The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele Nursing Interview/Application Sept 2014t

Hi,

I have an interview for the Nursing Degree at Keele for September 2014 entry. My interview is in a weeks time and wondered if there is anyone out there also having an interview in November? Or if anyone has had one recently and could give me a few tips?

Thanks!:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I had my interview last year and got accepted you should focus on patient centers care and talk about communication and the importance of patients understanding their treatment and you getting consent
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Hi, I have my interview at keele too! on the 6th of november! very nervous as to what the group acitivity will involve!? does anyone have any ideas or helpful hints?

thankyou :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by happychappy2803
Hi, I have my interview at keele too! on the 6th of november! very nervous as to what the group acitivity will involve!? does anyone have any ideas or helpful hints?

thankyou :smile:

I have my interview then too! Might see you!:biggrin: Same too, not too sure as to what will happen on the day. I'm glad I'm not the only one that's nervous. Good luck to you and hope fully see you there.
Reply 4
Hi,
How did your interviews go? I hope they went well. For the maths test did you use a calculator - I have an interview coming up with Keele?
Reply 5
Hi, have any of you had feedback yet ? Iv got my interview in 2 wks and can honestly say this is the most nervous iv ever been lol
Reply 6
Does anyone know what the accommodation for nursing and midwifery students is like?
Hiya guys. Looks like I had my interview with you on the same day. Did any of you get successful? Sadly I didn't, but I'm going to Chester now! Shame, because I really loved the campus, and actually enjoyed being with you guys (The Chester candidates kind of ignored me :frown: )
Reply 8
I have a interview soon, has anyone got any advice?
Reply 9
Just practice your maths skills! Be chatty to other people and ask questions in the q&a session. Be yourself. Oh make sure that you take all of your qualification certificates as they need them before offering you a place! Had my interview in November and got offered a place so anything you want to ask go or it!:-)
Reply 10
is the maths tests hard? and is the interview normal questions like why do you want to be a nurse, and the qualities you have ect and is the Q&A the group activity?
sorry for so many questions haha
Reply 11
It's not hard maths but it's the simple maths that if you've left school a while you probably don't remember. It's the normal times, division and all that but then mainly focuses on decimals and moving them, converting percentages, fractions and ratios, and a lot of converting mg to g and ml to l etc. On most uni websites, especially Coventry they have sample tests so have a look what they're like:-)
Yes all of those normal questions as well as a lot of scenarios, no the group interview is a scenario and you just have to discuss it whilst people make notes. Make sure you make your voice hear but don't overpower or interrupt. Make relevant points and try to include legislations and things to sound smart.
The q&a is with other students but remember that you are always being assessed even when you're just sitting down so be chatty to everyone.

Don't worry I was the same when I had my interviews, just be yourself an good luck!
Reply 12
thank you so much! In the scenarios is it just like put the patient's needs first ect
Reply 13
You're welcome, and yes just literally making sure you don't say that you would kill the patient! Just common sense so you'll be fine!
Reply 14
Okay, thank you so much for your help!
Hiya, I've got a conditional offer for mental health nursing at keele for this September. Really excited, just hope I meet my conditions :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Anaamlie
Does anyone know what the accommodation for nursing and midwifery students is like?

Have you had any info on accommodation for nursing students sept 2014 start?
I have spoken to accommodation today,I have an offer for midwifery for September 2014,the halls they are saying nursing and midwifery students are to go in is just Hawthorn...I personally would cry there :frown:....so think I'm going to be looking for private unfortunately,but I'd rather be happy where I'm living.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Is the accommodation really bad I have a offer for adult nursing but I have not been able to look at it yet
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
Have you looked at Liberty Halls in Stoke-on-Trent because I'm seriously considering that

Quick Reply

Latest