The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Portsmouth Offers 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Have any mature students applied if so did you have any conditions on your offer? The course I applied for was 300 ucas requirement but I only have 1 A-level. They accepted my so long as I pass my apprenticeship (which isnt really a very difficult thing to do!)
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 41
Original post by nic-nac
Me to, what are you studying ?? I do marine environmental science. We are going on a fieldtrip today !!! To Victoria park !!!!! We got all excited at the thought of another trip, then found out it was to there !!

haha wow! Sounds... exciting :L I'm studying Digital Media!

Original post by AjMiidee
What's it like at Portsmouth uni?
Like student life, night life, campus, lecture?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say the student life is great! All the clubs are on your doorstep (unless you end up in Langstone!) and the town centre is on your doorstep too, night life is great so far as there's always different events on and also reoccurring events each week (such as purple Wednesdays for social nights - cheap drinks!). Also a variety of clubs to choose from.

The lectures are great and they put the information online too so its really useful! My lecturer also gives out printed handouts!

The campus seems ok so far (I haven't been to that many yet!), They're working on the Eldon building where most of my lectures and workshops are, this also means that I have to go to temporary rooms at the student union, although that isn't too bad as it's a nice sized room with speakers/additional screen, it's a 5 minute walk too.

The area is great too, especially the sea front!
Original post by aloha_
Just got an offer for environmental science!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! Super excited.

It's probably going to be my insurance choice, unless I get rejected by Southampton and Plymouth.
Reply 43
Is anyone going in for Law??
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by suehadz
Is anyone going in for Law??
Posted from TSR Mobile

i am!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by bad_moose
Me too! Super excited.

It's probably going to be my insurance choice, unless I get rejected by Southampton and Plymouth.
Hi, I don't think I've already messaged you. I'm studying marine environmental science. My first year is completely shared with those doing just environmental science though. So if you have any questions about the uni/city/course then feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 46
I got an offer for History & Politics. Absolutely thrilled as I'm going to choose Portsmouth as my firm choice. Also I was surprised how quick Portsmouth replied. It's my only offer so far...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by Kermitt
I got an offer for History & Politics. Absolutely thrilled as I'm going to choose Portsmouth as my firm choice. Also I was surprised how quick Portsmouth replied. It's my only offer so far...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats, I might see you around, my friend studies history and we seem to be in the same are of the uni a lot.
Reply 48

OMG YESSS!
what are your predicted grades and stuff??
Original post by suehadz
OMG YESSS!
what are your predicted grades and stuff??

i had a bad year last year, but BCC. what about you?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
dude same!
i begged my teachers to bump it from CCC, to BBC
i was kinda worried about the offer with those grades!
Original post by nic-nac
Hi, I don't think I've already messaged you. I'm studying marine environmental science. My first year is completely shared with those doing just environmental science though. So if you have any questions about the uni/city/course then feel free to ask :smile:

Thanks! Are you enjoying the course? Hard, easy? Anything in particular that you'd tell a new student on the course, or anything that you wished you'd known before you went to Uni? :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by bad_moose
Thanks! Are you enjoying the course? Hard, easy? Anything in particular that you'd tell a new student on the course, or anything that you wished you'd known before you went to Uni? :smile:
I'm loving the course. I was tempted to apply for just geology or just oceanography for my ucas choices, but this course is really varied which I find really interesting. Plus whichever topics take your fancy, you can choose those kinds of modules for your optional choices in the 2nd and 3rd year. Have you looked into the trips they run for the course? In the 2nd year we go to Malta, which is free apart from food as its a compulsory module. Plus we can go to Portugal or Belize to do our dissertation !! Most of it has been pretty easy so far, but I suppose it depends on what a-levels you did. For example, my friend didn't do maths physics or chemistry, so is finding those topics a bit tricky. But I did AS maths and A2 chemistry so theyre fine for me, even the physics is.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 53
I got an offer for Geology today!!
Reply 54
Original post by Rory456
I got an offer for Geology today!!
congrats :smile: ask me anything you want. I study marine environmental science. Some of my lectures are shared with those studying geology.
anyone going to portsmouth tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by suehadz
dude same!
i begged my teachers to bump it from CCC, to BBC
i was kinda worried about the offer with those grades!

i totally understand, CCC to BCC is pretty good for me considering my horrendous AS results!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by melodyogbebor
anyone going to portsmouth tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't realise how much teenagers/parents stick out on open days until I was out and about the other week when I realised that it was the uni open day. After I realised, people on said open day stuck out like sore thumbs. I wasn't officially helping out, but I did point a couple of lost people in the right direction. I remember when I came for the open day, there were people going round in cars with the uni logo on, looking for lost people. They found me and my mum and helped us on our way as we were quite far from the uni. I always wondered how they spotted us, but after seeing people the other week, you're easy to spot !
Reply 58
Quick question, not sure if anybody can help me out. I got B, C, E, E at AS level last year. At A2, I'm predicted B, C, E, but I'm also studying extended project. Do you know if Pompey counts AS levels and extended projects in your UCAS points?
Reply 59
Original post by JayPlays
Quick question, not sure if anybody can help me out. I got B, C, E, E at AS level last year. At A2, I'm predicted B, C, E, but I'm also studying extended project. Do you know if Pompey counts AS levels and extended projects in your UCAS points?

I got in with roughly those grades ... If that's of any use to you ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending