The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sherlockedssy
Hint:

Spoiler

Thank you for the hint! I shall try this :smile:
Original post by ltigers
it has nothing to do with density.the first one isnt water, look more closely.

Ok, thanks! Is it to do with formulas then? As in, does each colour represent an element's atom? Are the numbers temperature by any chance?

Actually don't worry, I've got it now! :biggrin: Now to get past silver...
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm doing this too. Silver is driving me insane though! I managed to get 77K for the temperature and the 19300L given in the question but I'm just lost from then on.
Original post by HappyCheesecake
I'm doing this too. Silver is driving me insane though! I managed to get 77K for the temperature and the 19300L given in the question but I'm just lost from then on.

I'll give you a hint...

look at converting the volume of liquid N2 to gas :smile:
Oops I'm spending too much time on this challenge! But I really want to get it done :tongue:
Can anyone help with gold please? Is it something to do with reacting them?
Original post by economicsrocks
I'll give you a hint...

look at converting the volume of liquid N2 to gas :smile:

Thank you :smile: would the pressure required be 760 torr? And then use a STP formula to work out the answer?
Can anyone help with gold please? Is it something to do with reacting them?

Its to do with the packaging. How theyre packed together :smile:
Original post by HappyCheesecake
Thank you :smile: would the pressure required be 760 torr? And then use a STP formula to work out the answer?

You're welcome! :smile: I didn't actually use the proper formula, haha, but I googled the number which the liquid volume multiplies by to get to the gaseous volume.
Original post by Diamond Crafter
Its to do with the packaging. How theyre packed together :smile:

Ah ok, thanks! I kinda resorted to guessing haha, but I still haven't got it! Is that why there are balls in the background, then? Do you mean how aluminium compares to magnesium in terms of structure?
Ah ok, thanks! I kinda resorted to guessing haha, but I still haven't got it! Is that why there are balls in the background, then? Do you mean how aluminium compares to magnesium in terms of structure?

Yes :smile: It's abou r their packaging efficiency.
Theres an equation involved to work out the individual value of aluminum and magnesium.
Yes :smile: It's abou r their packaging efficiency.
Theres an equation involved to work out the individual value of aluminum and magnesium.

I have absolutely no idea what that equation is and what a packaging efficiency is! :O Thank you for your help, but I may leave it for today because I will go mad if I spend any longer on it haha! I'll try again tomorrow :smile:
I have asolutely no idea what that equation is and what a packaging efficiency is! :O Thank you for your help, but I may leave it for today because I will go mad if I spend any longer on it haha! I'll try again tomorrow :smile:

Aha, no worries I got so obsessed with It! :colondollar: look forward to the Rg level :wink:
Reply 1813
I have absolutely no idea what that equation is and what a packaging efficiency is! :O Thank you for your help, but I may leave it for today because I will go mad if I spend any longer on it haha! I'll try again tomorrow :smile:

Any further hints for copper? :biggrin:

EDIT: Finally got it, so nevermind! ...And that was the copper level. Oh lord.
(edited 10 years ago)
Any hints for the gold question? I have got space group numbers for all of them and fell like im going mad.

Thanks.
Reply 1815
I know the molecule in copper but it asks me for the most recent result when I put in the answer from Wikipedia where can I find this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NightStrider
Any hints for the gold question? I have got space group numbers for all of them and fell like im going mad.

Thanks.

I'm stuck on that too haha! :tongue: What's a space group number?
Aha, no worries I got so obsessed with It! :colondollar: look forward to the Rg level :wink:

I got it!! :biggrin: Thanks for your help :smile:
Last level! :O this looks complicated...

woo!! done :biggrin: if anyone needs help, I'm happy to help, seeing as though I asked for a lot of help too haha :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1819
Last level! :O this looks complicated...

woo!! done :biggrin: if anyone needs help, I'm happy to help, seeing as though I asked for a lot of help too haha :tongue:

For silver it's asking me to check my units?

Quick Reply

Latest