The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Is the interview format just the candidate with two people in a room ?

in other words, it hasn't changed and is just the same as before?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 241
I got an interview today for the 26th at 9.40am!

I also received the email at 9:40 too :O

My last name begins with an 'S'
Reply 242
Original post by Sukura
I got an interview today for the 26th at 9.40am!

I also received the email at 9:40 too :O

My last name begins with an 'S'

congrats! When did you send off your application?
Reply 243
Original post by Angelica.
Hmm I thought my stats were okay looks like ps let me down!!

Don't right yourself off this soon! I knew people in my sixth form last year who got interviews in January for Liverpool. (And their last names began with M and B) lol. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 244
Original post by tanb
congrats! When did you send off your application?

Probably October 10th is when my school sent it out? :smile:

So yeah kind of on the late side. I'm very happy. Thank you thank you thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 245
Original post by Rumschpringe
Well done!! :biggrin:

I sent off mine the day before both of you :frown:

So you don't have it yet too?
:frown: lets just keep waiting, and pray for it to come ASAP! :frown:..
Hey guys have any of you started preparing for your interview yet? If so which books/courses are you using to prepare yourself ?
Also is anyone using the ICS interview book because apparently it was published in 2006 which means it must be pretty out of date with the ethical and legal information so is there any point in using it ? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 247
hey there! just wondering if anyone else has had interview offers yet? if so when? :biggrin:
Reply 248
Original post by Rumschpringe
It sounds like those with high academics & predictions are getting interviews first, which makes sense

i don't think so, i have an interview for the 19th but my GCSE is only 6A* 4A
for AS i only got ABBB, i think they score your PS and then rank it.
Reply 249
Original post by aishaahmed96
Hey guys have any of you started preparing for your interview yet? If so which books/courses are you using to prepare yourself ?
Also is anyone using the ICS interview book because apparently it was published in 2006 which means it must be pretty out of date with the ethical and legal information so is there any point in using it ? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have the ISC medical book. It depends which edition you get as to how recent it is. Mine was first printed in July 2013 and is up to date with NHS reforms and things like that. For the most part it doesn't really matter as most of the stuff it covers are quite general e.g. personal qualities, why medicine, ethical issues etc. I would highly recommend it it's been my main source for interview preparation. My interview is the 20th :smile:
Original post by mishasg
i don't think so, i have an interview for the 19th but my GCSE is only 6A* 4A
for AS i only got ABBB, i think they score your PS and then rank it.

6A*4A still gives a GCSE point total of 18 which is the highest you an score!
Plus Liverpool work on predicted A2 grades rather than AS grades- they state in their guidelines that the minimum A2 prediction they require is AAB, with a B in a fourth AS level.

So your GCSE score, PS and predicted are all used together

Posted from TSR Mobile
i got all a's and a*'s at gcse, AABB at AS, and projected AAA, still haven't heard anything:frown:
Reply 252
Original post by HiThere123:)
i got all a's and a*'s at gcse, AABB at AS, and projected AAA, still haven't heard anything:frown:

Ima. Resit app with 4a* 7a and alevels of AABb with some extenuating circumstances .

Also haven't heard anything . Hope all the nov and dec interview are not finished .

Reallllly hope to hear from Liverpool with an interview it's such a great med school.

Where else have you applied

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mutlibd1
Ima. Resit app with 4a* 7a and alevels of AABb with some extenuating circumstances .

Also haven't heard anything . Hope all the nov and dec interview are not finished .

Reallllly hope to hear from Liverpool with an interview it's such a great med school.

Where else have you applied

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brisol, leeds and sheffield, you? I hate all this waiting, never been so scared of my emails haha!
Reply 254
Brisol, leeds and sheffield, you? I hate all this waiting, never been so scared of my emails haha!

I know it's agonising ! I'm applying to Lancaster Exeter and Plymouth also . Liverpool are my only choice that have started interviewing and although its early days I distill feel I'm gonna get rejecte again !

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know it's agonising ! I'm applying to Lancaster Exeter and Plymouth also . Liverpool are my only choice that have started interviewing and although its early days I distill feel I'm gonna get rejecte again !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully they'll just hand out interviews at random!
Reply 256
Hopefully they'll just hand out interviews at random!

I know right ! Would be happy to knee they haven't seen my application. Lol would
Mean they haven't made there mind up and rejected me :wink: but yeh I guess we just gotta wait and see .

Good luck anway

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know right ! Would be happy to knee they haven't seen my application. Lol would
Mean they haven't made there mind up and rejected me :wink: but yeh I guess we just gotta wait and see .

Good luck anway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you too!
Reply 258
Original post by aishaahmed96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Theres a new version published this year , just search for 2nd edition on amazon :smile: I think its really useful but have to be careful not to get all my information from there-I'm also researching on my own through the news, and debating ethical issues with fellow medic hopefuls :biggrin:
Reply 259
any interviews today?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending