The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by benq
I am so sorry mate! Did they say it was down to your personal statement? May I ask what you got for AS? Where else did you apply? I am sure you will end up at an amazing uni, I mean apart from LSE there are other nice places such as UCL/Warwick/Oxbridge!

Good luck!

Yeah it was solely down to my personal statment :/
got A*- A level math , A - AS level Physics, A- AS level economics.. a and predicted 4A*s ( Math(already achieved), Further math, Physics and Economics)

applied to UCL Warwick and St Andrews and Cambridge, but i really dont even have the slightest shot at Cambridge. Pretty skeptical about UCL and warwick now as well :frown:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1161
Original post by greenbeast
got A*- A level math , A - AS level Physics, A- AS level economics.. a and predicted 4A*s ( Math(already achieved), Further math, Physics and Economics)

applied to UCL Warwick and St Andrews and Cambridge, but i really dont even have the slightest shot at Cambridge. Pretty skeptical about UCL and warwick now as well :frown:

Don't be discouraged there have been others who have been rejected by some universities and accepted by bigger names. I know that a guy on here was rejected by Durham and then managed to get into Oxford, it's not over until it's over
Reply 1162
I got AAAB at AS, am predicted A*A*A*AA at A2 (including EPQ), but got bad GCSEs: AAAAAAAACC. Do I still stand a chance or not?

What were your GCSEs?
rejected for math and econ :frown:
3 weeks into the 5 week email
apparebtly my personal statement was good but not as good as some other similar applicants
i had 4A* predictions too

gutted :frown: worst day ever

So sorry. What were your GCSE grades?

cant believe you got rejected with such great grades!

did you get the email today?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1165
apparebtly my personal statement was good but not as good as some other similar applicants

It probably doesn't mean much to you because I know I'd be totally inconsolable if/when I get rejected. But as you've been told, one rejection definitely doesn't mean all rejections. I know a guy, for example, who got rejected from LSE and was then accepted by Oxford. The universities are looking for such different things and with your grades you're bound to stand out to one of them! Good luck with the rest of your offers :biggrin:
Original post by ErHi?
Woah haha, those are excellent grades :wink: surprised you haven't already got an offer with those attained grades because you far exceed the entry requirements :smile:

Same to you, LSE and the Econ History course is phenomenal so I really hope we get places! :biggrin:

Indeed! My 5 week period finished in 5 days, what about you ?
Reply 1167

unlucky mate, but well done on getting so far!
Original post by IceKidd
unlucky mate, but well done on getting so far!

You applied to the maths dept didn't you? You must be nearly at the end of your 5 weeks. Good luck.
Original post by CD315
Beats waiting until March like I did last year.

3 weeks for me!

3 weeks into your 5 weeks or 3 weeks still to go? Good luck either way.
Reply 1170
Original post by josiejo1970
You applied to the maths dept didn't you? You must be nearly at the end of your 5 weeks. Good luck.

yeah, not near the end though :/

only 2 and a half weeks gone
Reply 1171
Original post by josiejo1970
3 weeks into your 5 weeks or 3 weeks still to go? Good luck either way.

3 weeks to go. Thanks.
Reply 1172
Original post by CD315
3 weeks to go. Thanks.

3 weeks~~
Reply 1173
Original post by StudioBagel
Indeed! My 5 week period finished in 5 days, what about you ?

Still have 4 weeks to go hahaha I wonder if it's a straight offer/rejection or it's another waiting period….
Original post by ErHi?
Still have 4 weeks to go hahaha I wonder if it's a straight offer/rejection or it's another waiting period….

I think the majority of people will get offer/rejection. If they think your application is slightly weaker, then you may get put into gathered field, and have to wait until your 12 weeks is up. Wahhhh :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1175
Original post by hieuluu
Applied for Management, still haven't got the 5 weeks email yet. I fear rejection D:

When did you send off your application?
Reply 1176
Original post by gracelich
I think the majority of people will get offer/rejection. If they think your application is slightly weaker, then you may get put into gathered field, and have to wait until your 12 weeks is up. Wahhhh :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oohh that's quite exciting! My 12 weeks would be up around a month after the 5 week deadline, think it's January 7th, so thinking that I may have to wait 2 months for a decision is torture…

But I'd prefer to wait than just get a rejection at the beginning of December, unless it's a rejection in January as well :/
Original post by ErHi?
Oohh that's quite exciting! My 12 weeks would be up around a month after the 5 week deadline, think it's January 7th, so thinking that I may have to wait 2 months for a decision is torture…

But I'd prefer to wait than just get a rejection at the beginning of December, unless it's a rejection in January as well :/

Yeah, my 12 weeks is up around the same time too. Hearing nothing is better than a rejection I guess. But if I have a rejection, I'd prefer to know now. Just want to be able to get over it straight away...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1178
Original post by gracelich
Yeah, my 12 weeks is up around the same time too. Hearing nothing is better than a rejection I guess. But if I have a rejection, I'd prefer to know now. Just want to be able to get over it straight away...

Posted from TSR Mobile

What makes it worse is people around me getting offers (although don't get me wrong, I'm still happy for them) and I haven't had one reply yet, whether it be a rejection or offer, and if LSE is the first uni to give me a rejection then just…..
Reply 1179
Original post by schlili
When did you send off your application?

On the 15th of October..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply