Original post by lilGem
There is so much more to it than that! we had 2 lectures on it :redface:

in theory :redface:

Oh, this is very awkward :tongue: can't say I'm surprised either
Reply 6561
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Oh, this is very awkward :tongue: can't say I'm surprised either

I'm not going to attempt to explain it just yet :redface:

they also expect us to learn all amino acid structures and properties of them :eek:
Original post by lilGem

they also expect us to learn all amino acid structures and properties of them :eek:

I wouldn't :tongue:

Hahaha oh gosh, glycine is literally the only one I know!
Reply 6563
I wouldn't :tongue:

Hahaha oh gosh, glycine is literally the only one I know!

I'm more or less okay-ish with names but that's where it ends :redface:
Original post by lucine.B
Haha people must love you! I'm assuming that's good??? Do they actually read your tweets etc.???

They're not personal ones. They're themed. I have space, sea and an architecture one.

The sea one gained over 1,500 today!
Original post by Qari
Good luck. Hopefully I will start studying now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :biggrin: And nice, have fun...or try to, at least... :erm: :tongue:
Original post by lilGem
I'm more or less okay-ish with names but that's where it ends :redface:

The names admittedly probably aren't the worst bits
Reply 6567
Original post by usycool1
Thanks! :biggrin: And nice, have fun...or try to, at least... :erm: :tongue:

I hardly study. As in I get bored too easily & I always have fun :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
They're not personal ones. They're themed. I have space, sea and an architecture one.

The sea one gained over 1,500 today!

You're into statistics then??? :lol:

Thats cool I guess like I said twitter ain't my thing :tongue:
Original post by lucine.B
You're into statistics then??? :lol:

Thats cool I guess like I said twitter ain't my thing :tongue:

Woke up and it's 12,000+
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Woke up and it's 12,000+

:congrats: I wish you well with all your sea/ land and what not followers :ahee:
Original post by lilGem

There are a few useful tricks and mnemonics but something like that will always be a pain.

Amino acids and the nitrogenous bases aren't so bad because you can learn general strucutres and then learn the specific differences (e.g. Thymine, cytosine and uracil are almost the same things, likewise once you learn the carboxylic acids then you know the related amides for the amino acids). I think the worst thing to learn in biochem is all of the intermediates for krebs' and such.

Of course the worst thing by far is having absolutely no material whatsoever for reference. I think (some) Universities give out a periodic table for Chemistry and that is pretty much it :lol:
Reply 6572
4 choices picked. One more to go... :holmes:
Reply 6573
Original post by Llewellyn
There are a few useful tricks and mnemonics but something like that will always be a pain.

Amino acids and the nitrogenous bases aren't so bad because you can learn general strucutres and then learn the specific differences (e.g. Thymine, cytosine and uracil are almost the same things, likewise once you learn the carboxylic acids then you know the related amides for the amino acids). I think the worst thing to learn in biochem is all of the intermediates for krebs' and such.

Of course the worst thing by far is having absolutely no material whatsoever for reference. I think (some) Universities give out a periodic table for Chemistry and that is pretty much it :lol:

we didn't even get a periodic table :redface:
Good luck all you BMAT/ other entrance exam-ers tomorrow! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you have the BMAT/MAT/HAT/another entry test with a rather silly name (the list of the tests are in the link below) tomorrow, please note that the exams can't be discussed until 5pm on Thursday. See this announcement for more info: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=80&a=1360

Secondly, if you have GCSE resits in Maths or English later this week, the usual rules apply for Edexcel exams. See the link below for more info.

Aaaaaannnd, if you're doing IB exams, you'll need to wait 24 hours before you can discuss your exams. See here for more information: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=38&a=1355

Thanks, and good luck! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6576
I'm sitting the GOAT tomorrow, hoping to read Animal Studies at Oxford. :cool:
Original post by Pandora.
I'm sitting the GOAT tomorrow, hoping to read Animal Studies at Oxford. :cool:

That's amazing, I really wish this existed! Although I think PAT is quite a cool one actually.... Pity it's for physics not postmen :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
From GCSE to AS, we were always taught how to simplify fractions. Now at A2 they want us to express them as partial fraction? WHY?
From GCSE to AS, we were always taught how to simplify fractions. Now at A2 they want us to express them as partial fraction? WHY?

To be able to integrate it later. :tongue:

Latest