The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340
Original post by Joshuabruno1
Hey guys, I got my offer for Economic History on Friday from the LSE. So hopefully I will see some of you guys there next year!

Hi
Well done! When did you send your application and when did you receive the 5 week email? Also if you don't mind me asking what are your predicted grades, and what did you get for you AS's and GCSE's?

Thanks
:smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I sent my application on the 16th October and was 2 weeks into the five week email
Original post by arminb
Well said. But maybe for some courses like economics and law people will prefer LSE to oxford. Im just saying maybe

Some may choose LSE over Oxbridge for Economics but it really depends on the type of economics that interests them. For example, If i receive an offer from Cambridge for Economics i'll turn down my LSE offer. I have no interest in going into the Financial sector, Macroeconomics and Policy are something i find a lot more interesting.

But you're definitely right, i have lots of friends who will pick LSE over oxbridge given the chance.
I sent my application on the 16th October and was 2 weeks into the five week email

If you don't mind, can you tell me you AS subjects and grades you achieved and if LSE does consider which school you went too. I also go to a very low performing school.
Reply 1344
My GCSE's were bad due to a terrible school. Got A*AAAAAABB at gcse and my predicted grades for A level are A*AA. The offer is AAB. Anyone else doing Economic History?

HUGE congratulations, it's an amazing course :biggrin: I've applied for it.... my GCSEs were 3 A*, 6.5 A and 2B, AS grades were AAAC and predicted A*AA... hopefully I get an offer :frown: currently 1 week and 4 days into the 5 week email!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1345
guys, its my first time coming to this Thread, huge congratulations to all those who got their offers already, I am applying for Social Policy and Criminalogy, I got 3A* 2A ( finished A2) , i wonder whats the difference between 2-week and 5-week emails? and do you get one of them or both?
Reply 1346
Original post by Gibsone
guys, its my first time coming to this Thread, huge congratulations to all those who got their offers already, I am applying for Social Policy and Criminalogy, I got 3A* 2A ( finished A2) , i wonder whats the difference between 2-week and 5-week emails? and do you get one of them or both?

You will get the two week email usually a few days after your confirmation one! It will say you will be updated in approximately 2 weeks on your application. Some people can get rejected after the 2 week stage but looking at your A2 grades, you most definitely won't (they're incredible :biggrin:). So then you get onto the 5 week stage, and a few people have said you will get a decision within the 5 weeks of receiving the email :smile:
Reply 1347
Original post by ErHi?
You will get the two week email usually a few days after your confirmation one! It will say you will be updated in approximately 2 weeks on your application. Some people can get rejected after the 2 week stage but looking at your A2 grades, you most definitely won't (they're incredible :biggrin:). So then you get onto the 5 week stage, and a few people have said you will get a decision within the 5 weeks of receiving the email :smile:

thanks man, it helps a lot!!!
I have received an unconditional offer from LSE for straight economics!!!!!!!!!

Sent my application on the 28 of October

Good luck to all of you guys:smile:
Reply 1349
Original post by StudioBagel

Woww, congratulations :wink:
Reply 1350
wait a minute, that is too fast. are you sure it was 28 of october? not september?
Reply 1351

DAMN THAT WAS FAST!!! CONGRATSS!!! lucky u didnt need to do much waiting:cool:

Unconditional?@!?@!? You must be god.
Reply 1353

wow!!

but thats too fast QVQ..........

Posted from TSR Mobile
So my two-weeks was up just under two weeks ago and I still haven't heard back from the IR department!!! I know it takes a while, but people who applied after me have already had their '5 week' email or even offers. I'm just so desperate to hear about my application, even if it's a rejection, just so I can stop stressing! Is any one else still waiting for an IR response?

Applied on 13th

Received two week email on 16th

:s-smilie:

Well done.

May I ask for your AS, A2, GCSEs?
Reply 1356
I have two friends who applied to LSE and they have been rejected. One for Law & Anthropology and one for International History. LSE gives you a reason why they rejected and both of theirs was due to their personal statements not being tailored enough to LSE's course... So were our personal statements meant to be completely about LSE and their course and nothing else? I've included "I would like to study IR or ESPS" in my personal statement because I'm applying to only london to stay close to home and I'm applying to the top unis here.. I'm starting to get worried...
Original post by ryazd
I have two friends who applied to LSE and they have been rejected. One for Law & Anthropology and one for International History. LSE gives you a reason why they rejected and both of theirs was due to their personal statements not being tailored enough to LSE's course... So were our personal statements meant to be completely about LSE and their course and nothing else? I've included "I would like to study IR or ESPS" in my personal statement because I'm applying to only london to stay close to home and I'm applying to the top unis here.. I'm starting to get worried...

What were their grades and predictions like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1358
Original post by kiirankapoor
What were their grades and predictions like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

International history one: 5a*s 6as at gcses AAAA at AS and predicted A*A*A* at a level
Law: AAAC for AS and .... Not sure about her predictions I'd say A*AA

Mine are... 10A*s 1A for gcses (3A*s in igcse) and AAAB in AS predicted A*A*A for a level
Original post by ryazd

LSE will understand that you're applying to 4 other universities. They can't expect you to tailor your personal statement JUST to their course. But you should have previously researched their course, what it entails, and make sure you include something that shows this. For instance, you could look at their module list and read a book about it, then mention it on your statement. Also, if IR at LSE is highly mathematical (which I do not know if it is or not), then you would have to mention elements of maths and how it relates to IR.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending