The Student Room Group

Chemistry Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Coral Reafs
how did they send you the invite? email or post?

hey, have you heard anything from UCL yet?
Original post by Nitrogen

naw man. Have you?
how did they send you the invite? email or post?

Email. :smile:

hey did you apply last year?

if so, wat were your choices and what made u re-apply?
Yh. It was about 2/3 weeks ago. I got invited to a 'pre offer visit day' and I had to register the date I was going on the Bristol VIP thing. There was a couple of days that I got to choose from and they ranged from the start of Nov to the end of Nov.

How do Bristol contact you about the visit day? is it through their VIP portal thingy?

Or is it through email?

and if it's through the VIP thing, is it under myevents/interviews section??
Reply 385
Got a letter from Sheffield inviting me "for an informative visit and interview, during which we will provide you with the conditions of the offer" :biggrin: That kind of sounds like I'll be getting an offer? :dance:
Edit: it's on 26th November
Original post by Gotzz
Got a letter from Sheffield inviting me "for an informative visit and interview, during which we will provide you with the conditions of the offer" :biggrin: That kind of sounds like I'll be getting an offer? :dance:
Edit: it's on 26th November

Sounds like it to me! Congrats! :biggrin:
Reply 387
Original post by ethery
Sounds like it to me! Congrats! :biggrin:

Thank you!
Original post by knope
Cardiff are unlikely to asking the same questions as Oxford in terms of difficulty, and overall try not to worry about it too much as they'll never give you an impossible question. From what I gather they'll mainly want to see that you want to be there studying chemistry and perhaps how you think, as gauged by asking some chemistry questions. A wrong answer wouldn't kill your chances or anything like that, nerves are to be expected and they're looking for the best in you. :smile:

Are you coming from quite far away?

That's very true. I just know that I'll panic & forget everything I know :')

Birmingham. Are you?
Reply 389
Has anyone else had one of these letters from Sheffield? Does it mean I have an offer?
hey did you apply last year?

if so, wat were your choices and what made u re-apply?

naw man. Have you?

How do Bristol contact you about the visit day? is it through their VIP portal thingy?

Or is it through email?

and if it's through the VIP thing, is it under myevents/interviews section??

Ive heard that UCL has already started interviewing people, do you know how many interview dates thats already been past?

I did apply last year, but I didnt get in. I got an interview last year, even though my AS grades were rubbish - BCCE. Well its a long story, but I got AAC in Maths, Chemistry and Economics respectively on results day, so I decided to do an extra year at college and retake Econ and take the full further maths A-Level in 1 year. I saw that you applied to Imperial too.

Bristol would send you an email regarding the interview. They would give you a few days and you get to pick when to attend your interview. The interview days would either be a tuesday or thursday. You use the VIP thing to confirm the date you'll be attending the interview.
Ive heard that UCL has already started interviewing people, do you know how many interview dates thats already been past?

I did apply last year, but I didnt get in. I got an interview last year, even though my AS grades were rubbish - BCCE. Well its a long story, but I got AAC in Maths, Chemistry and Economics respectively on results day, so I decided to do an extra year at college and retake Econ and take the full further maths A-Level in 1 year. I saw that you applied to Imperial too.

Bristol would send you an email regarding the interview. They would give you a few days and you get to pick when to attend your interview. The interview days would either be a tuesday or thursday. You use the VIP thing to confirm the date you'll be attending the interview.

Ah damn man I'm sorry to hear about your C :/

what were you predicted last year?

Do you mean you didn't get in after not meeting your offer conditions or that you got rejected after your interview?

If you don't mind me asking, what did they ask you at interview last year and when did you have it?

What was your 4th subject?
Original post by geor
Has anyone been to a bristol visit day? What is the "informal chat" like? :smile:

Your inbox is full :tongue:

The one on the 5th was the first one.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by theCreator
Your inbox is full :tongue:

If it's about the Bristol visit day... I'd appreciate a PM too? :colondollar:

If not, continue with your day. Pretend this did not happen. :tongue:
Original post by ethery
If it's about the Bristol visit day... I'd appreciate a PM too? :colondollar:

If not, continue with your day. Pretend this did not happen. :tongue:

No, I haven't yet chosen a date for the Bristol visit day anyway :smile:
No, I haven't yet chosen a date for the Bristol visit day anyway :smile:

Oh, I see! I haven't had an acknowledgment from them yet. C'mon Bristol! :P
Ah damn man I'm sorry to hear about your C :/

what were you predicted last year?

Do you mean you didn't get in after not meeting your offer conditions or that you got rejected after your interview?

If you don't mind me asking, what did they ask you at interview last year and when did you have it?

What was your 4th subject?

I was predicted AAB, I got offers from all of my other choices. I don't think UCL thought my predictions was realistic, which is understandable. I got rejected after interview.

They just ask questions based on my personal statement. If you get invited for an interview make sure you know the topics thats you wrote about in your PS inside out.

My 4th subject was computing :P

The one on the 5th was the first one.

Right thanks :P
I was predicted AAB, I got offers from all of my other choices. I don't think UCL thought my predictions was realistic, which is understandable. I got rejected after interview.

They just ask questions based on my personal statement. If you get invited for an interview make sure you know the topics thats you wrote about in your PS inside out.

My 4th subject was computing :P

ahh man that sucks. where else did you apply last year?
haha don't worry, im writing about 2 organic topics and the making of esters(this is rly popular, alot of ppl who had ucl offers in the past got asked on esters as they mentioned it in their PS :biggrin: ).

and thats generally it tbh, if i get interview, i'l leave the rest to the interviewer :biggrin:

I heard last year, that there were as few as only 2 chem questions asked in interview which were really f***ing easy, and the rest of the time 10-15mins involved non-chemistry chatting l000l :rofl:

that must have been a really fun interview don't u reckon :colone:
Reply 399
Original post by ellebabyx3
That's very true. I just know that I'll panic & forget everything I know :')

Birmingham. Are you?

I'm sure you'll do brilliantly.

London area, but Cardiff is my closest choice so I think that'll make the journey seem shorter. :tongue: My parents are starting to take it personally...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending