The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hamushte
Omg, Hi-5!! + Yes, 100%. You?

Not quite, Cambridge is my 1st choice however I'm extremely pleased to know that i have a space at LSE! We may know each other next year.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by dente
When did you apply?

I applied on the 27th of September :smile:
Original post by Donniee
Congratulations! Did you find out via email or track first, and are you a domestic or international student?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an E-mail, Checked Track straight after so it might have been on there already, i don't know. And i'm a domestic student. Born and raised in Cardiff (although i am half French).
Original post by topblogger
Don't worry, you meet the requirements and if your personal statement is good then I reckon you stand a real chance.
Btw did you receive the 5 week email?

I got the 2 week email as soon as I applied, but I've been waiting for the 5 week email for over three weeks now, so getting very nervous....what did it say exactly in the email anyway?
Original post by daniyalfaiz
I gave up on the mat after question 2 :frown: i applied on the 10th of October though! You'll get one soon! LSE tend to make applicants wait quite long

Posted from TSR Mobile

Question 2 was horrid... And I'll just wait and see :/

Where else did you apply by the way? :smile:
Hi Guys,
people are already getting offers...wow, congratulations, really cool.

I just today received my mail that my application is strong enough to go further. Are there actually people that are rejected earlier? Do they even look at your PS in the first 2 weeks?
Reply 1226
Original post by bluebell_flames
Question 2 was horrid... And I'll just wait and see :/

Where else did you apply by the way? :smile:

I emailed them a couple of days ago and then they sent me the five week one on the other day. I thought they just forgot or the mails were failed to send on that day.
Don't worry.
PS. I thought I screwed up MAT TAT... It was just horrible.
Original post by fiona16
I emailed them a couple of days ago and then they sent me the five week one on the other day. I thought they just forgot or the mails were failed to send on that day.
Don't worry.
PS. I thought I screwed up MAT TAT... It was just horrible.

Thanks for the information :smile:

Which uni(s) did you sit it for? I did it for both :frown:
Original post by TheHenri
Hi Guys,
people are already getting offers...wow, congratulations, really cool.

I just today received my mail that my application is strong enough to go further. Are there actually people that are rejected earlier? Do they even look at your PS in the first 2 weeks?

One of my friends got rejected for management last night. The LSE email he received basically slagged off how bad his personal statement was... It was horrible.
Reply 1229
Waited for four weeks after my five week email and got an offer for Actuarial Science. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I applied for Social Anthropology on monday and immediately received the received application email, is it defo 2 weeks after sending application to next one or can it differ between departments? and if this email were to come late or not at all would that basically mean they rejected me? I'm pretty hopefll as predicted A*AA and they want AAB but all this talk of emails has got me worried :s-smilie: (although it's not my first choice)
Reply 1231
Original post by shiny718
Waited for four weeks after my five week email and got an offer for Actuarial Science. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

cong!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1232
Original post by Sun_Bear
One of my friends got rejected for management last night. The LSE email he received basically slagged off how bad his personal statement was... It was horrible.

Did he get his 5 weeks email yet, and if so how long have he waited?
I applied for management on 15th and just got 5 weeks email today. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sun_Bear

Feel Sorry for yr frd... Did he receive the 5 week mail b4 being rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hieuluu
Did he get his 5 weeks email yet, and if so how long have he waited?
I applied for management on 15th and just got 5 weeks email today. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think he got kicked out by the UG admissions assessor rather than the selector in his relevant department.

EDIT: i think he got his receipt then kicked out lol.
(edited 10 years ago)
why are you all so far ahead. I sent off my application on the 15th, but then swapped Royal Holloway for LSE on the 16th. I got the confirmation email on the 24th and have today received that my application is strong enough to go further.
Some people here sent off theirs on 15th and are already receiving the 5-week-emails??! How
Usually how long will ppl receive the 5 week mail? And any management offer yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has any UK applicant received an offer for Law yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Having sent my application on 15th October, got the 2 week email on the 24th October and the 5 week email on the 30th October, I have just received an offer for Economics and Economic History requiring AAB.
Reply 1239
Original post by JamesWire
Having sent my application on 15th October, got the 2 week email on the 24th October and the 5 week email on the 30th October, I have just received an offer for Economics and Economic History requiring AAB.

Wow, a huge congratulations to you, the course is amazing! :biggrin: I'm applying for Economic History as single honours and I'm hoping to hear something soon from them! Currently one week and 2 days into the 5 week email :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending