The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Oui oui, nous parlons un peu, mais c'était *obvious* que mon accent était mal :tongue: parce qu'elle ma dit que mon accent de français était très bon, et que elle pensais que j'avais les parents française :mmm: mais elle ne mentionne pas mon italien :wink:

Es mejor que mi español. I think!

Ah tu es chanceux! Je ne peux que parler français en classe. :frown: Mais jeudi dernier, il y a une fille française avec qui j'ai parlé (et j'ai chanté :lol:) en français et elle m'est compris bien!

Pienso que un accent en español es más difícil que un accent en italiano - quizás porque Mario Kart, The Godfather o el anuncio de Dolmio son populares. :lol:
Original post by aasvogel
Ah tu es chanceux! Je ne peux que parler français en classe. :frown: Mais jeudi dernier, il y a une fille française avec qui j'ai parlé (et j'ai chanté :lol:) en français et elle m'est compris bien!

Pienso que un accent en español es más difícil que un accent en italiano - quizás porque Mario Kart, The Godfather o el anuncio de Dolmio son populares. :lol:

Il y avait*

Je ne parle pas avec elle en français mais elle me comprends, je chante aussi :mmm:

Es verdad, me gusto italiano más que español pero puedo utilizar español más que italiano :frown:
Just found this :lol:

[video="youtube;-_xUIDRxdmc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_xUIDRxdmc[/video]
Original post by MangoFreak
Just found this :lol:

[video="youtube;-_xUIDRxdmc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_xUIDRxdmc[/video]

Saw that, it's quite funny :tongue:

German actually sounds okay when spoken calmly and properly :colone: (and don't say it's not properly if spoken calmly:wink:)
Saw that, it's quite funny :tongue:

German actually sounds okay when spoken calmly and properly :colone: (and don't say it's not properly if spoken calmly:wink:)

I'm perfectly aware of that Fish :colonhash: That video is satire :mmm:

Really, you're telling me that German isn't really aggressive? :lol: :hand:

NATUUUUUUURRRRWISSENSCHAFTEN
I'm perfectly aware of that Fish :colonhash: That video is satire :mmm:

Really, you're telling me that German isn't really aggressive? :lol: :hand:

NATUUUUUUURRRRWISSENSCHAFTEN

:mmm:

Well, either way, it is aggressive sounding but can sound nice!
:mmm:

Well, either way, it is aggressive sounding but can sound nice!

It may sound aggressive when thought of in the mind of an English speaker, but that's not really useful. It has different diction; to a German speaker the language which sounds "aggressive" to an English speaker may sound perfectly calm :lol:
It may sound aggressive when thought of in the mind of an English speaker, but that's not really useful. It has different diction; to a German speaker the language which sounds "aggressive" to an English speaker may sound perfectly calm :lol:

Like Thai, that is so aggressive sounding.
Like Thai, that is so aggressive sounding.

Either missing the point, or "trolling" me again :lol:
Original post by Octopus_Garden
:confused:

No, no, I wasn't trying to correct you! I am on my fourth year of learning German, and I make many, many mistakes, still.

Sorry,I just thought I had irritated you. hmm,how do you work on making less mistakes? I go over grammar and vocab as much as I can but I still forget. i.e adjective endings when in conversation and which preposition to use especially trip me up.

Either missing the point, or "trolling" me again :lol:

Why is the trolling in flying dashes?
Why is the trolling in flying dashes?

Your idea of trolling constitutes posting normally until I realise you're kidding, it seems to me (maybe I'm wrong) :lol:
Your idea of trolling constitutes posting normally until I realise you're kidding, it seems to me (maybe I'm wrong) :lol:

It's close enough :tongue:

But Thai, daaaaayuuuum, that agression.
Original post by TonksLupin
Sorry,I just thought I had irritated you. hmm,how do you work on making less mistakes? I go over grammar and vocab as much as I can but I still forget. i.e adjective endings when in conversation and which preposition to use especially trip me up.

Out loud I stutter. I haven't worked out how to remedy that.

For written work, I have a huge array of grammar books, and I read German sites, in the hope it'll rub off on me.
Original post by isklikas
Κανένα πρόβλημα, όποτε θες ρωτά με :smile: Ik wil hulp in Spaans omdat het Spaans is een nieuwe taal voor mij...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ευχαριστώ!

Oké, spreek je spaans wel?

Ask away!!
How good is your English btw? You mentioned you're Greek, have you ever lived in the UK?
Reply 8695
Original post by boumavilla
ευχαριστώ!

Oké, spreek je spaans wel?

Ask away!!
How good is your English btw? You mentioned you're Greek, have you ever lived in the UK?

Παρακαλώ :smile:

Helaas, mijn Spaans is niet goed :frown:

I don't know, do you have any tips for beginners? :smile:

I want to believe that my English are almost perfect, as I have the Cambridge CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English). :smile: Also, my school is "The British School in the Netherlands", so everything I do is normally in English. However, I've never lived in the UK, though I will hopefully live there next year, as I am a Year 13 student and I applied to the UK :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can help with GCSE level French or up to A-Level German.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8697
I saw an article in the Guardian called 'in pursuit of a polyglot nation'... did any of you see anything similar?
It was basically saying how the amount of people doing GCSE languages in the UK is quite low, so they're trying to make more people want to do them.
(I approve :tongue:)
Original post by isklikas
Παρακαλώ :smile:

Helaas, mijn Spaans is niet goed :frown:

I don't know, do you have any tips for beginners? :smile:

I want to believe that my English are almost perfect, as I have the Cambridge CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English). :smile: Also, my school is "The British School in the Netherlands", so everything I do is normally in English. However, I've never lived in the UK, though I will hopefully live there next year, as I am a Year 13 student and I applied to the UK :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm, ik leer Spaans al vijf jaar, en ik kan niet hoe ik leerde het herinneren...

We could learn Spanish and Greek respectively from scratch? At the same rate? Learning the same things as we go? :beard:

Ahhh I see. A true polyglot then. :yep: Well done on the proficiency award. :biggrin:
Where are you thinking of applying to? :holmes:

Original post by EmyJ14
I saw an article in the Guardian called 'in pursuit of a polyglot nation'... did any of you see anything similar?
It was basically saying how the amount of people doing GCSE languages in the UK is quite low, so they're trying to make more people want to do them.
(I approve :tongue:)

Damn right! :fuhrer:

As Britons so many people are too God darn lazy! :fuhrer:
(edited 10 years ago)
Check in.

I have begun to make more efforts to meet new people and gain conversational practice. I mean, I'm speaking Spanish all the time here anyway but figured it'd be good get in some more "intimate" practice, if you will.

Therefore apart from all the usual Erasmus weekly pastimes (which I'm kind of bored of now) and teaching two English sessions a week, I also have two Spanish/English over-coffee exchanges on a Thursday and have replied to a couple of ads asking for the same thing on a local community forum. I'll also be heading over to a group intercambio this evening at a local bar to see what the people are like, don't think I'll be able to make it a regular thing though because I usually have class tonight from 18:30 till 21:30, ugh :tongue:

In less successful news, my Mandarin Chinese is seriously suffering...

Latest

Trending

Trending