The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ExcitinglyMundane
I'm also applying to that course, the university was fantastic. I got my offer today (A*AA), and am really happy, as it's my second choice after Oxford.

Oh wow congrats :biggrin: When did you send your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by LucyW456
Oh wow congrats :biggrin: When did you send your application?

I sent it on the 7th October
I sent it on the 7th October

Oh ok, hopefully I might get an offer in the next few weeks cus I sent mine off on the 24th oct, fingers crossed :P have you been invited to an offer day of some sort?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh ok, hopefully I might get an offer in the next few weeks cus I sent mine off on the 24th oct, fingers crossed :P have you been invited to an offer day of some sort?

Yeah, I went on the 30th, it was quite fun to meet other physics applicants!
Original post by ljb.95
I haven't come across anybody else yet but i only sent mine off on the 29th, I thought they may have been in the same department as you can do geography & geology!

yeah, i just checked, in Birmingham they are in the same dept, but most other unis they are not, that's why i was confused. maybe you will hear within the next week or so then.

Oh cool ooh I really hope I get an offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! Where else are you applying?
Reply 267

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have heard nothing of these days :frown: How did you find out about it? Was it after you got an offer?
Original post by adi19956
I have heard nothing of these days :frown: How did you find out about it? Was it after you got an offer?

I received a letter saying that the department had recommended the university make me an offer, and they invited me on the 30th. (They did give me a way to choose another day if I wanted).

My offer came through Ucas on the 28th, but due to downtime I could not view it until the 29th. However it was accompanied by emails from both the university and Ucas. I also got an actual letter through the post confirming the offer, which just so happened to arrive whilst I was visiting the university!
Reply 269
Hey can I ask when you got that letter and how long it took for the offer to show on ucas cos I was confused in whether or not it was an offer. I'm applying for physics too :smile: (TPAM) how was the applicants day? Was there an interview?
Thanks!
Original post by anish0613
Hey can I ask when you got that letter and how long it took for the offer to show on ucas cos I was confused in whether or not it was an offer. I'm applying for physics too :smile: (TPAM) how was the applicants day? Was there an interview?
Thanks!

I got the first letter on the 19th of October. My interpretation of it was that the department wanted to make me an offer, but as at Birmingham the university makes you the offer, it has to be cleared by the university. I can't imagine that the university admissions department will say no, and so it effectively said "We're going to make you an offer, just wait while it gets sorted". The actual offer came through on the 28th of October.
It may be a little different for TPAM as there are two departments involved who need to accept you.

The applicants day was brilliant, I really enjoyed walking round the university talking to people who shared my interested in physics.

There was no interview, I had already received my offer before the applicants day.
Reply 271

I sent mine on 11th October for English and American Literature and all my other offers have come in except Birmingham. I am petrified!!
Original post by Kgooding
I sent mine on 11th October for English and American Literature and all my other offers have come in except Birmingham. I am petrified!!

You have no need to be! Every university handles applicants differently, and at Birmingham all the departments will also handle their applicants differently.
Really, unless they've given you a no, there is no reason to worry. They have months before their deadline to offer, so they're just taking their time - remember that the admissions tutors are very busy at this time of year.
Reply 273
You have no need to be! Every university handles applicants differently, and at Birmingham all the departments will also handle their applicants differently.
Really, unless they've given you a no, there is no reason to worry. They have months before their deadline to offer, so they're just taking their time - remember that the admissions tutors are very busy at this time of year.

I know but at the same time I'm sitting here thinking "this is potentially my first choice"
How many replies have you had from your choices?
I know but at the same time I'm sitting here thinking "this is potentially my first choice"
How many replies have you had from your choices?

Two offers from Birmingham and Bath.
I've been invited for interview at Lancaster.
Still waiting of Durham.
I need to do a test before I hear anything from Oxford.

Where else have you applied? You said Birmingham is your remaining one that you haven't heard from?
Reply 275
Two offers from Birmingham and Bath.
I've been invited for interview at Lancaster.
Still waiting of Durham.
I need to do a test before I hear anything from Oxford.

Where else have you applied? You said Birmingham is your remaining one that you haven't heard from?

[INDENT]Got offers from Keele (twice), Coventry and JMU. I don't believe my teachers when they said I can get 3 A grades so I aimed for obtainable[/INDENT]

[INDENT]Got offers from Keele (twice), Coventry and JMU. I don't believe my teachers when they said I can get 3 A grades so I aimed for obtainable[/INDENT]

Are they all for the same course?
I got a offer for maths by post on the 29th I have got the AVD on the 6th but it still has not come up on ucas that I have got an offer. Is this normal? and is anyone else going on the 6th?
Reply 278
Original post by AnishaaBEP
I got a offer for maths by post on the 29th I have got the AVD on the 6th but it still has not come up on ucas that I have got an offer. Is this normal? and is anyone else going on the 6th?

That's happened to me as well, got it in the post on the 28th, and invited to an ADV on the 15th of November, mine still hasn't come up on UCAS as well :/ but I think in due time it will as it has to go through the actual admissions office, wait a couple of days and hopefully it should come through :smile:
Reply 279
Are they all for the same course?

A mixture of English and English and American Literature

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending