The Student Room Group

Young enterprise 2013/14

Hey!
Just wondering if anyone here is doing young enterprise this year?
If so how's it going and are you well on track...I found it to be so much fun but now the pressure is building and we're falling behind!
So just asking for advice! :biggrin:

p.s Didn't know where this post should go

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I am, although I'm not really enjoying it, and I find that after school meetings are difficult! We're yet to raise funds and start producing, which means we have to hurry up, seeing as we're supposed to be selling before Christmas! :O How's yours coming along? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by economicsrocks
Hi! I am, although I'm not really enjoying it, and I find that after school meetings are difficult! We're yet to raise funds and start producing, which means we have to hurry up, seeing as we're supposed to be selling before Christmas! :O How's yours coming along? :smile:

Basically in the same position as you!
And our first selling even is in late November :eek:
But I get what your saying the meetings can be so tedious...though we've finally managed to agree on exactly what stock to buy
And hopefully will be producing next week but it's all taking way longer than we thought...hopefully it will be on a roll soon :biggrin:
Reply 3
Someone left a group in our school and they needed a new member so I paid my share and joined. We started one or two weeks ago and, although we're in a bit of debt as a result of buying the product, we should make a large profit by the end of the programme.
Original post by tealover96
Basically in the same position as you!
And our first selling even is in late November :eek:
But I get what your saying the meetings can be so tedious...though we've finally managed to agree on exactly what stock to buy
And hopefully will be producing next week but it's all taking way longer than we thought...hopefully it will be on a roll soon :biggrin:

Ahh we had another meeting today! I think they're way too long at 1.5hours! :O We're planning to produce by next week (seems so rushed!) and then start selling at xmas markets.

Well good luck with your project! Hope you enjoy it :biggrin:
Reply 5
Ahh we had another meeting today! I think they're way too long at 1.5hours! :O We're planning to produce by next week (seems so rushed!) and then start selling at xmas markets.

Well good luck with your project! Hope you enjoy it :biggrin:

Haha thanks good luck to you too!!

The whole thing is getting very tense now and the team is just people talking from all different directions and not always listening to each other (maybe because we're all girls! :rolleyes:) Even worse we haven't opened our bank account yet :eek: the stress!
Haha thanks good luck to you too!!

The whole thing is getting very tense now and the team is just people talking from all different directions and not always listening to each other (maybe because we're all girls! :rolleyes:) Even worse we haven't opened our bank account yet :eek: the stress!

Thanks! Ahh we're just getting started to produce our products, and should hopefully be selling in a couple of weeks at the Christmas Markets! We haven't opened ours yet so don't worry! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by KingKumar
Someone left a group in our school and they needed a new member so I paid my share and joined. We started one or two weeks ago and, although we're in a bit of debt as a result of buying the product, we should make a large profit by the end of the programme.

Oh right! Yeahh we don't have much money right now because obviously as it's the start costs are really high...but our financial forecast seems to predict really high profits and it would be awesome if we really end up making that much money!
Reply 8
Thanks! Ahh we're just getting started to produce our products, and should hopefully be selling in a couple of weeks at the Christmas Markets! We haven't opened ours yet so don't worry! :biggrin:

Haha that's such a relief!! :biggrin: Because the other team from our school opened theirs weeks ago and their cheque book have arrived too so just though we were really behind
(edited 10 years ago)
Haha that's such a relief!! :biggrin: Because the other team from our school opened theirs weeks ago and their check book have arrived too so just though we were really behind

Oh ok! we only have one team in our school, haha (that's us!). We're supposed to be opening within the next week-ish, and that's supposed to be quite quick, so don't worry about it!
Reply 10
How's it going guys?
We had our first selling event the other day and we managed to sell out!!
But we didn't have many units in the first place but still it's going great :biggrin:
That's awesome! We didn't sell out haha, made a few pounds, but then again (no offence, team) our product is pretty poor! Are you enjoying it? :smile:
Reply 12
That's awesome! We didn't sell out haha, made a few pounds, but then again (no offence, team) our product is pretty poor! Are you enjoying it? :smile:

tbh the first event was at out school so people were more likely to buy...the second event we sold a couple. But we were outside in the freezing cold for hours trying to sell so it was just tiring and annoying. So I didn't really enjoy it as much and I'm already stating to get tired of YE just because it's a lot of work!
Haha at least you made some money plus it's not really the profit that counts but the skills we learn from it :wink:
tbh the first event was at out school so people were more likely to buy...the second event we sold a couple. But we were outside in the freezing cold for hours trying to sell so it was just tiring and annoying. So I didn't really enjoy it as much and I'm already stating to get tired of YE just because it's a lot of work!
Haha at least you made some money plus it's not really the profit that counts but the skills we learn from it :wink:

