The Student Room Group

HELP: How can I link sociology and biomedical science together...

in my personal statement?

I'm having trouble linking my subjects together for my personal statement :s-smilie:

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Reply 1
Say how the research methods you have studied can be applied for biomedical science degree because there is lots of research skills usedin the coarse.
If you are trying to link A level subjects together, dont bother. Concentrate on why you want to do Biomed. Any attempt to link the two will look tortuously contrived.
Reply 3
What course are you applying for? Pretty sure sociology with biomedicine isn't a course...
Reply 4
Original post by skotch
What course are you applying for? Pretty sure sociology with biomedicine isn't a course...

I'm applying for biomedical science, but I study a level sociology and want to show how the two subjects link together.
Reply 5
Original post by Eimen
Say how the research methods you have studied can be applied for biomedical science degree because there is lots of research skills usedin the coarse.

Wouldn't thought of that..Thank you! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by NOONA.
I'm applying for biomedical science, but I study a level sociology and want to show how the two subjects link together.

I guess there are a lot of ethical issues raised in biomedical sciences that may be discussed in sociology; as someone else as mentioned, you could talk about the research methods you have gained; but I think most importantly, you could mention the generic skills sociology teaches, such as appreciating different viewpoints, looking at things analytically, and being able to use statistics and research methods to delve into these issues.
Reply 7
Original post by skotch
I guess there are a lot of ethical issues raised in biomedical sciences that may be discussed in sociology; as someone else as mentioned, you could talk about the research methods you have gained; but I think most importantly, you could mention the generic skills sociology teaches, such as appreciating different viewpoints, looking at things analytically, and being able to use statistics and research methods to delve into these issues.

Thanks, I appreciate your help :smile:
Reply 8
Easily... Focus on your experiences. I talked about the liverpool care pathway in mine as I'm interested in medical ethics and psychiatry. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending