. My first language is Greek. Yep this is true, Spanish always seemed easy to me because of French and Greek (they have the same syntax as Greek), however I only began this year...

Aah, c'est cool. Oui, j'ai commencé cette année aussi mais quant à moi, si on sait les mots, la grammaire vient facilement.

The major struggle for me would be por vs para probably! Or something I've not yet come across.
Reply 8547
Aah, c'est cool. Oui, j'ai commencé cette année aussi mais quant à moi, si on sait les mots, la grammaire vient facilement.

The major struggle for me would be por vs para probably! Or something I've not yet come across.

Oui, j'espère que la grammaire d'espagnol est simple, mais je ne sais pas assez de mots pour parler en espagnol avec de confidence...

Yeah, I understand what you mean, but anyone would be struggling with something that isn't familiar, don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oui, j'espère que la grammaire d'espagnol est simple, mais je ne sais pas assez de mots pour parler en espagnol avec de confidence...

Yeah, I understand what you mean, but anyone would be struggling with something that isn't familiar, don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aah oui, c'est vrai. En ce moment, je ne sais pas beaucoup de mots ce qui pourquoi je ne peux pas avoir une grande conversation en espagnol.

Question:
Does "unless = à moins que" need the "ne expletif"? Because I saw an example which had the ne without the pas, so I assumed it was that.
Reply 8549
Aah oui, c'est vrai. En ce moment, je ne sais pas beaucoup de mots ce qui pourquoi je ne peux pas avoir une grande conversation en espagnol.

Question:
Does "unless = à moins que" need the "ne expletif"? Because I saw an example which had the ne without the pas, so I assumed it was that.

*je ne sais pas beaucoup des mots et c'est pourquoi je ne....

I am not sure that I understand your question, can you rephrase or post the example please and I will help you :smile: It is important to know that the French people usually omit the ne and use pas in everyday speeches, though there are cases that you should omit the pas, so just upload the example please :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
*je ne sais pas beaucoup des mots et c'est pourquoi je ne....

I am not sure that I understand your question, can you rephrase or post the example please and I will help you :smile: It is important to know that the French people usually omit the ne and use pas in everyday speeches, though there are cases that you should omit the pas, so just upload the example please :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Merci :smile:

A moins que tu n'aies une meilleure idée...
Unless you have a better idea...

?
Reply 8551

Salut :smile: Ta phrase n'a pas des erreurs :smile: I will explain the difference in English so that it will be easier for you :smile: Actuellement, is when something is now, but can change and hasn't got a specified hour. For example heure actuelle (the time is not constant). Maintenant is now when the time that something happens is precise and has a short range of error. For example, the time you go to bed? En ce moment, just means now and can have any sense, like the sense of a period or of an instance depending on the context of the sentence. Eg because I haven't got a constant or a variable hour of going to TSR, I would say that "En ce moment, J'écrite à AquisM". Hope this helps :smile: (though I feel that I explained it terribly :frown:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Merci! Tu l'as expliqué très bien. En ce moment (is this correct?) je comprends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Merci :smile:

A moins que tu n'aies une meilleure idée...
Unless you have a better idea...

?

Parfait. :yep:
Original post by We, happy few!
Parfait. :yep:

Why is the ne there? Is it the ne expletif or something else?
Why is the ne there? Is it the ne expletif or something else?

Réponse courte : Parce que. :tongue:

Réponse longue : C'est des points de grammaire, tout simplement. Je ne saurai t'expliquer davantage. But just remember that:

à moins que ... ne (+ subjunctive)

Sometimes, you'll also see: à moins que (+ subjunctive)

I don't know which one is "GRAMMATICALLY" correct, though. :erm: But let's say that both are fine! :smile:
Réponse courte : Parce que. :tongue:

Réponse longue : C'est des points de grammaire, tout simplement. Je ne saurai t'expliquer davantage. But just remember that:

à moins que ... ne (+ subjunctive)

Sometimes, you'll also see: à moins que (+ subjunctive)

I don't know which one is "GRAMMATICALLY" correct, though. :erm: But let's say that both are fine! :smile:

I think it's just the ne expletif :tongue: or half negative...

A moins que tu ne me veuilles te battre, j'arrêterais parler...

Does that make sense?
I think it's just the ne expletif :tongue: or half negative...

A moins que tu ne veuilles te battre, j'arrêterais parler...

Does that make sense?

* À moins que tu ne veuilles te battre, j'arrêterais de parler...

After thinking about it a bit, you might be right, in fact... :erm: Dans le langage oral, les Français ne disent pas souvent le "ne". So maybe that's why I can no longer differentiate a correct sentence in the negative form from a wrong sentence. Well, actually I can... but after some reflection... :teehee:
(edited 10 years ago)
* À moins que tu ne veuilles te battre, j'arrêterais de parler...

After thinking about it a bit, you might be right, in fact... :erm: Dans le langage oral, les Français ne disent pas souvent le "ne". So maybe that's why I can no longer differentiate a correct sentence in the negative form from a wrong sentence. Well, actually I can... but after some reflection... :teehee:

Aah, je vois, merci beaucoup! Seras-tu ici pour un longtemps? :redface:
Aah, je vois, merci beaucoup! Seras-tu ici pour un longtemps? :redface:

By 'here', you mean on TSR? Then, yes. :yes:
(What does that question even mean? Of course, I'm going to stay till at least next academic year!)
(edited 10 years ago)
By 'here', you mean on TSR? Then, yes. :yes:
(What does that question even mean? Of course, I'm going to stay till at least next academic year!)

Yeah :tongue:

Je voulais te demander des questions, mais je pense que j'ai fini maintenant... :biggrin: bien que je recherche (I don't know if the subjunctive has a different conjugation for rechercher) encore...

What does this mean:
Je fais mes premières armes en informatique :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending