The Student Room Group

what units to study for Edexcel iAS Biology Unit 1 ??

Hello, I'm a new Edexcel iAS student and yesterday I signed up for Biology Unit 1 in january 2014. It said that Unit 1: Lifestyle, Transport, Genes and Health but in my Edexcel Biology AS book (by C J Clegg) it has different topics in unit 1 ??
In my book Unit 1= Lifestyle, health and risk
and genes and health in Unit 2 !!!
Unit 2 = Cell, genes and health (in my book)

does this mean I have to study both Unit 1 & 2 from book to cover Unit 1 for my Edexcel exam??

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by sygirl96
Hello, I'm a new Edexcel iAS student and yesterday I signed up for Biology Unit 1 in january 2014. It said that Unit 1: Lifestyle, Transport, Genes and Health but in my Edexcel Biology AS book (by C J Clegg) it has different topics in unit 1 ??
In my book Unit 1= Lifestyle, health and risk
and genes and health in Unit 2 !!!
Unit 2 = Cell, genes and health (in my book)

does this mean I have to study both Unit 1 & 2 from book to cover Unit 1 for my Edexcel exam??

You don't need unit 2 for unit 1

Although I have a feeling that should say topic 1 and topic 2 as opposes to units 1 & 2
Reply 3
Hey friend... can u plz send me the syllabus for AS/AL biology for january exam asap
Thanku
Original post by shaimus
Hey friend... can u plz send me the syllabus for AS/AL biology for january exam asap
Thanku

Should be in the spec: http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCE%20New%20GCE/UA035220_GCE_Lin_Biology_Issue_5.pdf
Reply 5
Thank u
can somebody explain me the genetic screening and gene therapy drill ??:frown: I'm badly stuckk
Reply 6
Original post by shaimus
Thank u
can somebody explain me the genetic screening and gene therapy drill ??:frown: I'm badly stuckk

Hey if your doing Edexcel unit 1, here these 2 pages will help you :smile:
Good luck

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1383945911.148001.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1383945940.504102.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by shaimus
Thank u

Zoom in to the pictures btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Zoom in to the pictures btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww thanku so v much
Am doin A levels biology and As chem do you think I hav enough time to prepare and get good grades??
Reply 9
Original post by shaimus
Aww thanku so v much
Am doin A levels biology and As chem do you think I hav enough time to prepare and get good grades??

you're welcome!!
of course you can if you put effort into it!

I'm the same. I started the AS levels just about 2 weeks ago (bio Unit1 & chem Unit 1& math C1 C2) and I'm giving the exam in January.

and I'm about to finish biology Unit 1 completely so yup I think you can :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
you're welcome!!
of course you can if you put effort into it!

I'm the same. I started the AS levels just about 2 weeks ago (bio Unit1 & chem Unit 1& math C1 C2) and I'm giving the exam in January.

and I'm about to finish biology Unit 1 completely so yup I think you can :smile:

Thanku once again that's v nice of u please can u share ur study routine with me so maybe it will encourage me a lil bit
God bless u
Reply 11
aww thanks:biggrin:
sure!
I began studying for the AS levels too late cuz I didn't even know my (future) University required A levels so, I divided my 3 subjects and gave myself a limited time to finish them. I started studying 28th October and I first started studying Bio, so I put 2 weeks to finish the Unit 1 Bio AS+ solving some past papers
and I will have 2 weeks to finish Unit 1 Chemistry AS+ solving some past papers
and then 1 month to finish Mathematic C1 & C2.
I study about 5 hours (or more if I wasn't able to finish what i'm supposed to finish) a day. So by the time I finish all these subjects it would be January and I would be ready for the exams :smile:

Don't neglect your education its important
good luck!
Reply 12
sure!
I began studying for the AS levels too late cuz I didn't even know my (future) University required A levels so, I divided my 3 subjects and gave myself a limited time to finish them. I started studying 28th October and I first started studying Bio, so I put 2 weeks to finish the Unit 1 Bio AS+ solving some past papers
I study about 5 hours (or more if I wasn't able to finish what i'm supposed to finish) a day. So by the time I finish all these subjects it would be January and I would be ready for the exams :smile:

good luck!

Oh now am goinna do dat too
I hope u pass with A*s thanx u've helped me lot as I'm a private student it's v hard for me to understand now I feel I hav someone who can help me out
Thanku so much
Reply 13
Original post by shaimus
Oh now am goinna do dat too
I hope u pass with A*s thanx u've helped me lot as I'm a private student it's v hard for me to understand now I feel I hav someone who can help me out
Thanku so much

you're welcome & thanks!! :biggrin: i'm a private student too, feel free to ask for help!
Reply 14
Thanx where u from btw?
Reply 15
Original post by shaimus
Thanx where u from btw?

Syria
Reply 16
:smile:
sure!

good luck!

This is so brave of you, wow! :smile:
Have you started C1 & C2?
I'll be giving Bio-1 & 2, Physics- 1 & 2 and C-12.
How many units are you appearing this Jan? If you can pls tell me a way to revise for unit mock test effectively. Thanx :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Nora R. Chloe
This is so brave of you, wow! :smile:
Have you started C1 & C2?
I'll be giving Bio-1 & 2, Physics- 1 & 2 and C-12.
How many units are you appearing this Jan? If you can pls tell me a way to revise for unit mock test effectively. Thanx :smile:

thanks!! . Yea I've actually finished C1 & C2
I'm giving Biology unit 1 and Chemistry Unit 1 and Mathematics C1 & C2 this jan.
I suggest you is to divide the number of pages you have to study on the days you have and limit the days you give yourself to study(so that it doesn't take you long) + solve lots of past papers!!!(it will make you improve alot)
Hope that helped and best of luck!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks!! . Yea I've actually finished C1 & C2
I'm giving Biology unit 1 and Chemistry Unit 1 and Mathematics C1 & C2 this jan.
I suggest you is to divide the number of pages you have to study on the days you have and limit the days you give yourself to study(so that it doesn't take you long) + solve lots of past papers!!!(it will make you improve alot)
Hope that helped and best of luck!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see...
Thanks for your suggestion! I'll follow them...:smile:
Best of luck to you too!!!
Well do you know any thread that is dedicated to revision of biology- 1,2, cause a thread is needed where we can discuss our weakness and problem?

Quick Reply