The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6600
good luck to everyone taking an entrance exam tomorrow you're all wonderful people who deserve every goodness :hugs:

also congratulations to offer holders :woo:
Original post by Lucy96

:jumphug: thank you thank you thank you :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug: You're welcome! :woo: The fireworks are there for you babe :ahee: :awesome: :lol:
Original post by Prinz655
And now MAT tommorow :frown:

I have the BMAT :s-smilie: we can get through it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6603
Original post by g.k.galloway
It is a pain but yes hopefully I'll be okay :smile:

I've applied to Imperial, Newcastle, Leicester and Hull-York :smile:

Erggh mocks, I have mine in January, not a fun thought!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, nice mix, good luck! :smile:

Ah, we have mocks now AND in January hahah, being overworked much!
Original post by elliebray
theory would be easier to do alone, yeah.
I just can't stop getting new instruments ahaha - choir is awesome, singing is probably my first instrument.

I'm applying to Oxford, Durham, KCL, Birmingham and Bristol :smile:

Thought so, although hopefully the teacher in school will agree to help me too :biggrin: I will get another one when I have the money, took long enough to save up for the saxophone though plus birthday and christmas from a few people! I've never had lessons or anything singing-wise, but love doing it.

Wow- high choices! I'd love to go to Durham, the others are all nice too as far as I've seen. Do you have an entrance test tomorrow then if you're applying to Oxford? Not sure if there's a music one or not tbh! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zigggyy.
Ah, nice mix, good luck! :smile:

Ah, we have mocks now AND in January hahah, being overworked much!

It took me forever to decide on my choices!!!
That's really harsh! I'm sure you'll be okay :smile: good luck with them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6606
Original post by g.k.galloway
I have the BMAT :s-smilie: we can get through it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed we can :biggrin:
Reply 6607
Original post by lilGem
good luck to everyone taking an entrance exam tomorrow you're all wonderful people who deserve every goodness :hugs:

also congratulations to offer holders :woo:

thank you v much :biggrin:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
So why simplify it in the first place? Plus couldn't we just use the quotient rule anyways?

Quotient rule is for differentiation not integration.
Original post by Lucy96
I JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM LIVERPOOL, MY FAVOURITE ONE :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done :smile:, so is that your firm?
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Well done :smile:, so is that your firm?

Thank you :biggrin: I think so. I love York's too but at the moment I do think Liverpool's surpasses it. I'll wait until I go to the visit days to fully decide, though! :tongue:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
From GCSE to AS, we were always taught how to simplify fractions. Now at A2 they want us to express them as partial fraction? WHY?

To integrate after :tongue: some are easier or only possible that way.

I love speaking them in the native country but learning the A level syllabus is a bit boring at times.

Aah true that, AS is so boring :redface:
Original post by Lucy96
Thank you :biggrin: I think so. I love York's too but at the moment I do think Liverpool's surpasses it. I'll wait until I go to the visit days to fully decide, though! :tongue:

I see, so how many do you have now? :wink:
aw that's cool! :smile: same here, though violin is close behind. I'm grade 8 distinction violin, grade 8 merit clarinet, grade 7 distinction voice (I took this a while ago) and grade 7 distinction piano - the rest I just learn for fun.
applying for music at Oxford (Queen's), Durham, KCL, Birmingham and Bristol. how about you?

Mmm, great! I've got grade 8 distinction in the voice, trombone, piano, violin, cello, both alto & soprano sax, french horn and well for grade 8 that's it XD
Yeah I play all my other instruments for fun too, though for most of them I have gotten up to grade 7 in them and the others are of grade 7 standard :smile:
Great choices! I wish you well with those, hows your application going???
I don't intend to apply for music, though my dream is to be a singer-songwriter!
Lucy96

Yo, congrats on the Liverpool offer! :cool: :woo:
Quotient rule is for differentiation not integration.

Yep, mentioned earlier that I didn't realise it said integration :lol:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
To integrate after :tongue: some are easier or only possible that way.

Such a long subject :frown:
I see, so how many do you have now? :wink:

Just the two! How's yours going? :smile:
Original post by Felix Felicis
Yo, congrats on the Liverpool offer! :cool: :woo:

Aw thank you so much :biggrin:
Reply 6617
Original post by Lucy96
I JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM LIVERPOOL, MY FAVOURITE ONE :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hooray!!! :woohoo:

Really well done! :biggrin:
Good luck with the entrance exams tomorrow everyone.

Just some last minute advice - although it may seem obvious - if you get stuck then move on straight away. This is especially important for exams where the median mark is around 60% or below. Not only will this ensure you answer all the questions you can do but returning to questions after a few minutes can help put a new perspective on the problem.

Also if it goes badly then don't worry too much. And don't discuss the exams before the rules permit :tongue:
Reply 6619
My physics teacher said my target is an A but on the report they sent home my target is a B and Chemistry my target is B/A but on report it is a D. Do I speak to my teachers about this considering I am applying for minimum ABB course?
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest