The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

I would like to know what are the consequences for those students who get rejected from all the courses they applied to universities via UCAS....
For example say I don't receive any offers from the courses I wanted,what's the next step I can take?

Because I think it's quite unfair to give a student a conditional offer/interview based on their target grades. What if I would like to Resit all my AS this year...
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 361
what are your predicted grades and what do you want to do?
ABCD

and I would like to do Pharmacy Foundation year or Life sciences foundation year at the university of Manchester
Original post by zainooba_DZ
ABCD

and I would like to do Pharmacy Foundation year or Life sciences foundation year at the university of Manchester

Hey, you can always try clearing?
I've been worried to, my grades were awful and I'm resitting most of them. So, I'm just going to pray I get offers.. if I don't, I'm going to go for clearing and see if there are any courses I'd do. (Look on UCAS about clearing, it's where universities try to get rid of empty spaces on their courses.)
If I don't find anything, I'll take a gap year. Depending on my grades, I'll either go back and do another year of college to improve my grades, or spend it working and volunteering, trying to bulk up my personal statement doing course relevant things.
Original post by abbiemac
Hey, you can always try clearing?
I've been worried to, my grades were awful and I'm resitting most of them. So, I'm just going to pray I get offers.. if I don't, I'm going to go for clearing and see if there are any courses I'd do. (Look on UCAS about clearing, it's where universities try to get rid of empty spaces on their courses.)
If I don't find anything, I'll take a gap year. Depending on my grades, I'll either go back and do another year of college to improve my grades, or spend it working and volunteering, trying to bulk up my personal statement doing course relevant things.

But don't you think that's quite risky?
Original post by krishio
what are your predicted grades and what do you want to do?

ABCD

But don't you think that's quite risky?

What, the clearing or the gap year..? It is risky but if you've got no other choice with no offers what can you do?
Reply 367
Hi im planning to apply for pharmacy at Manchester too. My as grades at AS were ACCD. i will be resitting exams too to boost my grades. do you think i'd be offered a place?? :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
What, the clearing or the gap year..? It is risky but if you've got no other choice with no offers what can you do?

OH I'm sorry I didn't quite make that clear,I was just thinking that clearing can be quite risky, It is all about luck I think. :smile:
OH I'm sorry I didn't quite make that clear,I was just thinking that clearing can be quite risky, It is all about luck I think. :smile:

Yeah, definitely! Fingers crossed we get offers :P have you got any back up plans?
Yeah, definitely! Fingers crossed we get offers :P have you got any back up plans?

Yeah hopefully! (Y) my backup would be Radiography and Medicinal Chemistry at the Uni of Salford.

how about yourself?
how about yourself?

Not really, just going to see how it goes :P the only course I want to do is Neuroscience, and the only university with lower entry requirements than the rest is one I really don't want to go to, so I'd end up redoing it all anyway :P I don't even want to think about that, only sent off my application today D:
Oh did you! :biggrin: That's great! I don't want to send mine off yet, am I wrong in doing so or do you recommend if I send it before the end of November?
Original post by Origami Bullets
Has anyone been watching Fresh Meat? New series started last night! It's filmed in Manchester and they do sometimes use UoM as a filming location

Yes! It's hilarious xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Faye_m
Girls who have interviews: what are u wearing?

A black dress with tights and a blazer. The smart casual kind, I don't want to appear too formal. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 376
Original post by KayK
Hi, if you don't mind me asking, when did you get it?

I'm panicking a bit now.

Don't panic! 31st October, and I sent off on 15th.
Got any offers yet? :smile:
Reply 377
Original post by aliakhan
Whoooohooo!!! Finally!! :mmm:Someone else has got an offer- i was beginning to feel lonely xx :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha WOOOO. I considered applying for law with criminology. Got other offers?
Hey guys! I've not seen a thread for 2014 applicants to Manchester University, so I thought I'd make one!

If you're applying, which course are you applying for? Have you been to any open days yet? Is it your first choice?
Oh did you! :biggrin: That's great! I don't want to send mine off yet, am I wrong in doing so or do you recommend if I send it before the end of November?

There are a few speculations that earlier applications get a bit more consideration and you're more likely to get an offer. In my opinion, try and send it off as quickly as you can, but there's no real rush. Make sure you're 100% happy with it before you send it, there's no point sending it off early if you're not happy with it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest