The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Qari
I haven't applied yet. Looking to apply for Optom. So far decided Bradford, City and Plymouth.
You applying for medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice choices! I've applied to dentistry. I have looked into Optom when browsing UCAS and it looks pretty interesting. Any particular reason you decided optometry?
Original post by Qari
What made you want to do Medicine, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it all began 'properly' when my dad was thought to have cancer tbh. :tongue: I did work experience then in a hospital and that confirmed my decision, I absolutely loved my work experience. :tongue:
Original post by usycool1
Well, now that the discussion embargo is over, the BMAT was Rubbish with a capital "R" :frown: Given up hope on Imperial and Oxford now, just going to try to get into Birmingham/Bristol. :tongue:

That's rather unfortunate. I'm sorry that that's how you feel it went. I'm certain you at least did okay, hopefully even great. The worst case scenario is still good though as you have two other great unis still in the running :biggrin:.
#optimism
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6743
crikey, MAT was not pleasant in the least
Original post by Prinz655

I know somebody else who struggled. :hugs:
Original post by Prinz655

I know 3 people from my school struggled

only 3 people were entered :tongue:
Reply 6746
I think it all began 'properly' when my dad was thought to have cancer tbh. :tongue: I did work experience then in a hospital and that confirmed my decision, I absolutely loved my work experience. :tongue:

What type of Doctor do you want to be? If I was to do Medicine I would choose Surgeon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probability of gaining an interview at imperial for medicine at 9.15am 05/11/13 = moderate

Probability at 11.15am = 0

Farewell Impy. Farewell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6748
Original post by AmyAintDead
Nice choices! I've applied to dentistry. I have looked into Optom when browsing UCAS and it looks pretty interesting. Any particular reason you decided optometry?

Not really. Majority of my Dads relatives have entered the biological side. Have some relatives doing Pharmacy and it would be tough for me to do Medicine & Dentistry GCSE grades weren't that good. So Optom was left over :smile: then had to decide between Optom and Engineering Optom came out top :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by keromedic
That's rather unfortunate. I'm sorry that that's how you feel it went. I'm certain you at least did okay, hopefully even great. The worst case scenario is still good though as you have two other great unis still in the running :biggrin:.
#optimism

Ah well, thanks :biggrin: Haha, I hope so, I have no idea though, and yep, that's very true :biggrin:

Original post by g.k.galloway
Probability of gaining an interview at imperial for medicine at 9.15am 05/11/13 = moderate

Probability at 11.15am = 0

Farewell Impy. Farewell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Happy birthday :smile:

Original post by Qari
What type of Doctor do you want to be? If I was to do Medicine I would choose Surgeon

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea atm tbh! :tongue: I'll probably not decide for a while yet...don't really want to be a GP though (although of course, that may change). I loved seeing all the procedures on my work experience so probably a surgeon atm...but again, I can't really say for definite right now. :nah:
Original post by Ameliapond
I know 3 people from my school struggled

only 3 people were entered :tongue:

My, very smart, maths classmate struggled...

I have no idea atm tbh! :tongue: I'll probably not decide for a while yet...don't really want to be a GP though (although of course, that may change). I loved seeing all the procedures on my work experience so probably a surgeon atm...but again, I can't really say for definite right now. :nah:

Thanks for the reputation :h:.
I too wanted to become a sugeon but lately I'm wondering the idea of General Practice is becoming more and more appealing...due to my other interests.
Reply 6752
Offer from Sheffield :biggrin:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Original post by adi19956
Offer from Sheffield :biggrin:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Congratulations! :biggrin: :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Happy birthday :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Inevitable
I am confident one of you will be able to answer this, I'd appreciate if you can have a look if - it'll take 30 seconds.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2510230

"to" with one "o" :smile:

Happy Birthday! Hope you've had a great day :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6757
Happy birthday! :hugs:

happy bday
x