The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Today has been so mixed. I dropped out of my course today, I just couldn't afford it, and my health was just stopping me doing any work. I feel like a failure, like I gave up. I wanted to help people so much and I don't know where to go now. I need to get a job.

On the way home I drove past a bridge. I someone and it looked like they were crying, so I stopped to see if he was okay. Literally as soon as I got there the police came behind me and the person started to run towards the highest point. I just sprinted and managed to grab them and hold them until the police caught up and handcuffed them. The police took him away after that. I just got back in my car and cried, it was like all the adrenaline just went away. I'm just at home now. I feel a bit shaken. I just need to calm down. I dunno if I did the right thing. I keep thinking about it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by bullettheory
Today has been so mixed. I dropped out of my course today, I just couldn't afford it, and my health was just stopping me doing any work. I feel like a failure, like I gave up. I wanted to help people so much and I don't know where to go now. I need to get a job.

On the way home I drove past a bridge. I someone and it looked like they were crying, so I stopped to see if he was okay. Literally as soon as I got there the police came behind me and the person started to run towards the highest point. I just sprinted and managed to grab them and hold them until the police caught up and handcuffed them. The police took him away after that. I just got back in my car and cried, it was like all the adrenaline just went away. I'm just at home now. I feel a bit shaken. I just need to calm down. I dunno if I did the right thing. I keep thinking about it.

It sounds like you did a really great thing, you may have saved someone's life. Hopefully the police will take him somewhere he can get help. It's understandable that you feel a little shaken when the burst of adrenalin wore off, maybe take it easy for a while, make a cup of tea and maybe try talking things over with someone?

I'm sorry to hear you dropped out of your course but you health should come first so try not to beat yourself up over it. You have to do what's best for you. When you're feeling better you can see whether it's still what you want to do. There's no age limit on completing the course.

Saber has said it all. Have loads of hugs though: :jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:
So i run out of meds on thursday and my mum posted some more down and sent them to the new address that we cant get keys too until the council has paid the money which could take up to 2 weeks, so i have to phone the letting agent but i cant ask my boyfriends mum to give me a lift to the new flat cos she gas no fuel in the car :s-smilie: gahhhh dunno what to do :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My placement is going fine and it's like something is clicking. I'm fine talk to teachers and students and everyone Is being lovely. I'm struggling a little with nerves occasionally and the loud class I just observed was terrifying but it just made my notes and kept myself calm and survived.

I might actually be able to be a teacher!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9745
Feeling a bit better today, I've not been sick so far so that's a bonus! Going to attempt a shower and see if I feel well enough to walk to Sainsbury's after that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
the letting agency has saved my life!
there picking my "letter" up from my mum tomorrow which has my meds in, and i can pick it up from them on thursday!

still all ill and urgh atm, BUT iv registered at the Drs today, so if by friday im still not right, ill make an appointment to see whats wrong with me.

so wish the council would hurry up with the money for the letting agent so me and my boyfriend can get moved in and settled!
Just tripped over coming up the stairs. Something like my third fall in the last month or two. Not sure if it is my meds, or if I have just become more clumsy ><
Spoilered because it's a massive rant and I dont want people to have to look at it. :frown:

Spoiler

Reply 9749
Original post by Sabertooth
I can imagine them referring you then you having to wait months, let's hope that doesn't happen. Have you seen this GP before? I'm so sorry to hear how things are getting worse for you. Have you tried duloxetine? I keep seeing ads for that and it seems to make the people on tv happier :tongue: Other than that, I'm not really sure what you can do you seem to be doing all the right things. How much exercise are you actually getting? You should see if you can get on a ketamine trial, I think you're exactly the kind of person they'd be looking for.

I don't think I can go tonight my latest excuse is the blister from my dr martens. :colondollar:

The waiting lists in Britain can be absolutely ridiculous. I waited 6 months to see someone when I started crashing again. I don't think you're being impatient, mental health problems can get a lot worse if left to fester so it seems reasonable that you want to see someone sooner rather than later.

Yeah I see a psychiatrist and psychologist. Doing CBT with the psychologist to try and address my social anxiety. You're right, it's great I can talk to people here, I don't know what I'd do otherwise. :colondollar:

I know!! Hate waiting as well :frown: Phone won't work so replying on an internet cafe, lol!! Thats good then, and I know, I don't know what I'd do without speaking to people on forums like these, it's not a topic you can easily bring up in normal day to day conversations :confused:
Original post by ParadoxSocks
My placement is going fine and it's like something is clicking. I'm fine talk to teachers and students and everyone Is being lovely. I'm struggling a little with nerves occasionally and the loud class I just observed was terrifying but it just made my notes and kept myself calm and survived.

