LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Congrats to all the people with offers so far! 👏👏 :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Hamushte
I just got an offer for straight economics, aaaaaaaargh !!

Original post by PierreIsNotMyName
Just got an offer for straight economics at LSE!!!! 4 weeks into my 5 week email!!!

First of all, congratulations to both of you.

Secondly, may I please ask for your GCSEs, ASs, predictions, and whether they asked for UMS.

Thanks in advance.
Original post by Mike_123
First of all, congratulations to both of you.

Secondly, may I please ask for your GCSEs, ASs, predictions, and whether they asked for UMS.

Thanks in advance.

I got 9A* 2A at GCSE
A* - Maths A level (94% av)
A - F. Maths AS (99% av)
A - Economics AS (92% av)
A - Physics AS (98% av)

A*A*A*A* Predicted

Relating to the UMS marks, i had to fill in their questionnaire yes.
I got 9A* 2A at GCSE
A* - Maths A level (94% av)
A - F. Maths AS (99% av)
A - Economics AS (92% av)
A - Physics AS (98% av)

A*A*A*A* Predicted

Relating to the UMS marks, i had to fill in their questionnaire yes.

Thanks for that. When did they send this? During the 5-weeker? I assume also it's an AAE offer.
Original post by Mike_123
Thanks for that. When did they send this? During the 5-weeker? I assume also it's an AAE offer.

Yup my 5 weeks would have ended next Thursday.
Yup my 5 weeks would have ended next Thursday.

Ah but when did they send the UMS questionnaire?
Original post by ErHi?
Wow, a huge congratulations to you, the course is amazing! :biggrin: I'm applying for Economic History as single honours and I'm hoping to hear something soon from them! Currently one week and 2 days into the 5 week email :smile:

Good luck - I hope you get your offer.
Reply 1247
Original post by JamesWire
Good luck - I hope you get your offer.

Ah, I'm doubtful, relatively weak LSE candidate :/
Reply 1248
Original post by bluebell_flames
Thanks for the information :smile:

Which uni(s) did you sit it for? I did it for both :frown:

I did it for both as well... I hope Imperial can focus more on AS result :s-smilie:
Just got an offer for straight economics at LSE!!!! 4 weeks into my 5 week email!!!

Wow - seriously well done :congrats:
Reply 1250
Original post by ErHi?
Woah haha, those are excellent grades :wink: surprised you haven't already got an offer with those attained grades because you far exceed the entry requirements :smile:

Same to you, LSE and the Econ History course is phenomenal so I really hope we get places! :biggrin:

Hi
I'm also applying for economic history!
Reply 1251
Original post by 786:)
Hi
I'm also applying for economic history!

Hello fellow applicant :smile: how's the process going for you?
Original post by fiona16
I did it for both as well... I hope Imperial can focus more on AS result :s-smilie:

Aww... I think my score will be so low that there is no way the rest of my application will be strong enough to save me :frown: But best of luck to you :smile:
Reply 1253
Hey guys,

I received my "5 weeks strong enough" email less than 6 days after applying. Does the fact it went so fast for me compared to most applicants mean anything?

Thanks!
Reply 1254
Original post by cokea123
Hey guys,

I received my "5 weeks strong enough" email less than 6 days after applying. Does the fact it went so fast for me compared to most applicants mean anything?

Thanks!

Hm, I really couldn't say… it might just be they didn't have many applicants before you and so the admissions assessor got round to you very quickly…?
Reply 1255
Can anyone tell me how international LSE is on the undergraduate level? What percentage roughly come from abroad? I heard it's at Cambridge around 10%, which I find a quite low..

I received my that '5 weeks email' today as well, which was quite surprising :biggrin:
Reply 1256
Original post by ErHi?
Hm, I really couldn't say… it might just be they didn't have many applicants before you and so the admissions assessor got round to you very quickly…?

I applied for Economics / Accounting and Finance just a week ago and already have my 5 weeks email. I doubt there aren't many applicants before me for those courses... Weird, isn't it?
Reply 1257
Original post by Graaftel
Can anyone tell me how international LSE is on the undergraduate level? What percentage roughly come from abroad? I heard it's at Cambridge around 10%, which I find a quite low..

I received my that '5 weeks email' today as well, which was quite surprising :biggrin:

I've heard it's around 50/50?

EDIT: this is from the LSE website: "In 2012-13 the School had 9,500 full-time students and over 600 part-time students. Of these, approximately 60 per cent were postgraduates. Around two-thirds of students came from outside the UK."
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1258
Original post by cokea123
I applied for Economics / Accounting and Finance just a week ago and already have my 5 weeks email. I doubt there aren't many applicants before me for those courses... Weird, isn't it?

If you mean you've applied for Economics as a single honours and also A&F as a single honours then I think there would be quite a lot of applicants for Economics because a lot would have applied to Oxbridge I reckon..

If you're VERY academically strong with a good PS then you may have been fast tracked to the 5 week process!
Reply 1259
Original post by ErHi?
I've heard it's around 50/50?

EDIT: this is from the LSE website: "In 2012-13 the School had 9,500 full-time students and over 600 part-time students. Of these, approximately 60 per cent were postgraduates. Around two-thirds of students came from outside the UK."

You are right! That's awesome. I actually found the answer in some statistics. In year 2012-2013 there were 2061 overseas undergraduates and 4201 total undergraduates.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending