The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Extraordinary how this happens every year. Still, at least no team is really taking the initiative like City did last season.
Not too sure how we come to lose that game. I missed the second half because of a driving lesson. I thought we dominated the first half? Going forward we just didn't look convincing at all in the first half, but I thought we'd get a breakthrough...
What a terrible day haha. Have to beat West Brom.
Reply 7483
Original post by Dogwithwings
Eto'o looking like a terrible signing. Yet another legend ruined by chelski this is new.

How are united doing?
Reply 7484
Original post by Isometrix
Yo Jam, November crumble. You were saying lad? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

One game. Although I hope the west brom isn't away. I've had enough of them beating us by a jammy 1 goal difference despite us dominating for most of the match.
Reply 7485
Original post by KingMessi
Extraordinary how this happens every year. Still, at least no team is really taking the initiative like City did last season.

Arsenal have taken 25/27 points in their last 9 games. Surely that's taking the initiative?

Can't recall City being that good results wise this early on. This time last year United had a 1 point lead over Chelsea and 2 points over City.
Original post by jam277
How are united doing?

Random comment :s-smilie: but united are now only 2 points behind their rival for the title after massacring fulham, despite everyone claiming we're doing badly. Remind me how Chavski did again today? And who they played against? :rofl:

That said I still expect you to finish 3rd comfortabley, with arsenal and spurs fighting it out for fourth
Reply 7487
Random comment :s-smilie: but united are now only 2 points behind their rival for the title after massacring fulham, despite everyone claiming we're doing badly. Remind me how Chavski did again today? And who they played against? :rofl:

That said I still expect you to finish 3rd comfortabley, with arsenal and spurs fighting it out for fourth

Ain't you a united fan? In fact I'm sure you are. In fact don't worry I didn't read what you said properly.

Well say that your title rivals are city to the table. Saying that. I'm not too bothered about your opinion or anything you have to say.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Ain't you a united fan? In fact I'm sure you are.

I am, I'm just wondering why u mentioned how we're doing in response to me saying eto'o has been ruined
Reply 7489
I am, I'm just wondering why u mentioned how we're doing in response to me saying eto'o has been ruined

It's because every time you come on this thread, it's to troll when chelsea have lost a game. Pathetic really, lack of any insight and pretty much clatter the thread with nonsensical posts in order to wind people up.
You title contenders are pretty far from the people who are first.
I didn't see you saying this when we beat city too. **** off back to your bridge.
Now wrt eto'o. If you actually watched or followed him in russia, he had been largely poor or average for anzhi. So to say that he's been ruined by us when he was doing poor in a **** league by his standards is a ridiculous statement to make.
(edited 10 years ago)
Well we're still 2nd, so not too bad. But we can't afford to drop points next weekend.

I might be at the Schalke game, so will be interesting to see how we will respond.
Original post by Deshi
Arsenal have taken 25/27 points in their last 9 games. Surely that's taking the initiative?

Can't recall City being that good results wise this early on. This time last year United had a 1 point lead over Chelsea and 2 points over City.

I assume he's referring to 2 years ago when City barely dropped a point in the league until December, sweeping aside all before them including a 5-1 win at White Hart Lane and 6-1 at OT.
Reply 7492
Original post by sr90
I assume he's referring to 2 years ago when City barely dropped a point in the league until December, sweeping aside all before them including a 5-1 win at White Hart Lane and 6-1 at OT.

Makes more sense, guess he mixed them up.
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
Well we're still 2nd, so not too bad. But we can't afford to drop points next weekend.

I might be at the Schalke game, so will be interesting to see how we will respond.

Do you know where you'll be sitting? I'm usually in the West Lower for home games.
Original post by Biffy_Blues
Do you know where you'll be sitting? I'm usually in the West Lower for home games.

It'll probably be the Shed End, however I usually go in the West Stand as well.
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
It'll probably be the Shed End, however I usually go in the West Stand as well.

My dad always used to stand in the Shed when he used to watch them in the 70's, never been there myself though :redface:

I see MOTD's weekly bash anything David Luiz does section has begun again.
Reply 7496
Oi Biffy. Only I get to point that out. Know your place sonny boy :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7497
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/chelsea/9005498/mourinho-i-made-11-mistakes
Ouch, tbh he did get the team selection wrong. I don't think mata and oscar can work together atm tbh which is why they don't play together, while hazard works best when mata is in the hole, so I'm wondering if he plays oscar with schurrle and willian will we do better.

The subs were poor tbh, I don't get why he didn't just do his 3atb when we need a goal tactic, I feel that we're able to play the ball quicker. We struggle to get in behind defences and having the fullbacks up as wingbacks with wingers infront would have allowed us to stretch the defence and also get more players forward, plus it would be harder to mark our teams players.
Original post by The Assassin
Okay guys you know what's next, right? It's November. This is the time, in recent seasons, where we drop down like an avalanche and our hopes for challenging for the title evaporate.

Given the circumstances recently including Newcastle's lack of confidence and inept manager, we should show up, do what we've been doing and get the 3 points. But nonetheless, tradition may get in the way.

We shall see if that true Mourinho mentality is really instilled within us and the belief SFL has spoken about has returned. We have to fight, face crappy weather and eek out the 3 points that took us to the titles under Jose in his first reign, ala Blackburn. So, this game is a good proving ground for what we are made of now!

^Bulletz, I share your sentiments bro.

It looks like we have failed/lost the first test. A few more to go. Get it together Chelsea.

Not good enough for a title winning side, more like a top 4 challenging side we have been in recent years.

Heads need to roll Jose, don't be afraid to drop the big names that are not performing for you. Betrand and Azpi played well in midweek, Brana and Ash did not today. Time to give the former 2 a go in midweek?

Cahill is streets ahead of Luiz in form, pick the guy who is performing, their second best is not acceptable. That is the mantra you had that won us titles, bring it back.

Frank is not evergreen, accept it. Use him when we need him most, you have other options to save the ounces of greatness he has left in him.

Hazards form is in and out, time for that to cost him his place for a few games. Lets see what Willan can do. And please, cut Mata the same degree of slack that is given to Hazard, he will reward us more for it.

Just as I was starting to believe we could overcome this it turns out we couldn't (yet).

Frustrating because we can do so much better. Let us hope we get the kick up the butt needed from this and come back in style.

Better hope we beat west brom a draw would be awful.
tbf to Newcastle they really deserved that result. We played horrendously and they defended really well and took their chances when they came. Just need to take it on the chin and bring on the next game.

Latest