Yeah that's true! We're supposed to be selling in school at some point, but I have no idea. Tbh, I'm not really enjoying it either, although on the bright side, it's a good thing to say you have done! I'm surprised they made any money at all! It was so expensive and of poor quality. What role do you have? :smile:
Reply 14
Yeah that's true! We're supposed to be selling in school at some point, but I have no idea. Tbh, I'm not really enjoying it either, although on the bright side, it's a good thing to say you have done! I'm surprised they made any money at all! It was so expensive and of poor quality. What role do you have? :smile:

I'm finance director (well me and someone else) but it's really stressful keeping up with all the money!! And people just go out and randomly spend money without saying :angry: But we got on top of all the money today finally!!
I'm finance director (well me and someone else) but it's really stressful keeping up with all the money!! And people just go out and randomly spend money without saying :angry: But we got on top of all the money today finally!!

Ah that's annoying haha, they're only making your job harder! There are only 16 of us, so we have a director and a deputy for everything, I'm deputy administrator :smile: I wanted to do finance, but I wasn't chosen after our presentations haha :frown: How are things going in your group? Is everything working well? :biggrin:
Reply 16
Ah that's annoying haha, they're only making your job harder! There are only 16 of us, so we have a director and a deputy for everything, I'm deputy administrator :smile: I wanted to do finance, but I wasn't chosen after our presentations haha :frown: How are things going in your group? Is everything working well? :biggrin:

Yeahh there's about 12 of us but that's because we have two groups at our school. Thankfully only two of us wanted finance so we decided to share the role and didn't have to do any presentations! And it's pretty cool cos we handle all the money! :biggrin: Well, we use facebook to communicate but that REALLY doesn't work!! No one replies to each others messages and it's difficult getting a message around the whole group so the HR director was pretty annoyed. But we had another sell out yesterday so we are now left with no stock! SO I suppose it's going both well and not haha! Next selling event is in Feb so we can relax and focus on mocks for now (well not exactly relax :tongue:) Sorry about the long message how about your group then?
Yeahh there's about 12 of us but that's because we have two groups at our school. Thankfully only two of us wanted finance so we decided to share the role and didn't have to do any presentations! And it's pretty cool cos we handle all the money! :biggrin: Well, we use facebook to communicate but that REALLY doesn't work!! No one replies to each others messages and it's difficult getting a message around the whole group so the HR director was pretty annoyed. But we had another sell out yesterday so we are now left with no stock! SO I suppose it's going both well and not haha! Next selling event is in Feb so we can relax and focus on mocks for now (well not exactly relax :tongue:) Sorry about the long message how about your group then?

Wow, your group is doing really well! Ours isn't haha :tongue: We use facebook too, which isn't suitable cos there's one person in our group without it, so they don't get the notifications, noone cooperates, we sold a few of our product, and we've only sold at one event. We're supposed to be selling after Christmas as well (in school), but tbf, our product is kinda poor! Talking of mocks, I have two next week which I need to revise for! oops... :smile:
Reply 18
Wow, your group is doing really well! Ours isn't haha :tongue: We use facebook too, which isn't suitable cos there's one person in our group without it, so they don't get the notifications, noone cooperates, we sold a few of our product, and we've only sold at one event. We're supposed to be selling after Christmas as well (in school), but tbf, our product is kinda poor! Talking of mocks, I have two next week which I need to revise for! oops... :smile:

Haha thanks...well I think it's because ours is a good Christmas gift so afterwards I doubt we'll sell any! Yeahh I just tell myself it's only mocks and I'll properly revise for the real ones...but wow our mocks are in February so just gonna relax during christmas :tongue: Good luck with your mocks AND with YE at least mocks are over soon for you then
Haha thanks...well I think it's because ours is a good Christmas gift so afterwards I doubt we'll sell any! Yeahh I just tell myself it's only mocks and I'll properly revise for the real ones...but wow our mocks are in February so just gonna relax during christmas :tongue: Good luck with your mocks AND with YE at least mocks are over soon for you then

You could always change the packaging a bit and make it for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day etc. :tongue: Thanks, good luck to you too! I've got a couple of exams after Christmas though, so no rest for me!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending