The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by Dr. Django
Im not actually a med student, I'm in year 13 but I've applied there :smile: The campus is nice, the student union looks awesome and by the time you start there'll be a brand new medical school building :O From my friends in the year above it seems to be tough going, but they're all having a blast too :smile: You'll have to find a current student to ask though!

Okk well good luck with the whole process, my bro is going though all the cambridge application now.
What stage are you at application/offer wise?
Reply 641
Haha! English was my favourite subject so I only have fond memories :biggrin:

Fair enough, i still have not got my head around how when a writer says something is red it means fear ect ext? he could just want to make it red?
Original post by rory-sjs
Fair enough, i still have not got my head around how when a writer says something is red it means fear ect ext? he could just want to make it red?

That was my whole problem with english... I take things far too literally.
Reply 643
Original post by Amyk89
That was my whole problem with english... I take things far too literally.

I'm glad you see it the same way.....
I'm glad you see it the same way.....

Its why I did the sciences and maths at A level
Okk well good luck with the whole process, my bro is going though all the cambridge application now.
What stage are you at application/offer wise?

Cheers :smile: Med offers dont come for ages! The unis are only being sent our UKCAT results this week! Interviews happen any time between November and March, some places offer prior to march but the majoirty (I believe) leave us hanging till march :/

Haha you've just got to bs :wink:

also...talking of red...

ARSSSEEEEEENAAAAALL!
Reply 646
Cheers :smile: Med offers dont come for ages! The unis are only being sent our UKCAT results this week! Interviews happen any time between November and March, some places offer prior to march but the majoirty (I believe) leave us hanging till march :/

Haha you've just got to bs :wink:

also...talking of red...

ARSSSEEEEEENAAAAALL!

was a good mach, but I'm a Chelsea boy
was a good mach, but I'm a Chelsea boy

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :tongue:
Reply 648

josé is god.

yes! another fellow gooner. high five :biggrin: coyg

I was literally running and screaming around the house, Ramsay is living the dream haha
Original post by P I E R E
yes! another fellow gooner. high five :biggrin: coyg

I was literally running and screaming around the house, Ramsay is living the dream haha

Of course, by FAR the greatest team the world has ever seen :wink:

Haha I was going mental, mum thought someone had broken into the house :tongue:

this is our season :smile:
It's good to see how quickly things can go from medicine to soccer :smile:.
Original post by purple and gold

:tongue:, Leicester is awesome guys :wink:

Hopefully we'll hear about interviews (at LEicester or anywhere) in the next 2 weeks and then this thang will really be in motion :biggrin:
:tongue:, Leicester is awesome guys :wink:

Hopefully we'll hear about interviews (at LEicester or anywhere) in the next 2 weeks and then this thang will really be in motion :biggrin:

Yeah, hope you're right.
and Leicester is a great place , the university is awesome :smile:
Of course, by FAR the greatest team the world has ever seen :wink:

Haha I was going mental, mum thought someone had broken into the house :tongue:

this is our season :smile:

I have got a good feeling too :biggrin:

random question but why do you call it soccer? not saying there is anything wrong with saying it that way, is it where you are from or..? and where else are you applying too? :P
I have got a good feeling too :biggrin:

random question but why do you call it soccer? not saying there is anything wrong with saying it that way, is it where you are from or..? and where else are you applying too? :P

I am Irish and was in Ireland for 10 years and then moved to UK to complete my a levels :smile: they call it soccer there so I guess I'm used to it. But I remember that in UK it's called football. I am applying to Leicester , newcastle, Manchester and Sheffield.

what about you where have you applied and have you heard anything back?
I am Irish and was in Ireland for 10 years and then moved to UK to complete my a levels :smile: they call it soccer there so I guess I'm used to it. But I remember that in UK it's called football. I am applying to Leicester , newcastle, Manchester and Sheffield.

what about you where have you applied and have you heard anything back?

Ah! An Irishman! nice nice :smile:

I'm applying to 2 of yours (Leicester and Newcastle) and also Nottingham (1st choice) and HYMS.

Haven't heard anything from those choices although I have got an offer for Biomedicine at UEA (5th choice).
Sent a revised personal statement more tailored to biomedicine at their request and got an offer back in the hour! hahaha :biggrin:
Ah! An Irishman! nice nice :smile:

I'm applying to 2 of yours (Leicester and Newcastle) and also Nottingham (1st choice) and HYMS.

Haven't heard anything from those choices although I have got an offer for Biomedicine at UEA (5th choice).
Sent a revised personal statement more tailored to biomedicine at their request and got an offer back in the hour! hahaha :biggrin:

Congrats on the offer :biggrin:, do you think that newcastle and Leicester will start giving out interviews next week?

and newcastle and leicester have received and possibly are still receiving UKCAT scores this week and this weekend and maybe into next week. they are currently processing applications with all the final details, such as the aforementioned ukcat scores, coming together and will probably start sending out invites for interview between now and february. first invites will go out next week! but i wouldn't worry if you are not the first because there are loads of applicants and they can't go sending them all out at once.

and newcastle and leicester have received and possibly are still receiving UKCAT scores this week and this weekend and maybe into next week. they are currently processing applications with all the final details, such as the aforementioned ukcat scores, coming together and will probably start sending out invites for interview between now and february. first invites will go out next week! but i wouldn't worry if you are not the first because there are loads of applicants and they can't go sending them all out at once.

Is it final that the first invites are given out next week?

Quick Reply

Latest