The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9700
I don't think anything makes me happy anymore.

Mental health: 1 - Gemma: 0

(Again)
:cry:
Original post by Gemmer_
I don't think anything makes me happy anymore.

Mental health: 1 - Gemma: 0

(Again)
:cry:

:jumphug: :Console: :jumphug: Am currently logged onto Facebook chat, if talking would help :yes:
Anyone on mirazapine? Don't know if I've spelt that right? Currently on paroxetine and I'm worried.
Original post by sunfowers01
Anyone on mirazapine? Don't know if I've spelt that right? Currently on paroxetine and I'm worried.

I was on it for a few months - are you worried about switching onto it or something? It was decent enough for side-effects with me, I just got the sedation (which wore off) and vivid dreams. A lot of other people get an increased appetite with it though.

It was fantastic for me. I pulled me out of the deepest depression I've ever had and I'd take it again in the heartbeat. It was a little sedating to start but once you find your dosage that definitely wore off for me.

My only issue was the crazy appetite. I went from being a healthy, 5-a-day veggie monster to an eating peanut butter out of the jar, takeaway every night human lump.

The weight gain was worth it but I'm having to fight to shift it all now I'm better mentally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by superwolf
I was on it for a few months - are you worried about switching onto it or something? It was decent enough for side-effects with me, I just got the sedation (which wore off) and vivid dreams. A lot of other people get an increased appetite with it though.

Original post by ParadoxSocks
It was fantastic for me. I pulled me out of the deepest depression I've ever had and I'd take it again in the heartbeat. It was a little sedating to start but once you find your dosage that definitely wore off for me.

My only issue was the crazy appetite. I went from being a healthy, 5-a-day veggie monster to an eating peanut butter out of the jar, takeaway every night human lump.

The weight gain was worth it but I'm having to fight to shift it all now I'm better mentally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your replies. My main concern is the sedating effect. I need to be able to work in the morning and evening.
Thanks for your replies. My main concern is the sedating effect. I need to be able to work in the morning and evening.

Hmm, going by my experience and that of others on here, that could be tricky for the first few days/week or so. It commonly causes people to sleep up to around 17 hours a day, although you can get used to the drug quite quickly (I think within a fortnight I was able to cope on just a little more sleep than usual).
Reply 9707
Original post by PonchoKid
Its such a good job the council talk to other departments and know whats what :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug: Hope everything else is going well for you too :smile:
Original post by avhhs
:jumphug: Hope everything else is going well for you too :smile:

Dont have a moving date and things are slowly moving after being passed around the council office thismorning... So not fun :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have been reading a thread on here that is so similar to my lifestory that it's surreal/unreal. On the one hand, it's pretty triggering to read but on the other, it kinda makes me feel I've come a long way. Still a long way to go to being over everything that's happened and to forgive, forget and move on, but maybe I'm doing better than I realised :colondollar:
Original post by Sabertooth

I'm not in the UK but am taking part, how could I resist?

Exactly.

Original post by ParadoxSocks

I've lost all academic ability and I've stopped caring. I don't even know what to do for one of my essays and I'm starting to feel sick with worry that I won't work it out before the deadline.

It is not lost, just hidden. If you want, I can tell you, how I would/should do it, ... or just chat about it ... just PM

Original post by sadpanda123
I decided to take a year out so I've been working away. What I wanted to ask was do you have any ideas what else I could do this year so I haven't *just* worked - I feel like I should do some more interesting things as well, and still find I can feel quite down/bored/anxious on my days off?

-> Thinking and reading
-> not feeling anxious on days off
-> seeing something like an island
-> sail a large sailing boat
-> learn an instrument

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

I don't think anyone, Quakers aside, are quite there on same sex marriage, are they? :no:

Lutheranians? Depending on the region, priest can live together with their partner (even being equally treated!) or even become bishops! (e.g. Stockholm)
Original post by Nathanielle

Lutheranians? Depending on the region, priest can live together with their partner (even being equally treated!) or even become bishops! (e.g. Stockholm)

Oooh, as in gay priests and bishops? That's pretty good going :biggrin: Though do they support same sex marriages, as opposed to just civil partnerships? :ninja:
Oooh, as in gay priests and bishops? That's pretty good going :biggrin: Though do they support same sex marriages, as opposed to just civil partnerships? :ninja:

My vicar from back home (church of england) is openly gay and lives with his partner :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My vicar from back home (church of england) is openly gay and lives with his partner :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The CoE is very good like that, for sure! Though afaik, it doesn't support same sex marriage anymore than my denomination (Catholicism) does. Not that I'm looking to change denominations - happy where I am - but is always good to know more about others! My RE lessons didn't cover other denominations very well :colondollar:
Though do they support same sex marriages, as opposed to just civil partnerships? :ninja:
At least they discuss it seriously and not as theoretical theological question in the future, but some regions allow to bless them during service, so I would say, they are on a good way. In addition, they support equality before the law, which at least, means that the civil partnership is supported in regard to the rights of the children, etc. But it is very difficult to say, because there exists a lot of regional differences on that matter.
Original post by Nathanielle
At least they discuss it seriously and not as theoretical theological question in the future, but some regions allow to bless them during service, so I would say, they are on a good way. In addition, they support equality before the law, which at least, means that the civil partnership is supported in regard to the rights of the children, etc. But it is very difficult to say, because there exists a lot of regional differences on that matter.

That certainly does sound encouraging :smile: Thanks for the info! :hugs:
Lots of staring at the walls has been done today. :sad: Depression 1 : Tasha 0. Ooopsy. :colondollar: Wanted to keep up my winning streak but apparently it was not meant to be. :tongue: Hoping tomorrow is better. Really want to make it in to school. :smile:
Original post by tasha96
Lots of staring at the walls has been done today. :sad: Depression 1 : Tasha 0. Ooopsy. :colondollar: Wanted to keep up my winning streak but apparently it was not meant to be. :tongue: Hoping tomorrow is better. Really want to make it in to school. :smile:

Don't worry lovely :lovehug: You're doing great :yep:
The CoE is very good like that, for sure! Though afaik, it doesn't support same sex marriage anymore than my denomination (Catholicism) does. Not that I'm looking to change denominations - happy where I am - but is always good to know more about others! My RE lessons didn't cover other denominations very well :colondollar:

Yeah it was just a big change as i live in a very small village with lots of old people that didnt like it at first, but i think its really good, however before he became our vicar some horrible man told him he wasnt aloud to help at the teenage version of sunday school because he was gay :facepalm: now hes given a big "**** you" by becoming vicar :yep:
However our last vicar smoked weed but the old biddies disnt know about that :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it was just a big change as i live in a very small village with lots of old people that didnt like it at first, but i think its really good, however before he became our vicar some horrible man told him he wasnt aloud to help at the teenage version of sunday school because he was gay :facepalm: now hes given a big "**** you" by becoming vicar :yep:
However our last vicar smoked weed but the old biddies disnt know about that :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow, sounds like it was all going on at your parish :eek: Good on the current vicar for sticking two fingers up at that guy :yep:

Latest