I might actually be able to be a teacher!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:awesome: :king1: :yay:

Well chuffed for you, hun - go you :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Original post by tasha96
Spoilered because it's a massive rant and I dont want people to have to look at it. :frown:

Spoiler

:nah:

All lies from Evil Brain. Coming onto Facebook now to find you :yep:
Original post by Sabertooth
It sounds like you did a really great thing, you may have saved someone's life. Hopefully the police will take him somewhere he can get help. It's understandable that you feel a little shaken when the burst of adrenalin wore off, maybe take it easy for a while, make a cup of tea and maybe try talking things over with someone?

I'm sorry to hear you dropped out of your course but you health should come first so try not to beat yourself up over it. You have to do what's best for you. When you're feeling better you can see whether it's still what you want to do. There's no age limit on completing the course.

Yeah I slept on it and woke up this morning feeling a lot better over the incident. I think it was just the adrenaline burst but feeling much calmer over that now.

Thanks. Hopefully I can go back to it one day, I really did like it so hopefully I will get there one day. Thank you :smile:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Saber has said it all. Have loads of hugs though: :jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:

:hugs:

_______

Saw the Dr today, they are swapping my Quetiapine for Risperidone - any experiences with Risperidone?
Yeah I slept on it and woke up this morning feeling a lot better over the incident. I think it was just the adrenaline burst but feeling much calmer over that now.

Thanks. Hopefully I can go back to it one day, I really did like it so hopefully I will get there one day. Thank you :smile:

:hugs:

_______

Saw the Dr today, they are swapping my Quetiapine for Risperidone - any experiences with Risperidone?

Glad to hear you're feeling better about it. :smile:

I switched from quetiapine to risperidone a 5 weeks or so ago. I've noticed the risperidone isn't anywhere near as sedating as quetiapine. To start with I was a bit knocked out but it's worn off pretty fast as in like 4 days. Now I'm back to a normal sleeping pattern. I've also lost 12lbs (though some of that is probably the metformin) which is pretty great. Haven't really had any side effects except pretty high prolactin, which I'm seeing an endocrinologist about. It's working really well for me. Hope it works for you too.

_______

:wavey:

It made me eat and sleep. :smile: (both of which were good side effects because I wasn't doing any of either of the two. :colondollar: ) Didn't help with the hallucinations any though. :nah:
Reply 9754
I could see and can still hear The Blitz happening on the street outside my window.

Recently I've been coping okay with my hallucinations (and able to tell the difference,)

but am currently curled up under my bed hiding with my pet dog... I don't know who is hugging harder.

Just needed somewhere to tell this and my family are out, took me disappointingly long to me to write this :frown:
really really need to stay away from google :frown:

people are sugesting i may have something up with my gallbladder which is proper freaking me out :cry2:
i dont want to be ill or go to hospital :s-smilie:

boyfriends mum is gonna talk to some collegues tomorrow, and apparently i have to book a drs appointment for friday to get it checked out :s-smilie:
terrified :sadnod:
Original post by tubtub
I could see and can still hear The Blitz happening on the street outside my window.

Recently I've been coping okay with my hallucinations (and able to tell the difference,)

but am currently curled up under my bed hiding with my pet dog... I don't know who is hugging harder.

Just needed somewhere to tell this and my family are out, took me disappointingly long to me to write this :frown:

I know, very unappropriate question: You mean World War II ? If yes, are you that old ? (Okay, the last was probably extremely inappropriate and I am again a terrible person, but so curious I write it down. :frown::mad:.)

A hugging dog, so sweet ... Dogs are awesome, although they can be annoying, too. :smile:
Sorry, for the anon. Forgot to check.
Reply 9758
Original post by Anonymous
I know, very unappropriate question: You mean World War II ? If yes, are you that old ? (Okay, the last was probably extremely inappropriate and I am again a terrible person, but so curious I write it down. :frown::mad:.)

A hugging dog, so sweet ... Dogs are awesome, although they can be annoying, too. :smile:

I know right, so much love for my pet <3

my family are back.

wasn't at the blitz but fireworks outside were explosions and messing with my head.

been a stressful night but worried im becoming more delusion again but at least i've realised it quite soon this time now the fireworks have stopped.

:jumphug:
Hope your feeling a bit better now, and never forget you ARE awesome and strong :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest