The Student Room Group

Boys, what do you think of girls who like football?

Any opinions? :please:
404609_560074204023685_698587551_n.jpg
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ooh, I like the girl on the left's hair. :smile:

But anyway, I don't think they think anything of it... :erm:
Reply 2
Original post by sosadsosad
Ooh, I like the girl on the left's hair. :smile:

But anyway, I don't think they think anything of it... :erm:

the reason I ask is that my boyfriend thinks its a turn off. He hates football :frown:.
Hah, and thanks for the hair xD
Huge turn off.

"Going to the pub to watch the football with the boys." no longer works as an excuse as to why you're not available on a Saturday afternoon. She'd join you. She'd be there in the middle of man time. This would be sacrilegious.
Reply 4
Nothing wrong with it.
If there is women football then there should be girls that like football.
I think it is pretty cute in a way. :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Original post by mikeyd85
Huge turn off.

"Going to the pub to watch the football with the boys." no longer works as an excuse as to why you're not available on a Saturday afternoon. She'd join you. She'd be there in the middle of man time. This would be sacrilegious.

it doesn't mean she will go with you each time. And you won't have any problems if you want to watch a match :tongue:. The real problem starts when your favourite teams play against eachother
Reply 6
Original post by Cashmee
Nothing wrong with it.
If there is women football then there should be girls that like football.
I think it is pretty cute in a way. :rolleyes:

why cute? :smile:
This thread belongs in the Relationship/Chat section.
Reply 8
Huge turn on my cawk twitches at the thought of it
Why does it matter what a guy thinks of it? :s-smilie:

If I enjoy watching Nigella talk about cakes why would it matter what a guy has to think about that?
Or my obsession with reading, or watching old movies and listening to Frank Sinatra? The point of having a hobby/interest is that it's YOURS if you're watching football to please a guy then footy isn't really your hobby and you're wasting your time.

I don't like football and my OH doesn't give a ****.

-----

Okay just read it's you who likes footy! Well same thing! It's your hobby so it doesn't matter what he thinks about it.

The top comment can be aimed at any girls attempting to impress a guy by fake-liking a sport instead.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
A girl who loves football is a dream come true :tongue:

On a serious note: Its good.
Reply 11
Original post by Aniaa
He hates football :frown:.

So what your saying is, he's never experienced happiness? :eek:
Original post by Aniaa
it doesn't mean she will go with you each time. And you won't have any problems if you want to watch a match :tongue:. The real problem starts when your favourite teams play against eachother

I'm just messing about tbh. And surely that'd be the best bit! :tongue: You can legitimately shout at each other for an hour and a half and have it be nothing but football banter. :yep:
Reply 13
Original post by Strawberrycayk
Why does it matter what a guy thinks of it? :s-smilie:

If I enjoy watching Nigella talk about cakes why would it matter what a guy has to think about that?
Or my obsession with reading, or watching old movies and listening to Frank Sinatra? The point of having a hobby/interest is that it's YOURS if you're watching football to please a guy then footy isn't really your hobby and you're wasting your time.

I don't like football and my OH doesn't give a ****.

the fact my bf hates football doesn't mean I will quit watching it. I just wanted to know what boys think of girls like me and my friend :smile:
To good to be true...
Reply 15
Original post by mikeyd85
I'm just messing about tbh. And surely that'd be the best bit! :tongue: You can legitimately shout at each other for an hour and a half and have it be nothing but football banter. :yep:

well unless it doesn't get too bad. When BVB won 4-1 with Real I almost lost my friend lol
I dont know about football but girls who can play basketball.. omg<3 TURN ON.
Reply 17
Original post by Enoxial
So what your saying is, he's never experienced happiness? :eek:

what you mean?
Original post by Aniaa
well unless it doesn't get too bad. When BVB won 4-1 with Real I almost lost my friend lol

Hahaha. I've not had it too bad amongst my friends, but I do have a pair who often watch footy together who support both Liverpool and Everton and that's nearlly broken their friendship before!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Reply 19
They will hate it, and find it absolutely abhorrent and disgusting. You'd best leave it alone and find more feminine pursuits like sewing, so you have something to do when they need to visit their manly man cave to watch some football and get away from you.

Is this a serious question?

Quick Reply

Latest