The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

my day

I have meds :woo:
Also have some meds to hopefully sort my pain out but have lots if bloods robbed from me on tuesday :s-smilie: so scared of the outcome eeeeek.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadoxSocks
My fear of phones is getting ridiculous. I need to call and arrange a room change for tonight and I sent an email but I've had no reply yet. My laptop is broken and the repair company are forcing me to call them to arrange pick-up even though they're my DSA suppliers and I've told them a thousand times that my phone anxiety is too bad to do so.

The learning disability group that I help to run has all gone to pot because two of the senior committee members have started some sort of weird argument that they won't leave alone. So there's a chance I'm going to be moved into a position where I need to make lots of phone calls and I'm too sucky to do so. I can at least do it for the group but my heart will think it's about to explode and I'll be a mess.

Why do I suck so much? :frown:

And I'm having crazy anxiety because one of the teenagers in my care at the last meeting had a massive panic attack, lost consciousness and stopped breathing. We did absolutely everything correctly but I worry that if the other first aider hadn't been there then my brain would have exploded or I'd have had a panic attack too.

And I can't pick a topic for my stupid essay because I'm crippled with fear over whether I can choose a good topic or not.

Can you get your girlfriend to help with the phone calls?

I am sure you will find a good essay topic :smile:
So, today. :nothing: Was told I am paranoid, that I'm not eating anywhere near enough and found out that hospital is happening a heck of a lot sooner than I thought. :sad: The only way is up I suppose. :tongue:
Life. :facepalm:
Original post by tasha96
The only way is up I suppose. :tongue:

That's the spirit! :yep: :biggrin: :lovehug:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
That's the spirit! :yep: :biggrin: :lovehug:

That's this weeks optimism quota all used up. :tongue:

:loveduck:
Reply 9846
I'm currently involved in a project aimed to support survivors of sexual violence and abuse and raise awareness of the subject. I'm not sure yet if it's OK for me to share the link here (TSR anti-advertising rules, though obviously it's not-for-profit and totally non-commercial). But if anyone is interested in being involved, or would be willing to share the link to the project on their facebook/twitter/other social network, we would appreciate it a huge huge amount.

It's a collaborative project from students at several different UK universities and we all feel really passionately about the subject and really want to spread the word to as many people as possible, so if anyone is interested in contributing, sharing or just having a look, please reply to this post and I'll PM you. Thanks guys.

---

Stuff in my personal life isn't going so well. Spending a lot of time being supervised because I'm generally not that safe on my own. Therapy went pretty horrible yesterday, and considering the possibility that I'm in/going into a mixed episode, due to extreme productivity and speech too pressured/rapid to be understood, but also extreme dysphoria. I'm trying to channel the energy into constructive project (mentioned above) but it's really scary when I see people and they are worried by my mental state. I just feel like I'm one slip away from needing to go to A&E and I really don't want that, but being in this high-energy dysphoria makes me very impulsive, and alongside other issues it's just not that good. I really hope stuff gets better soon. Turning 21 on Sunday. :frown:
I've been sectioned.

Could any of you please tell me what I'm allowed to bring with me?
Original post by asdfgah
I'm currently involved in a project aimed to support survivors of sexual violence and abuse and raise awareness of the subject. I'm not sure yet if it's OK for me to share the link here (TSR anti-advertising rules, though obviously it's not-for-profit and totally non-commercial). But if anyone is interested in being involved, or would be willing to share the link to the project on their facebook/twitter/other social network, we would appreciate it a huge huge amount.

It's a collaborative project from students at several different UK universities and we all feel really passionately about the subject and really want to spread the word to as many people as possible, so if anyone is interested in contributing, sharing or just having a look, please reply to this post and I'll PM you. Thanks guys.

---

Stuff in my personal life isn't going so well. Spending a lot of time being supervised because I'm generally not that safe on my own. Therapy went pretty horrible yesterday, and considering the possibility that I'm in/going into a mixed episode, due to extreme productivity and speech too pressured/rapid to be understood, but also extreme dysphoria. I'm trying to channel the energy into constructive project (mentioned above) but it's really scary when I see people and they are worried by my mental state. I just feel like I'm one slip away from needing to go to A&E and I really don't want that, but being in this high-energy dysphoria makes me very impulsive, and alongside other issues it's just not that good. I really hope stuff gets better soon. Turning 21 on Sunday. :frown:

Send me some info :smile:
Original post by tasha96
That's this weeks optimism quota all used up. :tongue:

:loveduck:

I'll make an optimist out of you yet! :yep:

Original post by asdfgah

---

Already shared on Facebook :yep: :jumphug: :yep:

Original post by lonelybrummie
I've been sectioned.

Not sure, but good luck! :hugs:
Original post by asdfgah

---

Ill be happy to share it, i have lots of youth work friends aswell so they may find it interest or know someone who would be perfect for it so send me a link :smile:

Hope your able to have a good day on sunday though :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lonelybrummie
I've been sectioned.

It varies from ward to ward - some places will allow say an MP3 player and headphones, others won't. Good things to bring:
- entertainment - books, magazines, music if allowed, any portable hobbies (I did a lot of knitting in hospital), pens and paper if you want to draw or write to people (if you're lucky you'll have internet access, but not necessarily)
- clothes
- some money (nurses might go to the shops for you)
- cigarettes/lighter if you smoke (nurses will hold onto them for you)
- phone/charger (may or may not be allowed)
- snacks! Hospital food sucks

That's all I can think of for now, I'll update if there's anything else I think of tonight. :smile: Good luck!
Has anyone here ever used the crisis chat website IMAlive? They seem to have no available volunteers atm, and it's telling me to keep the chat window open so that when a volunteer becomes free, I can type to them but the window keeps closing itself so I was wondering if that is normal. Thanks :redface:
Original post by asdfgah

---

I'd be happy to share it. :wavey:
Hugs about the second half of your post. :frown: Hope you're okay. :hugs:
Original post by asdfgah

---

I would be happy to share links / etc.
I haven't been able to get through to anyone on the IMAlive site all evening, I'm wondering if it's only for US citizens :frown: Has anyone here used another crisis chat website/know of any that they can suggest? Want something where I don't have to talk on the phone, don't want my family knowing.
Original post by Anonymous
I haven't been able to get through to anyone on the IMAlive site all evening, I'm wondering if it's only for US citizens :frown: Has anyone here used another crisis chat website/know of any that they can suggest? Want something where I don't have to talk on the phone, don't want my family knowing.

i know you can email the samaritans, i have done that before, however you dont get an instant reply, they do try to reply within 24 hours though...
Original post by PonchoKid
i know you can email the samaritans, i have done that before, however you dont get an instant reply, they do try to reply within 24 hours though...

Oh thank you, that's a good option to know about! :smile:
Well hey there hallucination bugs! :hi: Long time no bloody see. :nothing: Hate this so much. :frown:
Reply 9859
Thanks guys for being here when no one else was :smile:

Latest