The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got the 5 week email from the Philosophy dept yet?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by A193
I'm applying to do Economics L101, and I am predicted A*A*A (for Maths, History, Economics)

I have already, definitely achieved my A* in Maths, so that is done.

I am doing AS Further Maths this year and predicted an A for that, so its A*A*Aa

How likely am I to be accepted?

Almost impossible to say. LSE has a ridiculous number of applicants for economics. I have a friend who got the best grades in my college (which happens to be the college with the highest grades in the UK) and didn't get in to LSE for economics. (He did get into Cambridge though).
They like to take a good hard look at your personal statement.
Reply 1202
Original post by PierreIsNotMyName
Almost impossible to say. LSE has a ridiculous number of applicants for economics. I have a friend who got the best grades in my college (which happens to be the college with the highest grades in the UK) and didn't get in to LSE for economics. (He did get into Cambridge though).
They like to take a good hard look at your personal statement.

My tutor who is the biggest UCAS expert is in charge of my PS. She told me to cut out on my extra-curricular activites that were irrelevant like Work expereicne, and use up this space to talk about my passion for economics (i talked about an article from the economist and compared it to the british austerity)

I talked about a bit about my a level history linking with econmics, and how maths has helped me find the link between the two subjects

is she right about cutting down the extra-curricular activies (the only thing i have here is getting 2 bronzes and a silver in the maths chalenges?)
I got the five week email at 09:34 this morning, I'd literally forgotton about it because it was actually due a week and half ago, but at least it came!! The silly thing is that I'd actually checked my emails at 09:30 and decided 'nothing's going to come today so don't bother checking' this is the second time that's happened!!
Original post by james0527
Is there anyone who has gone past the 5weeks period?

Mine will be over this Tuesday.
Just got an offer for straight economics at LSE!!!! 4 weeks into my 5 week email!!!
Original post by A193
My tutor who is the biggest UCAS expert is in charge of my PS. She told me to cut out on my extra-curricular activites that were irrelevant like Work expereicne, and use up this space to talk about my passion for economics (i talked about an article from the economist and compared it to the british austerity)

I talked about a bit about my a level history linking with econmics, and how maths has helped me find the link between the two subjects

is she right about cutting down the extra-curricular activies (the only thing i have here is getting 2 bronzes and a silver in the maths chalenges?)

I did pretty much the same thing, reducing my extra curricular part of the PS to just one or two sentences, and it just got me an offer! Good luck for your application!
Reply 1207
Original post by pierreisnotmyname
just got an offer for straight economics at lse!!!! 4 weeks into my 5 week email!!!

congratzzz man!!!!!!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1208
Just got an offer for straight economics at LSE!!!! 4 weeks into my 5 week email!!!

Congratulations! that's awesome!! :biggrin: I'm so jealous... :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1209

wattt??
big congra!!!!!!

wheres my offer :(

congra!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by President M.E.
Anyone got the 5 week email from the Philosophy dept yet?

I applied for philosophy and economics and just received my 5 week email now.

Congratulations! Did you find out via email or track first, and are you a domestic or international student?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by topblogger
I applied for philosophy and economics and just received my 5 week email now.

When did you apply? And if I may ask what your grades are like?
When did you apply? And if I may ask what your grades are like?

I applied on 11/10/13 and have received these emails in their time periods. For this 5 week email, I waited about 1.8 weeks.
My grades are:
GCSE: 3A*, 6As, 1B (Taken early in English media)
AS level: 4AS (Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics) Including A in every single module for each subject.
Predictions A2: A*A*A (dropped biology)

P.S The GCSEs are not very good compared to LSE "standards" but I went to a very bad high school and attend a relatively bad sixth form.

How about you?
I just got an offer for straight economics, aaaaaaaargh !!
Original post by Hamushte
I just got an offer for straight economics, aaaaaaaargh !!

Same here. Is LSE your first choice?
Original post by topblogger
I applied on 11/10/13 and have received these emails in their time periods. For this 5 week email, I waited about 1.8 weeks.
My grades are:
GCSE: 3A*, 6As, 1B (Taken early in English media)
AS level: 4AS (Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics) Including A in every single module for each subject.
Predictions A2: A*A*A (dropped biology)

P.S The GCSEs are not very good compared to LSE "standards" but I went to a very bad high school and attend a relatively bad sixth form.

How about you?

Identical GCSEs with same problem with school and sixth form, but I'm applying with completed A levels AAA, so pretty below par for LSE therefore not expecting anything tbh

Applied on 14th
Reply 1217

When did you apply?
Same here. Is LSE your first choice?

Omg, Hi-5!! + Yes, 100%. You?
Identical GCSEs with same problem with school and sixth form, but I'm applying with completed A levels AAA, so pretty below par for LSE therefore not expecting anything tbh

Applied on 14th

Don't worry, you meet the requirements and if your personal statement is good then I reckon you stand a real chance.
Btw did you receive the 5 week email?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending