The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by g.k.galloway
I don't think it's really being considered this year - it wasn't even in the results report!

I know of one uni actually using SJT (I think its Edinburgh though I'm not 100% sure) and Leicester say they may use it as an interview station
Reply 6421
I don't think it's really being considered this year - it wasn't even in the results report!

No problem. :smile: I was quite happy but there are lots of people that have done much better than me :smile:

wow long time no see
What is it with all these recent "Ask me anything?" threads? :colonhash:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by usycool1
What is it with all these recent "Ask my anything?" threads? :colonhash:

Ask your what anything?:mmm:

What's wrong with them? I'd make one if I had something unique :tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish

*Cough* :colondollar: :lol:

Nothing, I just don't like them...I don't like anything tbh, except complaining :colonhash: :lol: You're kinda famous on TSR, so I guess you have a valid reason for making one :tongue:
Original post by Blueray2
Just wondering, as you're the only person that seems to have done it here! :biggrin: What does the test comprise of? Why isn't it instant marked like UKCAT?

It's just verbal reasoning/critical thinking stuff, mainly.

The LNAT comprises two parts: an MCQ section (/42) and a forty minute essay.

For the multiple choice, there are twelve argumentative passages with 3 or 4 accompanying questions for each. Examples of the questions would be like the following: "what is the writer's main point?"; "what can be inferred from the second paragraph about X?"; "which of the following is not identified as supporting the writer's point on Y?", etc.

The essay section is pretty straightforward, and usually there's a fair mix of accessible questions - you get a choice of three and it's supposed to be 500-600 words long. The questions don't tend to rely on legal knowledge at all, although certainly for one of mine an understanding would have helped.

I have no idea why you don't get the scores instantly. I suppose it's a very different situation with medicine; nearly all medical schools require the UKCAT in some form, whilst only a handful of law schools ask for the LNAT. Personally I can't see why we do not receive our scores sooner after the test, but meh.

Nothing, I just don't like them...I don't like anything tbh, except complaining :colonhash: :lol: You're kinda famous on TSR, so I guess you have a valid reason for making one :tongue:

:teehee:

Why? They're great for finding something... Like the American who made one, I asked about American Unis, the Russian about the language, some really work out well!

TSR Famous :rofl: I had a quiet time but I thought what the heck, I may as well post when I'm on my phone doing nothing :lol: or doing something boring...

I've got loads of homework for tomorrow :colonhash: bloody great.
Reply 6427
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Look forward to hearing about it :biggrin: well I have to get an offer first :tongue: how do you have so many? Can't find any decent ones around my area. I hate it mainly because I don't think I'm good at it :redface:

Fair enough :smile: I'll ask her about it if I ever see her on here. A2s are alright so far, not doing great but not going too bad. How about you?

you called? Sorry I haven't been on here much :sad: I've been so busy and barely been in my room today- mother visiting/ fireworks/ pub :colondollar:

what can I help you with? :h:
Original post by lilGem
you called? Sorry I haven't been on here much :sad: I've been so busy and barely been in my room today- mother visiting/ fireworks/ pub :colondollar:

what can I help you with? :h:

Haha I did :biggrin: don't worry about it, I'm glad you seem to be enjoying yourself! It was mainly about the Biology Olympiad challenge thing, did you do it last year?
Reply 6429
Grease is on tomorrow! :awesome:
Original post by Pandora.
Grease is on tomorrow! :awesome:

Detest the movie but so glad you're back. Are u ok?

You should make one. "I'm a med applicant, ask me anything". I'm really bad at thread making, I hardly get much views haha. In other news, my alterego seems to be more popular than me, haha.
Original post by L'Evil Fish

You are unique. Make a thread entitled "Ask a wannabe polygot something" or something similar :h:
So stressed school tomorrow:frown:
I haven't done any of the Assignments I was given and my biology work has piled on top of me. 😩*Sigh*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IceKidd
wow long time no see

??
Original post by Dimples_ND
I haven't done any of the Assignments I was given and my biology work has piled on top of me. 😩*Sigh*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never have I, don't worry we're in the same boat
Original post by Dimples_ND

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same.

AS but still, I have 3 Biology Essays, a Booklet, French Poster and Oral Notes. A translation, a physics test tomorrow as well :colonhash:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Fair enough :smile: I'll ask her about it if I ever see her on here. A2s are alright so far, not doing great but not going too bad. How about you?

I'm on the same boat really, just trying to keep positive to work things through. :smile: I'm trying to think of a topic to write for a history essay competition and planning my gap year. :biggrin:
How typical is this, I got an English essay to do over half term, I didn't do it (obviously because I'm so rebellious). So come Monday, she asks for it...I tell her I "lost the sheet", so I get until Friday. It gets to Thursday night and I debate over whether or not I should do it, I decide I should. So I spend ages on this essay and finish it feeling quite proud. Next day...SHE DOESN'T ASK FOR IT. SHE FORGETS. Karma probably :tongue:

(Didn't want to just give it in because that'd be unfair on my friend who didn't do it and is the only other person in the class) :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6438
??

:wink:
Original post by Lucy96
How typical is this, I got an English essay to do over half term, I didn't do it (obviously because I'm so rebellious). So come Monday, she asks for it...I tell her I "lost the sheet", so I get until Friday. It gets to Thursday night and I debate over whether or not I should do it, I decide I should. So I spend ages on this essay and finish it feeling quite proud. Next day...SHE DOESN'T ASK FOR IT. SHE FORGETS. Karma probably :tongue:

(Didn't want to just give it in because that'd be unfair on my friend who didn't do it and is the only other person in the class) :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest