Original post by DoctorSomebody
UEA, Plymouth & Exeter.

How about you?

we've applied to the same places haha
Original post by sumiya
Thanks!!! :biggrin:

I resat the year - so did my 2 AS's again and took one to full a level
where I got all A's

and now i'm taking my 2 AS's to A2's and taking another full a level in one year.

sounds complicated but basically I aiming for A*AAA in the end (with one A thats already been achieved) :smile:

Ahhh that makes sense! So you resat year 12 rather than year 13?
Reply 322
Original post by Rumschpringe
Ahhh that makes sense! So you resat year 12 rather than year 13?

yeah :smile: how about you?
Original post by gaby_xo
we've applied to the same places haha

That's awesome! I'm guessing that you're in the same boat as me - resit re-applicant?
Hi everyone,
It says that the interviews last for 15-20 minute, does anyone else think that is too short. x
Reply 325
Original post by Amaracoco
Hi everyone,
It says that the interviews last for 15-20 minute, does anyone else think that is too short. x

It's not, sometimes they can be even shorter. The thing is you have to remember that Liverpool interviews an awful lot of applicants so are subjected to quite strict time constraints.
Original post by myyrh
It's not, sometimes they can be even shorter. The thing is you have to remember that Liverpool interviews an awful lot of applicants so are subjected to quite strict time constraints.

Yeah your right, how many people do they they interview out of their applicants received. xxx
Reply 327
Yeah your right, how many people do they they interview out of their applicants received. xxx

Well they receive well over 3000 applicants and aim to interview around 8-900ish. These figures are quite rough though and slightly change each year.
Original post by myyrh
Well they receive well over 3000 applicants and aim to interview around 8-900ish. These figures are quite rough though and slightly change each year.

Okay so around 30%-ish of their applicants. Damm that means I really have to impress at the interview! xxx
Original post by sumiya
yeah :smile: how about you?

Nah I'm resitting A2, so I have achieved grades (that aren't good at all). I'm hoping the other aspects of my application will be strong enough to bag me an interview..... :frown:

[font="Arial"][INDENT]Hey everyone I got an interview at Liverpool and one of their subject areas they will quiz you on is 'Knowledge of Modern Medical Practice and its Requirements' ?? Does anyone know what that will entitle. [/INDENT]

[font="Arial"]Hey everyone I got an interview at Liverpool and one of their subject areas they will quiz you on is 'Knowledge of Modern Medical Practice and its Requirements' ?? Does anyone know what that will entitle.

Oh wow congrats! :smile: When did you get the email?

I'm guessing it'll be things like what is required as a doctor, like teamwork/leadership/decision making/dealing with patients etc, maybe some ethics?
Reply 332
What style of interview is it? MMI or one with two interviewers in a room?

Does anyone know what criteria they mark you on?

Hi Guys, I'm a first year medic at Liverpool!
First off, don't stress, whether you have an interview or if you don't yet.
If you have, then all good. Liverpool is amazing. Also, the interview is very relaxed, now this doesn't mean don't prepare, it just means don't expect to be grilled. Don't try to prepare amazing answers that you think they want to hear. Just be yourself, make sure your real personality comes across because at the end of the day, the interviewer wants to make sure that your suited to the school, so you have to be yourself.

If you haven't heard anything yet, that's fine too! Unless you are the first round of interviews you don't hear until a few weeks before your interview. My advice here is just don't stress waiting!

Don't worry if your a resit applicant. I was also a resit and I got an interview both years, and finally got in this year. Your extra year will work out. Please don't stress.

If you have any questions, please contact me, send me a private message or whatever. Also, I'm going to try to get something sorted where I pair the people coming for interviews up with a current medical student, just to give a bit of last minute of advice/ show you where to go. Any questions about that please contact me. Also, I know how expensive a last minute stay in liverpoool can be, so if people want I can also try to arrange people who are comfortable with it places to stay, with medical students of course.

Contact me at any time
Reply 334
Original post by Dr.Acula.1994
Hi Guys, I'm a first year medic at Liverpool!
First off, don't stress, whether you have an interview or if you don't yet.
If you have, then all good. Liverpool is amazing. Also, the interview is very relaxed, now this doesn't mean don't prepare, it just means don't expect to be grilled. Don't try to prepare amazing answers that you think they want to hear. Just be yourself, make sure your real personality comes across because at the end of the day, the interviewer wants to make sure that your suited to the school, so you have to be yourself.

If you haven't heard anything yet, that's fine too! Unless you are the first round of interviews you don't hear until a few weeks before your interview. My advice here is just don't stress waiting!

Don't worry if your a resit applicant. I was also a resit and I got an interview both years, and finally got in this year. Your extra year will work out. Please don't stress.

If you have any questions, please contact me, send me a private message or whatever. Also, I'm going to try to get something sorted where I pair the people coming for interviews up with a current medical student, just to give a bit of last minute of advice/ show you where to go. Any questions about that please contact me. Also, I know how expensive a last minute stay in liverpoool can be, so if people want I can also try to arrange people who are comfortable with it places to stay, with medical students of course.

Contact me at any time

Hi your awesome . Thanks for all the information an being so informative . I'm also a resit applicant and haven't heard yet so trying my best to keep positive. .

When did you hear about your interview ?
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't remember the actually date, but I think it was mid-feb when I heard, with an ear;y march interview :smile: So only 2 or 3 weeks
Reply 336
I can't remember the actually date, but I think it was mid-feb when I heard, with an ear;y march interview :smile: So only 2 or 3 weeks

Wow that would be considered realllly late on This thread lol

I feel better now thanks . No hurry to get an interview

Well done on getting in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey well done for getting in :biggrin: What were your grades before you resat if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Rumschpringe
Oh wow congrats! :smile: When did you get the email?

I'm guessing it'll be things like what is required as a doctor, like teamwork/leadership/decision making/dealing with patients etc, maybe some ethics?

hi and thank you so much, I got the e-mail on Thursday :smile:. Thanks for the reply, so I think I could talk about what I saw/learnt at work experiences.
Reply 339
Hello there I'm an international student. Does anyone know if Liverpool has start giving pre-interview rejections?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending