The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

does anyone know what the interviews are like at Barts? do they have a MMI format or do the interviewers solely talk about your personal statement and your motivation for medicine?
Original post by science-oliver
does anyone know what the interviews are like at Barts? do they have a MMI format or do the interviewers solely talk about your personal statement and your motivation for medicine?

http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/57249.doc

Posted from TSR Mobile

has anyone still not got a confirmation email? getting really worried now!!! :frown:
Reply 523
Original post by General Maximus

That is false.

To be considered for the A100 you must apply to the A100 programme. Having said that, KCL's G/PEP follow the procedure you're referring to.

I was specifically told not to apply to both A100 and A101 as unsuccessful A101 that were still overall strong candidates were offered a A100 place, and would therefore be a "wasted" UCAS place

Thank you, from what I can gather it's just a traditional interview, which only asks about personal statement and motivation for medicine, there is no ethics involved and such like, is that correct?
Original post by science-oliver
Thank you, from what I can gather it's just a traditional interview, which only asks about personal statement and motivation for medicine, there is no ethics involved and such like, is that correct?

They give you a news article that you have to discuss which can include ethics :smile:
Reply 526
Hi, can anyone explain to me the tariff system please? Is it calculated by predicted grades, or predicted and AS grades?

I have applied this year, wishing everyone good luck :smile:
Reply 527
Original post by Kitnimohabbathai
has anyone still not got a confirmation email? getting really worried now!!! :frown:

I haven't got a confirmation email yet either :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by raveen789
They give you a news article that you have to discuss which can include ethics :smile:

Ahh I see, other than ethics, what else may you have to pick out in the news article? And other than the news article is it a traditional interview?
Original post by nimsay1
Hi, can anyone explain to me the tariff system please? Is it calculated by predicted grades, or predicted and AS grades?

I have applied this year, wishing everyone good luck :smile:

its calculated using predicted grades and the AS of the one you dropped...check out the tariff tables:

http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/explore-your-options/entry-requirements/tariff-tables

so prediction of AAA at A2 and an additional b at AS would give 120+120+120+50= 410

hope that helps! :smile:
Reply 530
Original post by Kitnimohabbathai
its calculated using predicted grades and the AS of the one you dropped...check out the tariff tables:

http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/explore-your-options/entry-requirements/tariff-tables

so prediction of AAA at A2 and an additional b at AS would give 120+120+120+50= 410

hope that helps! :smile:

Thank you for your reply!

I see that does help :smile:
Another quick question, I haven't dropped an AS, so i'm assuming that means i calculate my tariff based on my 4 predicted A2s?
Has anyone got the bloody Acknowledgement email yet?
Reply 532
Original post by star10159

A couple of weeks ago.

Yes, but it was my last out of all the unis I applied to, and did feel quite delayed.

I'd advise you call them up if it's something that concerns you, but it shouldn't mean that you're already out of consideration! A few pages back I read of someone who called them about it and apparently there's a technical glitch. Give them a ring to rectify things. I'm sure it's only a trivial issue.

I don't have it either so don't worry :smile:
Reply 535
I've just got my confirmation email :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 536
Snap, just got my confirmation 2 :biggrin:
Got it
Reply 538
does anyone know there cut off mark for this year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending