The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam- accommodation recommendations?

Hey,
In a nutshell, I'm looking at going to Sheffield Hallam to study nursing next year. I went to the uni open day, but the accommodation confused the **** out of me. Any advice on where's the best/worst place to stay?
Reply 1
Hey im applying to do adult nursing next year too, im confused too, im not sure on weeks, the first year is a 50 week course and accommodation is 44? Lol or am i being a tad thick! But i think the best ones to apply to are the ones where other nurses are going to stay and you will meet loads of people on the interview day, but i have been looking at victoria halls looks decent and charlotte court i think its called!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Hey, Sheffield Hallam is also my first choice for next year, haven't been to an open day yet but from what I've seen online Opal 1 and Liberty Court seem quite nice in terms of accommodation. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by LascellesYoung
Hey, Sheffield Hallam is also my first choice for next year, haven't been to an open day yet but from what I've seen online Opal 1 and Liberty Court seem quite nice in terms of accommodation. :smile:

Hey by any chance are you doing nusring? The course for nursing is 50 weeks but rentle weeks are 44😒 how does accommation work for nurses or am i being a bit silly? Lol it has stumped me!
Ohh I have no Idea about that sorry, I'm hoping to study Events Management, I'd recommend getting in touch with whoever runs the accommodation
Reply 5
Ok thank you anyway im definitely going to phone and ask! Oh awesome good luck, sheffield is awesome i really like the uni!!
Reply 6
Original post by Rachael2508
Hey,
In a nutshell, I'm looking at going to Sheffield Hallam to study nursing next year. I went to the uni open day, but the accommodation confused the **** out of me. Any advice on where's the best/worst place to stay?

Original post by Natasha1190
Hey im applying to do adult nursing next year too, im confused too, im not sure on weeks, the first year is a 50 week course and accommodation is 44? Lol or am i being a tad thick! But i think the best ones to apply to are the ones where other nurses are going to stay and you will meet loads of people on the interview day, but i have been looking at victoria halls looks decent and charlotte court i think its called!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello ladies!

Some accommodations do longer contracts, so don't worry - you won't be homeless!! Park Student Village have 51 week contracts, and they also have special summer prices. I've stayed on one of their longer contracts as they were one of the cheapest providers of accommodation I found around Sheffield.

For £76 a week, you get rent, all bills included (including internet), contents insurance, the use of various facilities (cinema room, common room, laundry/drying), it's a gated community, with staff on site 24/7 who can help you with any problems you might have. Just as I left there, they were building more of a social community, so they have fund raisers, a few get-together's and parties - it's a really lovely place to live.

You can see more on their website www.crm-students.com/crm-accommodation/sheffield/ or check out their facebook www.facebook.com/parkstudentvillage

I've also stayed at Liberty Works. This was a nice accommodation - pretty quiet which was good during term time. When I stayed there, it was more expensive as I had to pay for additional internet, but I understand that it's inclusive now so it might not be that much of a price difference now.

I've not lived in Exchange Works, Leadmill Point, Archways or The Forge, however, I used to be a club promoter so I've spent time in all of these accommodations as a ticket seller. If you're after an en suite, they have those available, but personally, I think the rooms are on the small side there and quite expensive for what they offer - though again, they have onsite security and are gated, so they're safe places to live.

In regards to locations, if you have any questions about how long it takes to get to places, don't hesitate to ask, I know this city pretty well now :smile:
Reply 7
hi to everyone,

i m going to apply in january and i was looking for accommodatin for one month. i think that the best solution is study inn, just five minutes from university and you have a lot of services in that accommodation.
For example : weekly cleaning service etc......gym inside.....

try to have a look on the website.

manuel
hey Im applying for accomodation at sheffield hallam , im studying biology with foundation, ive looked around and I'm thinking the forge is the best, however im looking into whether or not the internet has been improved. for me the winning point is the free gym , its my obsession . look when it comes down to it here's my list on where you should stay:
-out the main part of the city (dont want drunks outside shouting)
-free internet
-common room with cool stuff i.e pool table
-en-suite (its just worth the extra cost)
-extras (for example gym, near a park, taxi's)
-local area (shopping, bars,clubs)
-10-15 mins from uni
-insurance
-price
please continue if you have anymore.....
Reply 9
I'm looking into Victoria halls! That looks pretty decent and it isn't too far, plus if buses in Sheffield for students is 80p so bargin :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
before you do look at the student welcome booklet it doesn't look as good then, i dont think the internet is included and so on, its private you see ,i really suggest accommodation by the uni's through unite, you get buses cheap anyway as a student
if you think my choice of accommodation has flaws please warm me
I have stayed with friends in the forge, it's pretty decent and massive so you will meet lots of people! But I don't think my friends have had any trouble there, it will be one if my options if I get a place in SHU!

Posted from TSR Mobile
i got an offer so hopefully thats where I'll be going , thx for the info
Original post by willparker666
i got an offer so hopefully thats where I'll be going , thx for the info

Well done on getting a place and good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied to Victoria halls and the pinnacles

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending