The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The languages with a different alphabet would be taught from books and zee interwebs?
'cause unfortunately there are not enough qualified teachers of 'non traditional' languages to go around for all! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by EmyJ14
Thank you very much :biggrin: That's very helpful!

Just another little question- where you're saying insert month, is that in numbers or January, February etc?

Not the same person who answered you last but,

It's in numbers. In Mandarin you'd list them as "1 month, 2 month, 3 month" etc. Also you start from the biggest amount with dates so "year, month, day"

So for example today would be: 2013年11月07号.
Original post by EmyJ14
That sounds like a good idea, but choosing it would be really hard... :holmes:

Ja, actually, this is a very good plan. Although four/five languages might be too much for some people, maybe sticking with a minimum of two, one with this alphabet and one with a different alphabet? Then those who find it easier or want to do more can choose to do so?

Either way we need more languages.

They don't do all, just one of those 4 (Welsh in Wales too)!
Reply 8723
Original post by Beige_Angel
Not the same person who answered you last but,

It's in numbers. In Mandarin you'd list them as "1 month, 2 month, 3 month" etc. Also you start from the biggest amount with dates so "year, month, day"

So for example today would be: 2013年11月07号.

Oh, thank you :smile:

Original post by L'Evil Fish
They don't do all, just one of those 4 (Welsh in Wales too)!

Oh, I understand! :biggrin:
Reply 8724
Haven't posted in here for a while...

I may have just registered for the Physics and Chemistry qualifications I need to apply for Medicine here. Here's hoping no small details stop me now!
Original post by Ronove

I may have just registered for the Physics and Chemistry qualifications I need to apply for Medicine here. Here's hoping no small details stop me now!

Bonne chance!
Original post by Ronove

Das ist wunderschön! I have had a multi-disciplinary day of OU German assessments, a Chemistry class and helping (or possibly hindering) someone with their year 9/10 French homework.
Reply 8727
Original post by boumavilla
Hmmm, ik leer Spaans al vijf jaar, en ik kan niet hoe ik leerde het herinneren...

We could learn Spanish and Greek respectively from scratch? At the same rate? Learning the same things as we go? :beard:

Ahhh I see. A true polyglot then. :yep: Well done on the proficiency award. :biggrin:
Where are you thinking of applying to? :holmes:

Damn right! :fuhrer:

As Britons so many people are too God darn lazy! :fuhrer:

Sure, I would be happy to do that :wink: It's just that I don't have much time because I am a senior... Thanks :smile: I am applying for medicine, if you want to know my choices, tell me and I will send you a message because I want to keep the privacy of UCAS :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8728
Original post by Octopus_Garden
Good news: after a solid week spent doing French, French is growing on me, and I don't hate it (as much) any more.

Bad news: my German is dreadful, and I keep inserting French words in. Also I can't decide whether it should be"jedoch ist London" or "jedoch London ist" now.

That's the trick :wink: My French teacher advises me to listen to French TV/Radio as I am fluent after 10 years of doing French :wink: Doing this actually helps you a lot. For me, this didn't increase my vocabulary, but it did improve my accent, that was a bit dreadful in the beginning of last year :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Esto me parece bastante *enjoyable*! Je veux participer aussi ! *I don't speak german but oh well* algo aprenderé *grâce à cette idée* :biggrin:

Je parle français, español and english :tongue:

À tout à l'heure!
Reply 8730
Sometimes I get frustrated that my fluency in French isn't more profound, easy to forget it's only been 4 months since I started. Now I'm amazed at the progress in such a short time.

Assuming the final year of my degree doesn't hinder my progress too much, hoping to be quite fluent by the time it hits a year.

Wonder what language I'll learn next :daydreaming: or if I'll even bother to learn another.
Reply 8731
Qualcuno che fa / ha fatto il GCSE italiano: come complesso dovrebbe essere l'esame scritto? Vorrei un A* e non sono certo che cosa devo fare...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
Qualcuno che fa / ha fatto il GCSE italiano: come complesso dovrebbe essere l'esame scritto? Vorrei un A* e non sono certo che cosa devo fare...

Posted from TSR Mobile

EmyJ14 did it! Ask her :smile:
Original post by thatitootoo
What are you taking now? GCSE/AS/überhaupt nichts?

I might be doing French A2 this year :colone:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I might be doing French A2 this year :colone:
:eek:

How do you have time to do all these subjects and stack up 40,000 posts on TSR?
:eek:

How do you have time to do all these subjects and stack up 40,000 posts on TSR?

:dontknow:

Just picked up DVDs for a possible exposé...

Le grand voyage ou Au revoir les enfants.

:lol: Ich hatte nur die Lust, 'Jajajaja' zu sagen.
Aber weil du es wissen willst...I've developed a brand new plan...I THINK...THIS IS GOING TO BE THE ONE! :wink: & No GCSEs involved :tongue:

(edited 10 years ago)
There are GCSEs involved, but they are not the core focus of zee plan der Tootooplanners

Latest

Trending

Trending