The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

can anyone direct me to a current history A-level thread please?
Original post by robin1125
Did any other Bristol applicants who haven't got an offer yet receive an email from Bristol saying they're still considering the application?

[INDENT]do you mean the one where you have to log onto a bristol website and set a username etc?[/INDENT]

Original post by cheeversamy
[INDENT]do you mean the one where you have to log onto a bristol website and set a username etc?[/INDENT]

No, it was titled "Update on your application"
Anybody got a rejection yet?
Original post by robin1125
No, it was titled "Update on your application"

Nope, they received mine on the 9th and I didn't get this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1945
Original post by Millerman
Im taking maths, further maths, history and economics. Are theses okay?

They sound like a really strong combination. I assume you're thinking about applying next year? Good luck!
Original post by Dilzo999
Anybody got a rejection yet?

Yeah, I got,from Exeter :frown:
Original post by North Wolf

Unlucky son, chin up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1948

Was it an ambitious choice of yours? :frown:

Any other places you got as back up ?
Original post by Jkizer
Was it an ambitious choice of yours? :frown:

Any other places you got as back up ?

Ambitious is Warwick. Got offers from Nottingham and Sussex. Felt surprised, cause cut of for Nottingham was (36-38) and for Exeter it was lower (34-36).

What were your results? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by mahatma ghandi
Unlucky son, chin up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, unlucky coz I got rejection from a good uni. But I got Nottingham and Sussex as backup. Warwick is the hope I left. Atleast you got offer from Exeter, that's good.
(edited 10 years ago)
Applied on Tuesday for Economics BSc at Manchester, Queen Mary, Royal Holloway and Surrey, and for Finance with Management at Westminster. Really hope my college get it together and send my form off tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, unlucky coz I got rejection from a good uni. But I got Nottingham and Sussex as backup. Warwick is the hope I left. Atleast you got offer from Exeter, that's good.

Nottingham is a great uni so you have no reason to despair, I'm still waiting to hear from them, you've done well to already have an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ValLem
Just got a mail from Manchester asking for more information !

Are you applying for the BSc? What have they asked for from you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mahatma ghandi
Nottingham is a great uni so you have no reason to despair, I'm still waiting to hear from them, you've done well to already have an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, no my predicted grades are not that great (my school has insanely lowered my predicted for unknown reasons), might be due to PS. I got offer from Nottingham 3 weeks ago, you might get decision soon. What all univs you have applied and what you intend to make firm and insurance? :smile:
Thanks, no my predicted grades are not that great (my school has insanely lowered my predicted for unknown reasons), might be due to PS. I got offer from Nottingham 3 weeks ago, you might get decision soon. What all univs you have applied and what you intend to make firm and insurance? :smile:

Oxford, Warwick, Nottingham and Lancaster as insurance, Warwick would be the dream but I'm more than happy with Exeter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I was just wondering if anyone reckons I'll get an offer from nottingham being only predicted AAA

Its my joint first choice with exeter and id love to go there!

as-aabb (maths,econ,chem and physics, dropped physics)
GCSE's - 4a*s 4as and 1 b
Decent personal statement (i think) and also doing epq
In the prospectus it said their typical offer is A*AA-AAA but everyone on here seems to be applying with A*AA or better :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by esr33
They sound like a really strong combination. I assume you're thinking about applying next year? Good luck!

yeah applying october time. I wana apply to oxford or cambridge but some people i know are saying my GCSE grades(which i think are good)aren't good enough for economics at oxford
Original post by adamsandler
Hi I was just wondering if anyone reckons I'll get an offer from nottingham being only predicted AAA

Its my joint first choice with exeter and id love to go there!

as-aabb (maths,econ,chem and physics, dropped physics)
GCSE's - 4a*s 4as and 1 b
Decent personal statement (i think) and also doing epq
In the prospectus it said their typical offer is A*AA-AAA but everyone on here seems to be applying with A*AA or better :frown:

There lower grade offer is for students with circumstances. I emailed them about the lower economics offer a while back and there response was:

Dear NedStark

Thank you for your email. Our standard offer is A*AA/A*ABB. The lower offer is generally made to those who fall under the Widening Participation umbrella, including those who attend schools which rarely send students to university, or those have backgrounds or circumstances which would make it more of a challenge for them to attain the highest grades. Also those who have extenuating circumstances like serious illness, caring for a family member, etc.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards

Jo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending